• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #15] Rangers @ Detroit Red Wings — Mediocrity in Motor City

Phil

Every year there's a game or two that sets the tone for a great run.  Tonight we looked like we're a team again.  Hopefully this is the game that lights a fire under our ass!!! 

I was really happy with the play of the "GGB line".  That 4th line wreaked some havoc out there, and potted a couple for good measure!

....And here are the Top 15 nominees for Ozzy’s Quote of the GDT, sponsored by Noxema:  Husso needed plenty for his sunburn from that red light behind the net tonight!!! 

5 hours ago, jsrangers said:

The right side depth is less than a curbside puddle.  

4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

They are depressing to watch so the broadcast has a reason to be blue.

4 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Am I the only one who just watched the same commercial 3 times in a row? The little girl who brings the empty suitcase for the grand prize trophy?

I hope she finished fucking dead last.

4 hours ago, siddious said:

Panarins dad looks 30. I need to get me some Russian gas.

3 hours ago, Bugg said:

Trouba's dad looks like he makes collections for a guy named Rocco who has an office in a Sicilian social club. 

3 hours ago, jsrangers said:

I hope 12 is showing enough courtesy to yell "Fore" when he's swinging away.

I really did fall out of my chair with this one, @jsrangers JS

3 hours ago, Keirik said:

Never realized the wings coach looks so much like uncle Fester 

3 hours ago, Keirik said:

Who gives a shit about Brodeur. He fucks his sister. 

2 hours ago, leetchy2 said:

Wow, a multiple score-gasm!!

2 hours ago, josh said:

Just like every ranger, I’m scoring 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Hajek!????

No.

Way.

I came. 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Vesey, Gauth, Hajek... The scrub trifecta 

This is simply EPIC!!!  LOL

2 hours ago, josh said:

Guys are making it tough for ozzy

2 hours ago, josh said:

Gallant bring in hookers before the 3rd? What is this?

1 hour ago, Valriera said:

Kids running around Detroit's zone like they’re toddlers smearing poo on the walls and the wings have to clean it up 

I gotta say, any one of these could win on any given night!  The Rangers may have sucked a Camel dick the last few games, but you guys have been dynamite with the humor!!

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @leetchy2Leetchy2!! 

I think "Score-gasm" perfectly sums up the euphoria of that 3rd period tonight!!  Let's put a stake in the ground and build from here, fellas!!!

Lindgren back....Rangers rout!  Coincidence???  Hmmmmm....

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, josh said:

Gallant bring in hookers before the 3rd? What is this?

No, judging by their enthusiasm, an order was put in to bring in the hookers for the Dads after the game.

I had the sound off most of the game (Sam fatigue).  Did they ever say who the Panarin "Dad" was.  He was raised by his grandparents, and I think his parents and grandparents are all gone.

Before the game, when I saw the 4th line of Goodrow centering Blais and Gauthier, I said this is the first time in ages that we are fielding a fourth line that I can live with.  First fourth line goal in Game 15.  I don't possibly see how they could go back to a 4th line with Carpenter and Reaves (unless they played for GG before...)

• LOL 1

38 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

What the hell happened here?? I fell asleep after the 2nd period. 8-2??? 6 goals in one period?? Gauthier, Hajek and Vesey scored the last 3??

I must still be dreaming because what the fuck.

This is what everyone in my company on the west coast woke up saying Wednesday too

• Phil unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, Pete said:

I mean... He's got a point. 

Except that he had his best game yet,  fought through body contact to get shots on goal and win the puck to help set up goodrows goal.

I get people wanna get on the kid from last year,but time to move on. The team has...he has shown much more grit and comfort last 2 games. At some point people gotta actually see the positives overall and not rip the kid after 1 shift in a game because we can behind our screens. 

1 hour ago, Mdk154 said:

Except that he had his best game yet,  fought through body contact to get shots on goal and win the puck to help set up goodrows goal.

I get people wanna get on the kid from last year,but time to move on. The team has...he has shown much more grit and comfort last 2 games. At some point people gotta actually see the positives overall and not rip the kid after 1 shift in a game because we can behind our screens. 

I'm still intrigued by your ratio of Krav posts to everything else.

Regardless, his comment did age well because Gathier also had one of his best games as a Ranger and is much stronger and faster than Kravtsov. 

Kravtsov proved he can finish the game. He needs to do much more to deserve the amount of praise you heap on him, singularly. 

I'm totally digging that 4th line last night.  Goody between Goat, and Blais looked pretty good!

What's more is that the team showed more poise and patience with the puck, instead of shelling it off right away like it's a ticking grenade.  That 3rd period made me forget about a lot of the bad shit, but there's still lots of work to do with consistency and 5v5 play.  But at least it's a solid step forward.

Now let's take this act to Nashville and continue to build some consistency!

• JIMMY! 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

I'm still intrigued by your ratio of Krav posts to everything else.

Regardless, his comment did age well because Gathier also had one of his best games as a Ranger and is much stronger and faster than Kravtsov. 

Kravtsov proved he can finish the game. He needs to do much more to deserve the amount of praise you heap on him, singularly. 

I actually dont praise him. None of my posts praise him other than being real that people need to give the kid time and stop living in September 2021. I have never said anything about him performing great, other than solid game last night. I just it humorous that people spend time on him so much because they hold grudges as fans. 

And gautier has been around a lot longer. I would expect him to be able to surpass him at this point. Not a good comparison.

Edited by Mdk154
  • Like 1