• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #27] Rangers vs St. Louis Blues — Fat Lady, on Deck!

Phil

1 minute ago, Pistol Pete said:

Let’s not get all giddy…he was the last guy leaving the zone and lagging behind…if not for the turnover, he would have been trailing the play by 20 feet coming back…let’s call that a lucky goal…

I guess I should've used the sarcasm filter... 😒

1 minute ago, Drew a Penalty said:

The Rangers aren’t any better. Binnington is just the worst goaltender the Rangers have faced. Expect more of the same shit.

Giving up four goals to the rather bad Blues just shows how good the Rangers defense is…

1 minute ago, Drew a Penalty said:

The Rangers aren’t any better. Binnington is just the worst goaltender the Rangers have faced. Expect more of the same shit.

Yup.  I'd feel better if it was the Rangers unrelenting will that led to the win.  In reality it was bad goaltending and an awful unforced turnover that changed the game.  Kudos to the Rangers for not handing it back though, although if their was a fourth period they probably would have.  Good on Kakko and Laf for coming up big.  

• VINNY! 1

Just now, Cr00zng said:

Giving up four goals to the rather bad Blues just shows how good the Rangers defense is…

Yep. The Blues were luckily as porous and Binnington more so. 

Now watch as they get dismantled by actual teams over the next week. I really hope tonight didn’t buy too much goodwill and that they don’t dismiss the upcoming week based on competition.

Regardless of opposition, they needed that. They needed pucks to go in, even if it was shoddy goaltending. They come back in the third, and they're feeling better about themselves at least.

I thought maybe St. Louis would pull Binnington after the Miller goal. That was terrible.

Edited by Sharpshooter

8 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Now watch as they get dismantled by actual teams over the next week. I really hope tonight didn’t buy too much goodwill and that they don’t dismiss the upcoming week based on competition.

Maybe Vegas will go easy on Gallant and the Rangers for old times sake…. Nah…. 😂

11 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Indeed. Great comeback, but there are still a lot of problems. They were basically traffic cones in the second period. They play more the way they did in the third, then yes.

Just now, rmc51 said:

I haven't felt this indifferent about a win in a while. Last year I would have said "eh, who cares, two points is two points". Now all I see is a team that lucked their way to two points and I still have no positive expectations for the next game.

Yea, I get it. They need to show some consistency for me to get overly optimistic however this could be a step in the right direction.

12 minutes ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

Won't believe it until I see it, but this has the raw material for a turning point. Now just don't piss it away.

I was at the game... Didn't feel that way. Was like watching 2 mite teams with NHL level skills. It was gross. 

• LOL 1
  • Cheers 1
  • VINNY! 1

9 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

I recall a regular burger being 19 cents in early ‘60s. 

In the 90s, they were down to that for hamburgers. 

maybe it was just in my town when BK showed up.

it was right around the time they had the  beanie babies in the happy meals