• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #14] Rangers vs. New York Islanders — Breaded or Fried?

High and Wide

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

No heart. None.

Learn from what you just played, because your neighbors just made you their bitch.

Just unacceptable. Something needs to change here. Our stars just don’t give a flying fuck right now. The only time I saw push was once it was 4-3 and we had a goalie pulled.

This teams team defense is just god awful.

Idk man. Panarin was trying hard and so was Trochek. Zib seems like he changed his stick pattern and is still trying to get used to it. 

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

I don't even think the Islanders are that bad, but someone the Rangers should beat more often than not. It's par for the course for these games, with how the Islanders are anyway.

The Rangers, for years, have not respected their rivals. It’s been an issue against this collection of Islanders. They get up for these games; the Rangers give the company line of it just being another game. It’s a joke. Acknowledge the fact that these games, while the points don’t change, have some extra juice and get out there and match their level. We haven’t in quite some time.

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

The Rangers, for years, have not respected their rivals. It’s been an issue against this collection of Islanders. They get up for these games; the Rangers give the company line of it just being another game. It’s a joke. Acknowledge the fact that these games, while the points don’t change, have some extra juice and get out there and match their level. We haven’t in quite some time.

They're having a hard time matching anybody's level

I’m over saying “this is a good spot” for them. Every time you think it is, it isnt.

Oh here comes Columbus, a good remedy for some bad play. Wrong.

Oh here comes Detroit, 3 out of 4 nights. Wrong.

Oh here come the Isles, they’ll make sure we are really locked in.

That team is absolutely screwed in the head right now. They need a jolt. No clue where they’re gonna get it. Could be a move. Could be a blow out win. Could be a fight. I don’t know where it’s gonna come from, but it hopefully comes pretty soon. It’s a long season, but there is a lot of good teams in this division.

3 minutes ago, jamsim1967 said:

They aren't fun to watch. They can play well for 20, and then come out and look like a completely different team. I would start sitting some of these guys, send a message

This has been the polar opposite of last year. You couldn't wait to watch them. Now they're fun to watch for maybe 10 minutes or one period a game. I don't see Gallant sitting the big guns because that's not his style. He's very much a player's coach, to a fault.