• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #7] Rangers vs. Colorado Avalanche — Sauté Nate's Broccoli

High and Wide

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Dude....

I really don't think it was. Avs dominated the 1st, we carried a lot of the play in the second, 3rd was mostly a wash and we had to chase the game thanks to Igors shenanigans. Sucks to lose to that schmuck on the Avs though 

Edited by Keirik
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

Diasgree pretty strongly their best players were junk almost the entire not. Invisible would be kind for a lot of if not most of them. That effort wouldn't nearly be could enough in the playoffs and they were playing against their backup the last five years. I don't take this one as a morale we played really well victory and move on. It was more of the same that we've seen lately. 

I mean in your hypothetical the avs aren’t in playoff form yet but we have to be? Was it a perfect game, no. But we held up with the best of the best in a dog fight of a game and I think the players probably feel pretty good about it. 

Panarin had 7 shots on goal and zib had 6. They were getting opportunities. Not factoring in the error on the 2nd goal Shesty looked his best this year. 

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

Played champs to a tie, and this team doesn't quite have it's act together. Not ideal, but for October, take the loser's point and move on. Take away Igor's brainfart...No matter, major improvement over the last 2 shitbag games. 

As above, need more pucks and bodies at the net. Teams' top 3 lines are not very good at dump and chase; they do have offesnive talent, but it's more skill-oriented. As a last option on entry, sure. But not their forte.

Just now, Bugg said:

Don't think it was a turd. Not ideal, but they were facing the Stanley Cup champs. Take away Igor making a dumb mistake, probably a win.

Can you name non Shesterkin guys that played well for more than a shift or 2? 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, josh said:

Fox, Trouba and Goodrow were all solid. Trocheck, Panarin and ZIb all had solid games. Not grounds for a keg party, but a major improvement over the last 2 awful games. 

Edited by Bugg
  • Like 1

• Phil unpinned this topic

What concerns me and where I come down harder on them is this is after laying two eggs against bad teams at home in your last two. I think the first line was bad, failed the eye test terribly - again. I thought Panarin was at least visible, some good some bad. Laf, meh. 2nd line as a whole meh. Third and fourth lines sure I guess. Nice pass by Vesey. Somebody already said it here if they still believe they're going to score goals in bunches they may want to reconsider until they actually do it on a regular basis. Without seeing the dreaded paper, it would seem like they continue to bleed shots. 

I just expected more after the last two. It's not the end of the world. But certainly a disappointing three game stretch for me

**I see you guys saying Zib had 6 shots and I'm shocked. I don't remember a single one being one where I said oh shit I thought that was going in. The one Geo saved with his asshole by falling on it two feet from the goal line. OK there's one if that was Zibs

Edited by jsrangers

5 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Fox, Trouba and Goodrow were all solid. Trocheck, Panarin and ZIb all had solid games. Not grounds for a keg party, but a major improvement over the last 2 awful games. 

Panarin did alright, but he’s paid to score. Another big game he didn’t. 

the rest, I disagree. 

but that’s the difference between a cup winner and a .500 team

Bad first. Good second. Ok third.

That OT power play was a giant stinker. They need to get into the lab and fix their power play. It has been total shit as of late and is becoming too obvious. Fox and Panarin NEED to shoot more. It can’t just be lean everything and then give Zibanejad a one-timer pass. Listen, it’s a weapon and it will result in goals. But it can’t be the only thing we run. Pucks need to get to the net from avenues outside of the Zibanejad shot.

28 minutes ago, josh said:

Panarin did alright, but he’s paid to score. Another big game he didn’t. 

the rest, I disagree. 

but that’s the difference between a cup winner and a .500 team

I agree with the thought on bread. Bread is still a very very good player. However, his cap hit means he needs to be tjr bread from year one here and not the one from the last two seasons. 

Can't say we didn't see it coming!!!  Just a stellar game by our former whipping boy, "Georgi-sieve"! 

I guess the glass half-full mentality is that we still got a point out of it.  We did however, have our chances to win this one...

....Here are the Top 9 nominees for Ozzy’s Quote of the GDT, sponsored by: Mike Hammer, the detective needed to find Kreider's scoring touch from last season!

4 hours ago, Keirik said:

Can this game start anytime soon ? Some of us have to wake up early tomorrow. I mean, not me, but some people lol 

4 hours ago, Flynn said:

Ryan Carpenter skates like his leg is 100% asleep and he’s trying to work out the pins & needles without falling down 

3 hours ago, Karan said:

Emily looks like she's been getting wardrobe tips from Don Cherry. 

3 hours ago, Pete said:

It's easy to miss pneumonia when you get emphysema   

3 hours ago, jsrangers said:

my god Emily looks hot as hell, I mean that couch material has got to be thick as shit. She's gotta be sweating her ass off.

2 hours ago, siddious said:

Every woman is hotter when you can’t hear what they’re saying. Hell Sam Rosen is hotter when you can’t hear what he’s saying. 

2 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

I'd start sneaking behind Georgievs net and do my best ADA impression; desperate times call for desperate measures.

2 hours ago, Karan said:

Kreider in front of the net this season.

