• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Could Ryan Reaves Be a Victim of Rangers' Cap Crunch?

Phil

23 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Trouba had 11 goals and 39 points last year....Lindgren has 6 goals and 48 points in 200+ career games.

Points is not the sole indicator for a defenseman’s worth, but I did say the two players were equivalent as if they are the same kind of defensemen. They are not. I will revise and say equivalent value.

Lindgren has a role as Fox’s partner. There isn’t the freedom to jump in on offense very frequently for him.

Edited by rmc51

9 hours ago, Phil said:

In no world are Goodrow and Reaves the same player, or even the same role. There's no reason to deal Goodrow simply because you trade Reaves.

They were brought here to play a more rugged and in your face style. Neither are delivering.  Obviously Goodrow brings defensive ability to the table, but where has that gotten this team? It hasn't translated to anything on the ice. It hasn't rubbed off on anyone and Goodrow isn't really being used in any sort of defensive role besides PK. 

I thought the game plan was to use Goodrow to form a line that can be used lto in match ups against some of the better lines in the division.  Or even to counter other teams pests. He's not being used that way and IMO, he's pretty much not effective in any other way.

So, like Reaves, he's not really doing what he was brought in to do and is kind of a cap detriment.  If that's on Gallant, fine. Get Gallant players he WILL use effectively.  

If you're going to say Goodrow was brought in for leadership and know how, well you can keep that. It's not rubbing off on these guys. His intanglbes are severely over rated.