• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #16] Rangers @ Nashville Predators — Bizarro McDonagh Reunion

Phil

37 minutes ago, Pistol Pete said:

Halak has to go…that first goal was absolutely amateur hour…too much of that from him…has to be disheartening for the team having him back there.  

Full no move. He's not going anywhere.

Hard to blame anyone on this team for this game without looking at the #1 POWERPLAY unit.  Couldn't get it done.  Loss squarely on the guys who are paid to lead this team when it counts. 4 minute Powerplay to even the game and nothing.  Nothing all night.  

• Keeps it 100 1

Weak effort against a struggling team. Nobody skated, nobody (but one guy) went to the net. Everyone played a perimeter game and made the extra pass. 

They got man handled and pushed around. Glad Reaves fought someone with 6 minutes left in the game. Perfect time for that much needed momentum change or message to be sent. 

This off wing one timer from the left side is allllll they do now. It's no longer just the PP. It'd be nice if they had an option to try that from the right side. Ol' gravy pants Kravtsov is going to have to implement that into his game. Looks like they work on that practice. 

Lafrenière is back to doing his pussy ass, curl along the boards upon gaining the zone with the puck and flinging a blind pass. 

Oddly Gauthier gets moved up to the 2nd line and still only gets 11 minutes of icetime.  That "tip in" was in his skates. Kreider flubbed 3 opportunities later in the game. But lets bitch about the one guy that goes to the net and doesn't convert after hardly seeing any icetime.  And fuck him for his own guy blocking another scoring opportunity. Suuuucckks. FOH. 

Fox played 28 minutes. That's unnecessary. He was shot in that last minute. These extended PP shifts need to be controlled more by the coaching staff. Guy is going to be burned out by the Allstar break. 

Gallant being all cunty about the milliseconds being taken off the clock at the end is embarrassing. Dude is always up Zibanejads ass for complaining about non penalty calls and such, and hes out there swinging sticks and continuing on in post game interviews?

Schneider is gaining momentum. He's regaining his form and making some big plays. Hajek was pretty good too. He had to stand up for himself because the guy who demands Shesty to release them, decided to do his job with 6 minutes left in the game. Thank God he's here. 

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 2

PP needs to get back to basics, not a play, which the opposition is primed for, that requires perfect execution and a little luck on top of it.

Schneider is, indeed, gaining momentum.  Miller is not.

If you've been watching hockey long enough, you pretty much expect a frustrating fallow after a game in which everything went in.

I don't like think about what this game would have looked like against a better opponent.

4 hours ago, Pistol Pete said:

Halak has to go…that first goal was absolutely amateur hour…too much of that from him…has to be disheartening for the team having him back there.  

He's got a full NMC, and not to defend Halak but this team has no business being disheartened by anything when they don't score goals and have generally been awful when Halak (and Shesterkin) play lately. 

• Bullseye 1

Did people really blame the goalie when we only scored one goal? I feel for Halak after last night. Gaut missed a sitter, Trocheck literally jumped over the goalie and blocked a puck going in the net. Saros played well and we made scoring chances. Came down to a lack of puck luck and finishing ability. Need to put the puck in the net. Can’t win if you don’t score. 

• Bullseye 1
  • Cheers 1

I’m not necessarily blaming Halak for the loss. It’s definitely on the PP last night. However, starting Halak does not give the Rangers the best chance of winning at the moment and the Rangers need Ws. Rangers need to start to put together a winning streak. Rangers have had 1 2 game winning streak and 1 3 game winning streak. Gotta ride Shesterkin. Last night even though the Rangers scored 1 goal, IMO could have been talking about a Shesterkin shutout or at the very least got the game into OT. Halak wasn’t tested that much.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

I’m not necessarily blaming Halak for the loss. It’s definitely on the PP last night. However, starting Halak does not give the Rangers the best chance of winning at the moment and the Rangers need Ws. Rangers need to start to put together a winning streak. Rangers have had 1 2 game winning streak and 1 3 game winning streak. Gotta ride Shesterkin. Last night even though the Rangers scored 1 goal, IMO could have been talking about a Shesterkin shutout or at the very least got the game into OT. Halak wasn’t tested that much.  

Cuts both ways. Reason the NYR lost was they didn't test Saros practically at all, and not on the PP. Want to pass around the perimeter to set up a Zib blast that is only dangerous to Jummy Vesey's face, fine. But teams have the tape of that. If you don't test goalies and go to the net with pucks and bodies, this isn't gonna work.  Halak was good enough even with a weak 1st goal and can't play Igor 75 games.

NYR have now lost games to 4 teams more interested in Conor Bedard (SJ, CBJ, Det. and now Nash.) than a playoff berth, along with blowing a 2 goal lead to the Isles. That's a lot of points that will be missed in April. 

