• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #13] Rangers vs Detroit Red Wings — Copp Revenge Game

Morphinity 2.0

This team's top players are soft perimeter players.  When the passing and skating gets gummed up they look disinterested.  This isn't about effort it's about identity.  The most basic thing any player can do is go to the net, put pucks on net.  This roster is filled with guys who act like they will get a STD if they go to the blue paint.  How is it possible this team has no cap room.  That is what's truly disgusting.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

No, and neither has Fox, really. Yeah he's been playing a lot more than everyone, but he's had so much missed coverage and not a ton of great plays with the puck. I don't know. It just seems like night and day from what we saw a season ago.

Just an observation. No fact behind my comment here, but everyone in the top 6 forward group and the top 4 D seem to be taking really long shifts. Kinda like PP1. These guys seem to be out there for over a minute on most shifts. 

Perhaps they are over worked/ over used? I don't know where to look up shift time averages.  I could be wrong, but these guys are always on the ice. PP, PK, Even strength.

Time for a break and to use your role players for most of the PK time. No more 1:30 PP shifts. Use all your D men a bit more equally. It's November. 

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Just an observation. No fact behind my comment here, but everyone in the top 6 forward group and the top 4 D seem to be taking really long shifts. Kinda like PP1. These guys seem to be out there for over a minute on most shifts. 

Perhaps they are over worked/ over used? I don't know where to look up shift time averages.  I could be wrong, but these guys are always on the ice. PP, PK, Even strength.

Time for a break and to use your role players for most of the PK time. No more 1:30 PP shifts. Use all your D men a bit more equally. It's November. 

Yeah, I still want to know what happened with Jones. Gallant said during the post-game that he doesn't run the defense and had no idea what happened with him, didn't think it was physically related. So, you're the head coach and don't know? Your staff purposely made your team short a defenseman for almost half the game? I don't get it.

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Bullseye 1

The thing that gets me about the holding the stick call is that almost all of those could also be called a hook on the "vicitm," especially where the player called for holding the stick is holding it in the crook of his arm.  Well, how did the stick get there, on it's own?

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Oh, shit! He's not wrong. Why was he out there in overtime, though?

Right? I was thinking exactly that at the start of OT. 

Odd he said that though, as in the past he would act like the 4th line wasn't any kind of demotion.  Especially when he would put Lafrenière there. 

1 minute ago, Sod16 said:

The thing that gets me about the holding the stick call is that almost all of those could also be called a hook on the "vicitm," especially where the player called for holding the stick is holding it in the crook of his arm.  Well, how did the stick get there, on it's own?

I thought the same thing. Really shouldn't have been a call either way. However, Rangers didn't really do themselves any favors, and looked as if they didn't really want to be there.

Yeah he got the goal against Philadelphia, but his play tonight didn't really warrant it. I'd like to see Kakko get some more looks in the overtime. He's been a monster on the puck all year. He's had two, "Fuck it, I'll do it myself." goals this season. I'd like to see what he could do in that spot. 

• VINNY! 1
  • Applause 1

Aside from Halak, and to a certain extent Vesey, nobody really came to play. The best period I've seen them play this season (my opinion), was the 2nd period against the Bruins, then they came out and played the 3rd period the way they played today. Disinterested. Unless Gallant can do something to change this, he will be shown the door (it's early, I know). Maybe some of these players need to sit.

The only thing anyone needs to know about this game is that for the game tying goal in the second the guy in front of the net on a 3 on 2 had three whacks at the puck because the entire zibanejad line decided to change when the rush was coming our way.

halak saved two of those three.

When I used to play if you leave your backup out to dry like that you dont play next game. There’s no excuse for that. None. That’s embarrassing peewee hockey bullshit 

• Bullseye 1
  • VINNY! 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

What's going on with Halaks hair?

spacer.png

No wonder he always looks upset.

Same "stylist" as Tibs, Sam and Joe. Gotta go with the guy on the right when you reach the point of no return.

As for the game - keep laying them eggs. Nothing to see here.

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, Valriera said:

The only thing anyone needs to know about this game is that for the game tying goal in the second the guy in front of the net on a 3 on 2 had three whacks at the puck because the entire zibanejad line decided to change when the rush was coming our way.

halak saved two of those three.

When I used to play if you leave your backup out to dry like that you dont play next game. There’s no excuse for that. None. That’s embarrassing peewee hockey bullshit 

I mean between that and allowing a guy to sit on the door step on the 4 on 3 pp causing the GWG; these guys have some pretty heavy accountability to answer for. so freaking inconsistent.

15 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Was at the game. Did Jones get benched or hurt? Didn’t see him during the third period. Thought our best two defensemen were Schneider and Hajek, which sums up the night. 

Yes one of those!  Gallant says he doesn't run the D and he didn't hear anything about him being hurt.  Probably need to ask Murph 🤣

Edited by jsrangers
  • Like 1

So he has no say in which goalie plays, he has no idea what defenders are playing, he has nothing to do with the PP. What is he really doing?

Mika got 0 EV goals after 13 games. Should we start to worry about that? Kakko playing on the 1st line with our supposed star duo and still can't get any help from his line mates. It's getting frustrating. It's basically all Kakko when the 1st line is out there 5v5. Kreids and Mika are more interested in trying to draw a call and get on the PP then they are trying to score a goal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

So he has no say in which goalie plays, he has no idea what defenders are playing, he has nothing to do with the PP. What is he really doing?

Mika got 0 EV goals after 13 games. Should we start to worry about that? Kakko playing on the 1st line with our supposed star duo and still can't get any help from his line mates. It's getting frustrating. It's basically all Kakko when the 1st line is out there 5v5. Kreids and Mika are more interested in trying to draw a call and get on the PP then they are trying to score a goal.

Music to my ears; reading the rest of the post kind of ruins the sentiment for me though. Kakko has been REALLY good this year so far. His skating, strength, positioning. Really happy to see it from this kid. Why did the rest of his line hide when he appeared? Very odd. If Im GG, I'm trying an experiment:

Laf- Zib- Kakko

Bread- Trochek- Gauthier

CK- Chytil- Kravtsov

Anyone with Brodzinski (#1 fan) and Vesey.

Edited by jsm7302
  • Like 1

What ever you think of Brooks, the 5 on 5 numbers discussed herein are horrendous. Gonna be nights the refs don't call many penalties. Looks like the team's entire game is about the PP and nothing else. Way too casual about getting pucks and bodies to the net. 

https://nypost.com/2022/11/06/gerard-gallant-already-against-the-clock-to-find-rangers-identity/

4 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Basically puts the blame on everyone else except him. This shit keeps up, he's not going to make his 3rd season.  

I think the picture we're starting to see is that in the pursuit of getting better five on five scoring opportunities, they have completely abandoned whatever shell of team defense they thought they were implementing last year. 

They are getting their five on five chances, but they are also giving up too many... And again relying on Igor to be .940 is proving to be silly. 

The story for all the defense is the same. Fox, Miller, Schneider are all suffering from the same inability to stay with the opposition cycle. They are all great 1:1 defenders but they blow their in zone assignments left and right. 

Forget asking Murphy about Zac Jones. Ask him what the fuck his plan is. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

3 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Basically puts the blame on everyone else except him. This shit keeps up, he's not going to make his 3rd season.  

While I don't think he makes it through his contract here, I don't think he's blaming anyone. He just doesn't want to answer the question so he says he doesn't know why. Still shows lack of accountability.