• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #8] Rangers @ New York Islanders — Here We Go Again

Phil

1 minute ago, fletch said:

I would be interested in the fancy stats for this game, expected goals, dangerous chances, etc.  40+ shots sounds impressive but I don’t remember many quality chances since the end of the first for the Rangers

Haven’t you seen enough shit tonight?

• LMFAO 1

8 minutes ago, fletch said:

I would be interested in the fancy stats for this game, expected goals, dangerous chances, etc.  40+ shots sounds impressive but I don’t remember many quality chances since the end of the first for the Rangers

Rangers: 

Corsi: 71, Fenwick: 55, Shots: 41, Scoring Chances: 37, High Danger Chances: 20, Expected Goals: 4.57

Islanders:

Corsi: 53, Fenwick: 39, Shots: 29, Scoring Chances: 28, High Danger Chances: 9, Expected Goals: 2.82

Edited by Karan
  • VINNY! 1

Just now, josh said:

but but but last year they scored on the PP… 

I mean Gallant made the terrific adjustment to keep Panarin off the left boards in favor of Zibanejad last year. Did wonders for the PP on the season, but I want to say it was forced at first with a Panarin injury and Zib absolutely lit it up in that spot so GG stuck with it to his credit. Going to have to get creative to keep PKs on their toes

Just now, Karan said:

Rangers: 

Corsi: 51, Fenwick: 42, Shots: 32, Scoring Chances: 28, High Danger Chances: 15, Expected Goals: 3.26

Islanders:

Corsi: 39, Fenwick: 28, Shots: 20, Scoring Chances: 21, High Danger Chances: 7, Expected Goals: 1.89

Contrary to the belief that's spreading in the GDTs, they have not played bad hockey. They are generating many, many chances, but just have not been able to finish them the last few games.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Believe 1

Just now, Blue Heaven said:

Gotta ride Shesterkin for as long as possible with a sprinkle of Halak. None of this bullshit that Shesterkin can’t play 2 out of 3 games. It’s 3 weeks into the season, this is as fresh as he will be. He is capable of playing back to backs every once in awhile. 

I don’t get why Halak played Sunday. We know Gallant hates playing Igor back to back. But at some point the kid wheels need to come off.

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

We have scored a grand total of 2 goals this season with him in net. 2.

Dominik Hasek could have been in goal tonight. Can’t win if you don’t score.

Yes, but I want to talk shit about Halak tonight.