Edited by Bugg

49 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Agree, and Halak put the team behind the 8 ball early on a bad goal (this is not absolving Lafreniere on getting burnt trying to play defense). The argument that the Rangers need to score more goals to win is a good one and I agree with that too, but I don’t really understand the decision to start Halak for a team that is struggling to string together wins. The Rangers didn’t give up much of anything last night and again a bad goal was let in. It’s the kind of close game that is won 1-0 or in OT with Igor in net last night, even with Igor not being completely “Igor” so far this season. Now the team will be scrambling for a win today, and while probably being a bit worn out from the red eye flight last night.

Edited by rmc51

Rangers (nor Shesty) really faced any adversity last year, so we'll see how they rebound or if they rebound.

Last year everything went in and stayed out so a lot of issues were masked. Now nothing is going in for them and everything is going in for everyone else and we're seeing that even though the final answer was right last year, the formula used to get there was wrong. The game is played at 5v5, you have to score there, you can't solely live on the PP.

They're getting chances, stick with it on offense as their PDO says they've been mostly unlucky, but JFC can they get someone in here to work on defending as a 5 man unit?

• Like 1

Halak kept us in the game even though he wasn't tested that much. I think I heard on the postgame show the Rangers had 18 shots where it completely missed the net. They had chances on the PP throughout the game. We'll see how they rebound tonight at home before starting a west coast trip. This team needs to get a win streak going.

Edited by NYRangers93

12 minutes ago, siddious said:

The missing the net thing is an epidemic for this team this year and I can’t believe we’re not talking about it more. For fucks sake it almost killed Vesey yesterday 

My ears were ringing with the about of times the puck hit the end boards last night. Luckily it was mostly on the other end of the ice from where I was sitting. If it was on my end, I would have been deaf.

At least I did see Chytil’s goal on the end I was sitting on. 

Edited by Blue Heaven

1 hour ago, rmc51 said:

Agree, and Halak put the team behind the 8 ball early on a bad goal (this is not absolving Lafreniere on getting burnt trying to play defense). The argument that the Rangers need to score more goals to win is a good one and I agree with that too, but I don’t really understand the decision to start Halak for a team that is struggling to string together wins. The Rangers didn’t give up much of anything last night and again a bad goal was let in. It’s the kind of close game that is won 1-0 or in OT with Igor in net last night, even with Igor not being completely “Igor” so far this season. Now the team will be scrambling for a win today, and while probably being a bit worn out from the red eye flight last night.

Maybe Igor not being Igor is injuy related? That's most likely why we have seen more Halak than expected. As of now, I don't think Igor is THAT much better than Halak, where it's a necessity that they need to roll Igor out against shitty teams. It's a long season. Let's not push Igor too much. He does have a small history of groin issues (I'd imagine all goalies do). 

45 minutes ago, Pete said:

Rangers (nor Shesty) really faced any adversity last year, so we'll see how they rebound or if they rebound.

Last year everything went in and stayed out so a lot of issues were masked. Now nothing is going in for them and everything is going in for everyone else and we're seeing that even though the final answer was right last year, the formula used to get there was wrong. The game is played at 5v5, you have to score there, you can't solely live on the PP.

They're getting chances, stick with it on offense as their PDO says they've been mostly unlucky, but JFC can they get someone in here to work on defending as a 5 man unit?

Lots of puck luck last season.  I think this is a very accurate take.

I'm going to throw up now  

• LOL 1

32 minutes ago, siddious said:

The missing the net thing is an epidemic for this team this year and I can’t believe we’re not talking about it more. For fucks sake it almost killed Vesey yesterday 

Seemed like a lot of blocked shots too. The Predators stink, but they read our offense easily. I'm surprised more teams don't. It's the same thing over and over from the top 6. 

• Bullseye 2

24 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Maybe Igor not being Igor is injuy related? That's most likely why we have seen more Halak than expected. As of now, I don't think Igor is THAT much better than Halak, where it's a necessity that they need to roll Igor out against shitty teams. It's a long season. Let's not push Igor too much. He does have a small history of groin issues (I'd imagine all goalies do). 

They played Halak last night when we play the Coyotes tonight...

Yeah we lost, but fuck it!!!

This one was over early in this thread....

....As I was browsing for nominees, @Bieser wins in an absolute knee-slapping landslide!

We stop the presses right there!

23 hours ago, Pete said:

If only they weren't paying Panarin so much, they could afford Imodium. 

23 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I knew he didn’t have the stomach for this league. 

17 hours ago, Bieser said:

If you want to discuss Lias Andersson I suggest starting a new thread.

One more time!!!!!

• Cheers 1

This game is on the PP. It was a good showing at even strength, common theme of dominating possession and SOG and still losing. And while they got a lot of 5v5 chances and couldn't find the back of the net, that's easier to swallow than a 4 minute powerplay squandered. If PP showed up Rangers win this game.

• Applause 1

7 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

They played Halak last night when we play the Coyotes tonight...

And? Preds suck too. Worse record than Coyotes, under achieving and ready to fire their coach.

It's a toss up. Probably looking for more effort from the team, against what should be a better team and gets him away from a Garden crowd that is on edge with the team and him. Had he won, it's sort of a pick me up game.  A confidence boost. 

• Drew a Penalty changed the title to [RS #16] Rangers @ Nashville Predators — Bizarro McDonagh Reunion