• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #18] Rangers at Seattle Kraken — Sleep Endurance Test # 1

Drew a Penalty

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

It's a dual problem. Poor coaching and poor roster construction. I know those guys you mentioned have been disappointing, but some of the moves Drury has made make you scratch your head. Is this a year where you just have to wait for contracts to be over and make some deals? This is an average team at its best right now.

I’m very concerned about this team's future, both immediate and long term, if Kakko and Lafreniere can’t begin turning into big time scoring threats.

I don’t know what needs to be done. But these kids must start filling the back of the net. It’s absolutely imperative if this team and this organization has any hope.

5 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’m very concerned about this team's future, both immediate and long term, if Kakko and Lafreniere can’t begin turning into big time scoring threats.

I don’t know what needs to be done. But these kids must start filling the back of the net. It’s absolutely imperative if this team and this organization has any hope.

I'm probably more excited about Otthman right now than any of them and he hasn't played an NHL game yet. lol But, yes, very worried. We mentioned the forwards but the development and play on the defensive end has also regressed and been disappointing.

Edit: I don't think Kakko or Lafreniere will ever be big scoring threats. I still think they'll both be good players, just maybe not the type of talent you were hoping for getting two top picks in consecutive years.

Edited by Sharpshooter

34 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

It's a dual problem. Poor coaching and poor roster construction. I know those guys you mentioned have been disappointing, but some of the moves Drury has made make you scratch your head. Is this a year where you just have to wait for contracts to be over and make some deals? This is an average team at its best right now.

Bingo!

You're never as good as you look when you're winning (last season),or as bad as you look when you're loosing (this season).

Net/net, it's an average roster with a few guys who were on heaters last year. Even Miller has regressed exponentially. 

They weren't in a "win now" position but they brought in a win now coach. The problem is this is a bunch of guys who never learned how to score a greasy goal. Quinn tried to teach them, GG can't teach anyone anything, and so here we are. 

They need to move a contract. Not fringe guys. Trading Blais isn't going to shake shit. Trade Kreider. Trade your overpaid, mediocre captain.

Or just accept the reality and call it a development year and play all the young kids more than the vets. 

But honestly I'm tired of GG not giving kids PP or OT time. That's the hallmark of an insecure coach. His entire demeanor screams insecurity. I don't blame him, an Uber home from Seattle sounds expensive and uncomfortable. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

You're never as good as you look when you're winning (last season),or as bad as you look when you're loosing (this season).

Net/net, it's an average roster with a few guys who were on heaters last year. Even Miller has regressed exponentially. 

They weren't in a "win now" position but they brought in a win now coach. The problem is this is a bunch of guys who never learned how to score a greasy goal. Quinn tried to teach them, GG can't teach anyone anything, and so here we are. 

They need to move a contract. Not fringe guys. Trading Blais isn't going to shake shit. Trade Kreider. Trade your overpaid, mediocre captain.

Or just accept the reality and call it a development year and play all the young kids more than the vets. 

But honestly I'm tired of GG not giving kids PP or OT time. That's the hallmark of an insecure coach. His entire demeanor screams insecurity. I don't blame him, an Uber home from Seattle sounds expensive and uncomfortable. 

This is the move to balance the roster and bring in an actual effective scoring RW imo.

That and bring in a coach who treats the players like they need to earn something instead of the rah rah Dad type. 

We need a shake up or we are going to be on a dog fight for a playoff spot come April.

8 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

This is the move to balance the roster and bring in an actual effective scoring RW imo.

That and bring in a coach who treats the players like they need to earn something instead of the rah rah Dad type. 

We need a shake up or we are going to be on a dog fight for a playoff spot come April.

Doesnt Krieds have a no move?  Can we try moving him to RW first and Laffy at his natural position?  I don’t get why they are so quick to move him when he was supposed to be the future, let him grow including PP time and OT.

15 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

That ship has sailed, we will already be in one. In a wild card spot on Thanksgiving is not a super confident place to be. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/new-york-rangers-seattle-kraken-game-recap/c-337587364

"First period was great, second period was awful, and the third period was pretty even," New York coach Gerard Gallant said. "There was some good stuff, but there was some bad stuff in the second period that we got away from what we did in the first period."

Usually I throw away post-game conferences (with the exception of Tortorella, and some of the other wildly entertaining characters).  But let's entertain, briefly, if this is the analysis GG is sharing with players, assistant coaches, and management.

Between periods, what kind of adjustments are being made in strategy?  How are lineup decisions made (who suits up, line combos, which goalie starts)?

By far the most likely explanation is that GG was dumbing things down for the press, and didn't want to provide any details.  But the (conspiracy theory) alternative is this is the feedback players, assistant coaches, and management are getting...alarming.

Tin Foil GIF

1 hour ago, mbob said:

Doesnt Krieds have a no move?  Can we try moving him to RW first and Laffy at his natural position?  I don’t get why they are so quick to move him when he was supposed to be the future, let him grow including PP time and OT.