No one knows who Biden is : r/nursing

1 hour ago, josh said:

Need Hunt - Andersson - Kravtsov 

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT...HANDS DOWN, goes to: @Karan.  Usually I wouldn't pick a GIF to win, but this is so perfect, I can't resist!

Seriously, what in the blazing blue fucking hell is Kreider doing on the ice???  ...Looks like he needs a map, or should stop and ask fucking directions!!  Damn, dude...Get your shit together!!!

Isles tomorrow night, and a Bar Room Brotherhood meet up!!!

I'm feeling a "W" coming up!!!  That and a few buckets of brew!!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1
  • LMFAO 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

I'm not as down on CK after this game as most of you seem to be.  He had some good chances and they did not go in.  The "where is Chris?" games from years past looked different from this.  That said, I always felt relieved when the first line's shifts were done and the second group came on. 

This was Sheshty's best game since opening night, notwithstanding the miscue goal and two for four in the shootout.

I just want to go .500 in skills competitions, and we are now -2. 

We need to make the PP about something other than Zib one timers.  They are terrific when they work, but they aren't high percentage shots, and there will always be a lot of misses of the net (to say nothing of broken sticks). 

Obviously, going out to play a keyed up and rested Islanders team the night after a consuming game like this one is not ideal.

1 hour ago, josh said:

Fox

Trouba

Blais

Miller

Panarin

Trocheck

Lafreniere

Goodrow

Honestly I think you guys need 60 minute domination and lighting up the scoresheet to recognize good play.

Edited by rmc51
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

I'm not as down on CK after this game as most of you seem to be.  He had some good chances and they did not go in.  The "where is Chris?" games from years past looked different from this.  That said, I always felt relieved when the first line's shifts were done and the second group came on. 

This was Sheshty's best game since opening night, notwithstanding the miscue goal and two for four in the shootout.

I just want to go .500 in skills competitions, and we are now -2. 

We need to make the PP about something other than Zib one timers.  They are terrific when they work, but they aren't high percentage shots, and there will always be a lot of misses of the net (to say nothing of broken sticks). 

Obviously, going out to play a keyed up and rested Islanders team the night after a consuming game like this one is not ideal.

I disagree completely on the points on Kreider.

I have seen him have no-shows. I have seen him dominate games. And I have seen everything in-between over the last 10 years, just like most of us.

I can say that tonight, and I’m not even being dramatic when I say this, but tonight was the worst ever game I have seen him play at the NHL level. Almost every single time he touched the puck, he had no clue what the hell to do with it. Turnovers, lack of hustle, lack of physicality. Lack of everything, really. There was no urgency whatsoever to his game tonight. He skated like this was a preseason game. It was embarrassing to see a guy with a letter, who respects this organization and has a lot of heart, play this kind of hockey with such a lack of effort.

Like I said earlier, I’m fine with the in and out stats. And I’m realizing 52 likely was an aberration (no shocker) and he will likely return to his hot/cold act when it comes to goals. That’s all well and good. What isn’t well and good is just completely taking a night off and sleepwalking yourself through 60 minutes; especially when you’re a veteran on a younger team wearing a letter on your sweater. I was honestly disgusted watching him play tonight. Just nothing there. He has to show up, and he knows that. That was a joke.

7 hours ago, CCCP said:

Laf Zib Kak

slide CK to third line where passing isnt necessary. The guy is a horrible passer and a hockey IQ of Hunt. 

I was thinking this as I left the garden last night. Kreider looks lost. If we need a top line that performs, Laf coming for Kreider’s spot might not be the worst thing. 

Kakko needs to learn to shoot and that he can’t stick handle his way into the net for every single goal, whether open play or shootout. 

• Keeps it 100 1

7 hours ago, Valriera said:

Kreider aside this probably goes down as the best regular season game of the year. What a banger. Sucks to lose, props to Geo who outplayed Igor, but what a game. Won’t play a more exciting one all year.

I can't see how we're calling a game where the Avalanche had 20 shots in the first period the best regular season game of the year, but then again they haven't been good so far. 

8 hours ago, rmc51 said:

Nah. It was pretty close, but Colorado deserved the win on paper. According to naturalstattrick the Rangers had the HDC advantage 11-9, but xGF 2.56 to 2 for Colorado. Assuming the Avs got tons of mid range scoring chances compared to a lot of low range ones for the Rangers to swing the paper battle in their favor.

The Rangers having 11 chances, let alone out-chancing Colorado... Seems off.

I'll wait for CSA to verify haha. 

The first was a bad period. After that, they settled in and played competitively with the Champs. They’re lucky they got out of the 1st alive, mainly due to Igor. Easily could have been a lot uglier than 1-0. That being said, Georgiev also came up huge for Colorado when we sustained pressure and got some good looks.

7 hours ago, Keirik said:

I feel like the fact I haven’t won a GDT quote yet this year by @Ozzyis the equivalent to how Kreiders season is going this far….I guess last year was a magical year for the both of us. 

😞

...You've "hit the post" a few times this year....I figure you'll have a few dandy's tonight at the table....Like usual!!!  ...Just post them this time!!!  LOL

• LMFAO 1