• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Call Julien Gauthier

Phil

1 hour ago, CCCP said:

i dont get it.  He should've been called up for yesterday's game instead of playing Reeves.  Colorado doesnt have any goons.   Can't sit Reeves in today's game

eh, Kurtis MacDermid fought Reaves and did well if not got the best of Reaves last season. Not sure at what point he was scratched yesterday.

Probably just need a warm body for practice. 

That or they realize the gift he is to the sport and how badly they screwed up by signing Vesey and to another extent Carpenter.

Gauthier will score 6 goals tonight. He will fight both Martin and Clutterbuck at the same time. Absolutely destroying them. Gallant will be sobbing during the post game asking everyone for forgiveness after making such a poor decision to cut Gauthier from the roster.

Gauthier forgives you all. He understands your frustration with your feeble lives. For HE IS THE MASTER. 

Probably trying to see if he gets picked up on waivers tomorrow when they send him down. 

25 minutes ago, josh said:

This mentality from Gauthier and Zac Jones preseason is what makes winners. They both have talent and need the reps to put it together. Gauthier has potential to have a stand out anomaly season at some point, maybe this is it. His hands don't work like his head. The cut to the net move is awesome but the inability to convert is rough. Not sure that is fixable but a lil puck luck and suddenly the guy could have 10+ goals for the third line.

• Like 1

I gotta admit, I'm starting to see something in this kid!  I want him to stick on that bottom six someplace.  Kid's got all the tools and fun to watch.  I couldn't help but really feel good for him yesterday when he scored that highlight reel goal.

His teammates were pretty stoked for him too!!  That was great shit to see!!!

9 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

This mentality from Gauthier and Zac Jones preseason is what makes winners. They both have talent and need the reps to put it together. Gauthier has potential to have a stand out anomaly season at some point, maybe this is it. His hands don't work like his head. The cut to the net move is awesome but the inability to convert is rough. Not sure that is fixable but a lil puck luck and suddenly the guy could have 10+ goals for the third line.

You'd think his linemates would get to the net for a rebound on such a consistent move to the net that at least gains a scoring chance.

I'd bet most of his opportunities are never followed up by anyone trying to pop in the rebound or loose puck. Why is he typically alone by the net? Where the he'll are his lineages all the time? Maybe Goodrow is a good fit for him? He can find himself in that neighborhood when he's "on".