• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #14] Rangers vs. New York Islanders — Breaded or Fried?

High and Wide

This team is a mix of bad luck (could have been up 5-1 or 5-2 going into the third, softness, malaise and last season-hangover.

Again, not to draw eyes away from this team but many Ranger-tier teams (one notch under the elites) are struggling around .500. 

Blowing solid leads the last 2 games though is unacceptable. Not even sure it bothers them at this point, sadly. 

1 minute ago, cupalife said:

Gallant has to put on notice right now.  This team is not responding to him at all.  Time to start thinking about cab fare for him

The Rangers started to struggle around when Barry Trotz said he would love to coach an Original Six team. 😆 You may not love his style of hockey, but it's structured and the Rangers now need structure more than ever.

• Keeps it 100 1

5 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I appreciate Gallant not throwing the teams effort under the bus in his presser. No need pouring gasoline on a fire. But I’m gonna just say I disagree with the notion “we deserved the game.”

That’s might somewhat be do to the line changes he made for this game. He couldn’t come out throwing the team effort under the bus without implicating himself as well…

4 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Gallant presser…no bud. We didn’t play well. Stop with the smiling, smirking fuck-face! He ain’t owning shit either. Cash your check you fuck. I don’t like his smiling BS attitude after so many losses. 

He's not good at pressers. Very uncomfortable

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

The Rangers started to struggle around when Barry Trotz said he would love to coach an Original Six team. 😆 You may not love his style of hockey, but it's structured and the Rangers now need structure more than ever.

Why, they haven’t had much of a structure for the last 4 -5 years…

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Who said I don't like his style?  I can't stand Gallant.  Couldn't stand AV either.  Loved Torts.  I want structure.  I want tough love.  I want a coach who makes Mika cut his hair and makes Panarin play 200 feet.  Block shots.  Be hard to play against.  Have pride.  I'm so sick of this pansy ass team.  I can honestly say I don't like most of the players on this team.   This team was so incredibly lucky last season.  I'm done with Gallant.  I'm done with the roster wide pussy this team is built on.  It's time to move players of consequence.  It's time to change the identity, if they actually even have one.  Nobody should be off limits.

• Bullseye 1
  • The Chyt! 1

I think the effort level is the thing concerning me more than anything right now. Zibanejad looks like Covid Zibanejad. Kreider stepped it up a bit tonight but for the most part has not played well. And even tonight, that first Isles goal was on him being out worked for that puck on the rebound. Fox and Panarin are near the top of the elite at their positions. Their problems are that both defer way, way too much. 

The talent is in that locker room. We’ve seen it. But they are definitely in a very bad way here.

Losing Vatrano and Copp hurts. They were big pieces. I’d say Strome too, but Trocheck stepped in and has done well. We haven’t replaced Vatrano and Copps production.

1 minute ago, cupalife said:

Who said I don't like his style?  I can't stand Gallant.  Couldn't stand AV either.  Loved Torts.  I want structure.  I want tough love.  I want a coach who makes Mika cut his hair and makes Panarin play 200 feet.  Block shots.  Be hard to play against.  Have pride.  I'm so sick of this pansy ass team.  I can honestly say I don't like most of the players on this team.   This team was so incredibly lucky last season.  I'm done with Gallant.  I'm done with the roster wide pussy this team is built on.  It's time to move players of consequence.  It's time to change the identity, if they actually even have one.  Nobody should be off limits.

I didn't mean you specifically, I just meant some on here may not be in love with his style. His resume speaks for itself, though.

3 minutes ago, cupalife said:

Really?

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I think the effort level is the thing concerning me more than anything right now. Zibanejad looks like Covid Zibanejad. Kreider stepped it up a bit tonight but for the most part has not played well. And even tonight, that first Isles goal was on him being out worked for that puck on the rebound. Fox and Panarin are near the top of the elite at their positions. Their problems are that both defer way, way too much. 

The talent is in that locker room. We’ve seen it. But they are definitely in a very bad way here.

Losing Vatrano and Copp hurts. They were big pieces. I’d say Strome too, but Trocheck stepped in and has done well. We haven’t replaced Vatrano and Copps production.

You lose Copp and Vatrano's offense and Kreider isn't getting 52 this year. That's a lot of goals gone.

Edited by Sharpshooter

Lindgren went down in the playoffs, and team wide, our defense went to shit while he was out. Not saying it’s a direct correlation, but it’s happening again.

Just get back to basics.

First off, put the Kid Line back together. At this point, why the fuck not? Trying to fit either of them in on either of those 2 lines hasn’t been great. They played their best hockey together. Give that a whirl.

I understand that leaves the Top 6 a bit naked. But you have 4 veteran players who should be able to figure it out a bit more than most of them have thus far. Maybe give Panarin another look with Kravtsov and give Vesey a look with 93&20?

I don’t know at this point.

• VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

For his excuse, there aren’t many players to like after couple of losses in a row against teams, the they should beat, if they want to go somewhere…

I'm disgusted too but it's not like they're full of unlikable players, they aren't playing well now.

Can't be like well I never liked Fox or Miller anyways .

26 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

This has been the polar opposite of last year. You couldn't wait to watch them. Now they're fun to watch for maybe 10 minutes or one period a game. I don't see Gallant sitting the big guns because that's not his style. He's very much a player's coach, to a fault.

Not sure the players are playing for him though