• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #8] Rangers @ New York Islanders — Here We Go Again

Phil

2 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Definitely...but why can't both things be true? lol

I just feel like it’s a cop out. The Winnipeg game and tonight, he wasn’t bad. He wasn’t Igor, but he wasn’t bad. CBJ he and the whole team were hot garbage.

The problem right now is getting the offense going. The depth is a problem, and the fact that the guys we rely on to score are doing nothing is the issue.

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I just feel like it’s a cop out. The Winnipeg game and tonight, he wasn’t bad. He wasn’t Igor, but he wasn’t bad. CBJ he and the whole team were hot garbage.

The problem right now is getting the offense going. The depth is a problem, and the fact that the guys we rely on to score are doing nothing is the issue.

The problem isn't singular. The offense needs to start converting, yes, but the goaltending, aside from last night against Colorado, has collectively been piss poor. Well below average. That's even considering some shoddy stretches of team defense.

1 minute ago, Blue Heaven said:

But if Igor is in, maybe the Rangers play a little looser and score more than 2 goals in those games.  And Halak was ok but both Palmieri goals….Woof 

Eh. All it’s. If my aunt had balls, she’d be my uncle.

Rivalry aside, this Islanders team is a team the Rangers should be beating. Halak didn’t lose this game. We did nothing offensively. Our PP, which looked like it carried the momentum over from last year, has been a dud.

1 minute ago, rmc51 said:

The problem isn't singular. The offense needs to start converting, yes, but the goaltending, aside from last night against Colorado, has collectively been piss poor. Well below average. That's even considering some shoddy stretches of team defense.

I actually disagree.

The Rangers we’re playing run and gun, loosey goosey hockey against Anaheim, for example, and once we had numbers up, they got off their game defensively and Anaheim scored some goals when, not that the game was over, but the game was somewhat in hand. I feel like, and Gallant has said it, that the team got a bit way from its identity there and they want to play a full 60. And since then, the offense has gone MIA.

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Eh. All it’s. If my aunt had balls, she’d be my uncle.

Rivalry aside, this Islanders team is a team the Rangers should be beating. Halak didn’t lose this game. We did nothing offensively. Our PP, which looked like it carried the momentum over from last year, has been a dud.

Give credit to Sorokin, he played very well, NYR had more high quality scoring chances than the Isles.  

1 minute ago, Blue Heaven said:

Give credit to Sorokin, he played very well, NYR had more high quality scoring chances than the Isles.  

They had looks. And the shots were heavily one sided. And as bad as things seem, the world isn’t burning. This is fixable. It’s a rut.

But I just feel like some of these lines may be a little stale. 

• Bullseye 1

What good is putting 40+ SOG every game if you can’t shoot well enough to get them past the opposing goalie.  NYR are looking like a one trick pony right now with every opponent able to plan for and counter what they know the NYR are going to try and do.  It’s way too early to panic, but we need a better plan and have to get a lot better at executing it.

Haven't we been told for years and multiple coaches now that Allaire calls the goalie schedule and it's usually set well in advance?  That how much trust they have put in him. Also I would like to ride Igor all the time but at the same time he hasn't proven to be all that durable. 

I do think they have to adjust their urgency level. All that big dick energy and swag they grew over the summer after the deep playoff run lasted 2 games. It's been a struggle since.