• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Move Over Kreibanejad, There's a New Bromance in Town!

Phil

42 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Cally was due for a contract. McD because they were rebuilding. Neither apply to Trouba unfortunately.

Hard to see them picking a guy locked in for 4 more seasons as the Capatain if they don’t intend for him to play it out.

It doesnt have to be the same reasons. Trouba could be traded because of the cap and that he’s not worth it. The point is that captains get traded. 

On 11/3/2022 at 2:13 PM, Pete said:

I mean, I love Lindgren, but they have guys to pay, and guys with NMCs, and he's one of the few who don't...And frankly, they can "afford" to lose him.

Lindgren also has some real trade value.

I wouldn't be that surprised to see him go in a deadline deal if the defense is healthy and the Rangers need to clear some cap to make the deal work.

It's not like you want to trade a player like him because he's young and relatively affordable on the cap and also productive.  However the Rangers have Fox and Trouba signed to deals and they are going to want to sign K'Andre Miller to at least a good bridge deal this off-season.  They also have several decent young defensemen behind the big 4.

Lindgren may go just because he clears a bit of cap space and he's affordable for the trade partner and also a valuable asset in the trade.

16 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

he may go, and the odds are it looks like he could baring other moves. I disagree with the part that they can afford to lose him their D blows as it is and he's the best of the bunch on that side of the puck.

The defense is not good as a unit and as a system, it has nothing to do with individual players talent and everything to do with coaching. 

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

The defense is not good as a unit and as a system, it has nothing to do with individual players talent and everything to do with coaching. 

Our D is decent enough to be good under the right coach.  I’d welcome Trotz to push this team over the hump. There’s enough talent 

I fall somewhere in the middle here I don't think Gallant is the sole issue by any means.  Time will tell what I do think is a stretch is the assumption that we have guys ready to step in if Lindgren were to go, you didn't say it Pete someone else did. At the same time someone was saying we need to bring in a vet D man now in the last gdt. 

• 1 month later...