• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vitali Kravtsov Day-To-Day With Upper-Body Injury

Phil

10 minutes ago, josh said:

Panarin didn’t come over at that age. He was a year older. 

New Yorkers have no patience, hence the 1 cup in 100 years. 

We're past the patient part of the programming. The NHL team is not here to develop prospects. They are in win now mode.

I think you'd be surprised at how patient fans would have been with him 2 years ago, and they were in his 20-game stint putting up four points. But you shouldn't be surprised, because it's only common sense. 

But that patience wears thin when he pulls his baby bullshit about being too good for the AHL and then comes in and shows nothing on the top two lines. 

39 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What gets me with you (and others, but I'm not going to tag everyone, so Im usingy our post to get on a soapbox.  Sorry Ozzy) ripping on this kid, is that he's played here before this season. 

Why has everyone forgotten that he looked pretty good and wasn't overmatched with the size and speed of the game.  He goes into traffic. He plays decent defense. 

And this quit on his team stuff needs to be put to rest. He says most of what was said about the situation isn't true. Even if it was true. Peoplle need to get the fuck over ot. He's here now. The coach has said nothing but good things about him. He's all they got man!

Look at what's playing in his place! The team is a wreck without him or someone good in his spot. Lafrenière needs to lead his own line, for the sake of spreading out the offense. The 3rd line is comprised of Chytil and players that probably shouldn't be in the league.  

The Rangers have no other option.  So maybe we should be a bit more supportive of the highly anticipated skilled forward that they drafted and NEED to form a decent forward group.  

Let's not constantly shit on the kids misfortunes. 

I'm actually not ripping him, Dude man...I'm really pulling for the kid to come through!  I shit on Chytil all last year...he's my whipping boy!  LOL  ..and I'm giving him his fair shake to show us what he's got again this season!....ahh shit I can't find the post...

I'm just saying that viewpoint of quitting on the team, and refusal to go to the AHL is a fair stance considering his past....not necessarily mine, but I can totally understand some of the guys feeling this way.

2 hours ago, josh said:

Panarin didn’t come over at that age. He was a year older. 

New Yorkers have no patience, hence the 1 cup in 100 years. 

Pretty hot take considering we are in year 5 of Chytil waiting for the breakout and 4th year of Kakko’s “breakout”. 

The difference is, both of those guys have done exactly what the team has asked them to do. 

2 hours ago, Sod16 said:

I don't want to hear about him being soft or fragile, that was a nasty sequence that would have injured most anyone, whether he spent the summer putting on muscle or not.

That injury had less to do with his lack of muscles and more to do with not knowing the North American game. Think Panarin goes into the boards that way? Think Johnny Hockey does? Right now just just too raw, too stupid, or too stubborn. That play doesn’t happen in the KHL. Here it’s routine. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Sod16 said:

I don't want to hear about him being soft or fragile, that was a nasty sequence that would have injured most anyone, whether he spent the summer putting on muscle or not.

As we say in the HR world when someone gets dies for attendance issues when they are sick, “it’s not this incident, but a culmination of all the incidents”

again, coming from the biggest Kravtsov fan here. Hard hit for sure, but this is three injuries in 4 periods. Ouch. 

4 minutes ago, Keirik said:

That injury had less to do with his lack of muscles and more to do with not knowing the North American game. Think Panarin goes into the boards that way? Think Johnny Hockey does? Right now just just too raw, too stupid, or too stubborn. That play doesn’t happen in the KHL. Here it’s routine. 

if he didn’t make that play, we’d hear more shit talk about him. He went in to make a play on the puck, put his body on the line, and it didn’t go well. 

• Bullseye 1
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, Sod16 said:

100%.

Soft/fragile don't even remotely apply. I think it's justified if someone's referring to him as injury-prone at this point, but that same play is hurting anyone nine times out of ten.

36 minutes ago, josh said:

if he didn’t make that play, we’d hear more shit talk about him. He went in to make a play on the puck, put his body on the line, and it didn’t go well. 

In that situation? I’m not so sure. We sometimes want Panarin to back check a bit more but not one fan wants him going in the corner vulnerable with a guy twice his size. 

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

In that situation? I’m not so sure. We sometimes want Panarin to back check a bit more but not one fan wants him going in the corner vulnerable with a guy twice his size. 

Panarin isn’t that fast or long. He wouldn’t be in that position. 

in the playoffs, yeah I’d like to see Panarin go after that puck. 