Only place he would waive in may be Boston. But between contracts and how well they've started, highly unlikely. 

Miller; 18 games, zero goals, 4 assists, -5, always of position, never physical . May be there's a way to package them , that some other team thinks they can make him an offensive force? But again, Kreider, NMD, huge ass contract. 

Looks a lot like the same shit Quinn would talk about every postgame. Don’t understand the lack of urgency to shoot the puck and get bodies in front of the net. Teams have seen this PP on tape; if you want to pass around the perimeter all night looking for the perfect shot, knock yourselves out. But one of those passes is gonna go awry or get defensed. Same thing with cycling; all fine and good to battle on the boards, but the point is getting a shot on net, not cycling. And collectively this team doesn’t appear to get that at all.

And looks like Kakko, Laffy and Chyitl are learning some bad habits; trying to make an exquisite perfect pass setting up some perfect shot instead of simply getting a hard accurate shot on goal and going ifo of the net. 

8 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Only place he would waive in may be Boston. But between contracts and how well they've started, highly unlikely. 

Miller; 18 games, zero goals, 4 assists, -5, always of position, never physical . May be there's a way to package them , that some other team thinks they can make him an offensive force? But again, Kreider, NMD, huge ass contract. 

Looks a lot like the same shit Quinn would talk about every postgame. Don’t understand the lack of urgency to shoot the puck and get bodies in front of the net. Teams have seen this PP on tape; if you want to pass around the perimeter all night looking for the perfect shot, knock yourselves out. But one of those passes is gonna go awry or get defensed. Same thing with cycling; all fine and good to battle on the boards, but the point is getting a shot on net, not cycling. And collectively this team doesn’t appear to get that at all.

And looks like Kakko, Laffy and Chyitl are learning some bad habits; trying to make an exquisite perfect pass setting up some perfect shot instead of simply getting a hard accurate shot on goal and going ifo of the net. 

Mostly disagree on Kreider. His contract is totally manageable and appropriate for his output (term with him is the concern, not AAV) and I also don't believe he would only waive for Boston. You never know what players do when management says they want you out. Triggers all kinds of feelings. 

Edited by Pete

Looks like sicking to our "formula" is working out famously!!!

It's a miracle we even got a point out of this one!  Igor was outrageous, and deserved a way better fate for his efforts.  The Krakers hit four posts, and he had 6 other-worldly saves???  Gimme a break!

........And here are the Top 8 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Lunesta....(Thanks Chief!)  😉

17 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Kravsoft out, pillow marks on his freshly painted fingernails.

16 hours ago, Phil said:

Sam: "Hello, everyone, and welcome to Rangers game night presented by Lunesta..."

@lefty9: Drunk Hangover GIF by Hollyoaks

14 hours ago, rmc51 said:

Treat yourself to the Ozzy quote of the night win tonight my man, you deserve it on this one

I'll accept the giggles, but I'll never take credit over the crew.  LOL

14 hours ago, Pete said:

Like you wouldn't be watching for Gourde with lotion, tissues, a condom, and a strobe light anyway. 

11 hours ago, Keirik said:

Hextall for trivia. Total guess but he was an old old timer 

@ozzy, you were in high school for our inaugural season right? Wanna help out?

When I was in High School, rainbows were still in black and white!  LOL

10 hours ago, mbob said:

Finally watching the game after making my dog puke, he ate Xytol gum which is poisonous. Took a bit but he puked it up. Now my turn to puke watching this defense and turnovers. 

10 hours ago, Keirik said:

Every time I hear Sam say Gourde I get a little flutter in my ticker 

And no I didn't mean pecker. 

8 hours ago, rmc51 said:

Goodrow Vesey Trouba trio in OT. Tell me you don’t want to score without telling me you don’t want to score.

Guys, I'm coming to grips with the fact that it's gonna be "one of THOSE years"!  One thing I can assure you all of;  I will try my best to make it as entertaining as possible with these, and who knows....maybe these fuckin' guys will figure out how to play hockey somewhere along the way. 

….and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @RJWantsTheCup with his accurate description of Krav-soft's latest dilemma.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

We're in the dog fight right now. We're going to be battling for a wild card or 3rd place in the metro, at best. The Devils have won 11 in a row, the Hurricanes are an exponentially better team than the Rangers, and the Islanders who look to be the Rangers of last year. They're 9th in the conference, 15th in the league, by points %. They're a bubble team now. 

• Keeps it 100 1

Is it me, or does Trouba look...."tired".  My god, he's a step-and-a-half behind almost every play, and for fuck sake...please take him off the PP2!!  I'd rather see K' Andre back there.

I think Trouba needs to have a seat for a while until he's 100%.  He's not doing anyone any favors by playing injured right now.  Greatly appreciate the effort, but get healthy and then bring it again!