• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Trip Down Memory Lane

goondman

7 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

Goneau was the next "thing" for about ten minutes.  He scored goals in five straight games in October 1996 and then went off a cliff, eventually being sent to the minors after a goal or two in the next thirty odd games.  

Figures

1 minute ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I think I was thinking of the playoffs, but I could be wrong.  Memory isn't what it use to be.  But didn't he play with Weight & Amonte?

You're right...Amonte and Weight came up for the playoffs in '90.  Rice, I think had the better run that year. 

I was thinking '89....Rice came up in '90.  That was the year Gartner & Ogrodnick went off.

• Cheers 1

Cory Millen and Doug Weight played with Rice, along with Amonte for a couple of games.  Rice looked good enough to go to Edmonton in the Messier trade.

The phrase frequently used to describe Brendl upon his draft was "Bossy or bust."  Well, it sure didn't turn out to be Bossy.

Lundmark was said to be the secret gem of the draft.

Malholtra was said to be the surefire future captain.  Even was put on Gretzky's line for a time.

Larry Brooks and I are probably the only ones around who remember when Jack Egers was the thing.

5 hours ago, Sod16 said:

Cory Millen and Doug Weight played with Rice, along with Amonte for a couple of games.  Rice looked good enough to go to Edmonton in the Messier trade.

The phrase frequently used to describe Brendl upon his draft was "Bossy or bust."  Well, it sure didn't turn out to be Bossy.

Lundmark was said to be the secret gem of the draft.

Malholtra was said to be the surefire future captain.  Even was put on Gretzky's line for a time.

Larry Brooks and I are probably the only ones around who remember when Jack Egers was the thing.

Egers...sure, I remember!!  Fucking guy became a stud as soon as we traded him away to I think either Toronto or St. Louis...I forget which team though.