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, josh said:

As we say in the HR world when someone gets dies for attendance issues when they are sick, “it’s not this incident, but a culmination of all the incidents”

again, coming from the biggest Kravtsov fan here. Hard hit for sure, but this is three injuries in 4 periods. Ouch. 

Pretty much where I'm at. I missed the play entirely. If anyone can post a video or give me the time it happened in game,  I'd like to see it 

But come fucking on. This doesn't happen. I've been defending him about a lot. You just can't get hurt this often. 

And I hate it when people get dies. 

Edited by The Dude

12 hours ago, Keirik said:

This is 100 percent correct. 

I don’t really agree that it had nothing to do with lack of strength. On the play, he was clearly trying to outmuscle the opponent for the puck. He got outmuscled and put in a bad position because of it.

Credit to him for trying to make a play though. Took some balls to go in there with that kind of speed from a disadvantageous position.

8 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

I don’t really agree that it had nothing to do with lack of strength. On the play, he was clearly trying to outmuscle the opponent for the puck. He got outmuscled and put in a bad position because of it.

Credit to him for trying to make a play though. Took some balls to go in there with that kind of speed from a disadvantageous position.

First time i saw the play and here i thought most here would say he gave a great effort, something we are looking for from him. Yet here we are again..some expecting him to be Gretzky after 25 games. 

I wonder how many of you saw Kovalev in the beginning of his career. He was a mess. Turned out ok.

2 minutes ago, Mdk154 said:

First time i saw the play and here i thought most here would say he gave a great effort, something we are looking for from him. Yet here we are again..some expecting him to be Gretzky after 25 games. 

I wonder how many of you saw Kovalev in the beginning of his career. He was a mess. Turned out ok.

You didn’t finish reading my post. I appreciate the effort. I like Kravtsov, but he needs more bulk.

12 minutes ago, Mdk154 said:

You have 21 posts, 20 of them in service of 1 player. What's your angle? There's 22 other Rangers to talk about but you're fixated on one. 

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Nothing to do with bulk. 50/50 puck and caught a rut. You can see his right ankle turn over. The ice was bad all game. 

good catch, he was going to get hit pretty good anyway but his ankle rolling over definitely put him in a terrible position. 

On the other front I'm pretty sure not one of us that have been around here ever expected the guy to be Gretzky, ever.  He's proven so far to be a guy they can not count on when you take into consideration last year but more importantly this YTD.  The circumstances at this point hardly matter, bad luck, wrong place at the wrong time, soft whatever. If he's in the starting lineup they end up playing short handed the majority of that game.

I think the best thing that could happen to him is hitting the reset button which would include missing  time here so he would be eligible for a rehab stint yes in beautiful downtown Hartford.  Otherwise I believe we will continue to see more of the same which hurts the team which is really all of us care about.

• Applause 1

7 hours ago, Mdk154 said:

I wonder how many of you saw Kovalev in the beginning of his career. He was a mess. Turned out .

I for one did.  He had issues but was always obviously one of the most talented players in the sport, which Kravtzov, although a guy with some potential, is not.  I'm thinking about the game early in Kovy's rookie season where he scored a hat trick to win a game in regulation that the Rangers had trailed 5-2 with 8 minutes left.  Kravy isn't going to do anything like that.  Yes, there was Alex's famous 5 minute shift and so forth, but he was a good player, and would have been better had he not had to play under Colin Campbell.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

21 hours ago, josh said:

Panarin isn’t that fast or long. He wouldn’t be in that position. 

in the playoffs, yeah I’d like to see Panarin go after that puck. 

I get that, But it’s not the playoffs. I’m not sure many would sign up for bread to miss 6 weeks to poke a puck during a dump and chase. 

@The Dude you asked for a vid

26 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I get that, But it’s not the playoffs. I’m not sure many would sign up for bread to miss 6 weeks to poke a puck during a dump and chase. 

@The Dude you asked for a vid

Umm do I really want to click on that? It says it's age restricted. You being the master of the typo, could this be a screw up and your posting unreleased police bodycam footage of Paul Pelosi's lover in his underpants with a hammer?  I guess ill check it out. 

Edit- Oooph. That hurt. That's taking anyone out. Sucks.  He was trying to make a play. At this point you have to start thinking he wasn't meant to be here. 

Edited by The Dude
  • LMFAO 2