• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #7] Rangers vs. Colorado Avalanche — Sauté Nate's Broccoli

High and Wide

Just now, Cash or Czech said:

Kravtsov is getting manhandled on every play. He looks like he weighs 150

Zibanejad looks like Covid zibanejad

We can’t make a single simple pass to save our lives

We aren’t getting the puck on net and crashing. Always trying to create the perfect play

The refs are fucking morons

I don’t even necessarily blame the refs there as much as I blame the system.

It was a missed call. But the technology exists and the allowance to use that technology in certain but not all facets of a high sticking call is what really annoys me there.

• Bullseye 1

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Good road period for the Rangers. 🙄

Couple of thoughts...Kreider no where near the player he was last year.

Also, really felt like out of all the names thrown out to "upgrade" Strome, Trochek was a legit "name brand"...But so far, he ain't it. Hopefully he's just settling in. Not looking good right now though.

Kravtsov...You can see the brain is there, he knows what to do when he has the puck, but he is used to having time and space in the KHL that he isn't getting here. Dude got caught from behind so easily...He should be in the AHL and it's a shame he thought he was too good for it for 2 years. He's have so much more experience on NA ice if he wasn't....whatever.

Avs on pace for 60 shots. That says it all, feeling justified in my previous stance about how far away they really were fro winning anything last year.

Man, we'll be lucky to get 30 goals out of Kreider this season, which frankly is probably par for him. Last year was a major anamoly.

The thing with Trocheck is, so far it looks like a lateral move. He's better in areas that Stromer was weak in, but on the flip side Stromer was better at aspects that Trocheck can't match. Having said that, I think we have to give him at least 20 games or so to gel with the team and line mates before drawing conclusions.

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

We can sit back and say everything and anything we want. But it’s 1-0. Still a game up for grabs. 40 minutes to go, PP to begin on fresh ice. Go grab one.

Fair point. But bearing in mind that the last 2 games were both winnable even with the Rangers playing like shit for 40-50 mins and showing up for only 10 minutes, and they still couldn't seize the opportunity. So based on that I don't have much confidence in them pulling out the W tonight unless they come out looking drastically different in the 2nd. 

Just now, Karan said:

Man, we'll be lucky to get 30 goals out of Kreider this season, which frankly is probably par for him. Last year was a major anamoly.

The thing with Trocheck is, so far it looks like a lateral move. He's better in areas that Stromer was weak in, but on the flip side Stromer was better at aspects that Trocheck can't match. Having said that, I think we have to give him at least 20 games or so to gel with the team and line mates before drawing conclusions.

Yea, I think it's nerves with a big contract. But I've always felt like he's a chucker. He isn't interested in making the right play with the puck, he's just so vanilla. He isn't the guy to work with Panarin. He isn't going to hold it, make a good play, or buy time. He just throws it at the net.

1 minute ago, Karan said:

Fair point. But bearing in mind that the last 2 games were both winnable even with the Rangers playing like shit for 40-50 mins and showing up for only 10 minutes, and they still couldn't seize the opportunity. So based on that I don't have much confidence in them pulling out the W tonight unless they come out looking drastically different in the 2nd. 

Right. Avs putting on a clinic and showing what a hungry team does...Defending champs, Cup favorites, here to take care of business and take 2 points...Rangers still living off last year's fumes.

6 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I don’t even necessarily blame the refs there as much as I blame the system.

It was a missed call. But the technology exists and the allowance to use that technology in certain but not all facets of a high sticking call is what really annoys me there.

They kept playing it over and over again on the overhead screen. All they had to do was look up

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Right. Avs putting on a clinic and showing what a hungry team does...Defending champs, Cup favorites, here to take care of business and take 2 points...Rangers still living off last year's fumes.

That fume is quickly evaporating…. Except for Igor…

Edited by Cr00zng

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yea, I think it's nerves with a big contract. But I've always felt like he's a chucker. He isn't interested in making the right play with the puck, he's just so vanilla. He isn't the guy to work with Panarin. He isn't going to hold it, make a good play, or buy time. He just throws it at the net.

Yeah that's a good assessment. Probably not going to see him taking advantage of Panarin's position and scoring those tic-tac-toe goals the way Stromer used to, very often. But whether his style is more productive across the season remains to be seen. 

• Like 1