• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #27] Rangers vs St. Louis Blues — Fat Lady, on Deck!

Phil

35 minutes ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

Won't believe it until I see it, but this has the raw material for a turning point. Now just don't piss it away.

Eh, I'm not so sure. Not against the Blues, it isn't. Binnington looked like Swiss cheese.

I'm sure this helped alleviate some of the doom they've been feeling, but I want to see them do this against Vegas and/or Colorado before I'm ready to declare a season saving moment.

Really the only reason why they won this game was because Binnington is bad at the moment.  The defensive zone coverages were horrible pretty much the whole game.  Even their offensive zone chances weren't that great.  The shot by Miller is stopped by 8 year-olds.  We also had another 10+ minute stretch in this game without mustering a shot on goal.  I hate being doom and gloom with this team, and I know they just won, but I'm not left with too many positive feelings after.  

I was happy to see Kakko and Laf playing with Zib though.  Wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

Really the only reason why they won this game was because Binnington is bad at the moment.  The defensive zone coverages were horrible pretty much the whole game.  Even their offensive zone chances weren't that great.  The shot by Miller is stopped by 8 year-olds.  We also had another 10+ minute stretch in this game without mustering a shot on goal.  I hate being doom and gloom with this team, and I know they just won, but I'm not left with too many positive feelings after.  

I was happy to see Kakko and Laf playing with Zib though.  Wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

Same. You all have letters. Do your job. Lead. 

5 hours ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

Won't believe it until I see it, but this has the raw material for a turning point. Now just don't piss it aw

4 hours ago, josh said:

In the 90s, they were down to that for hamburgers. 

maybe it was just in my town when BK showed up.

it was right around the time they had the  beanie babies in the happy meals 

I think they were called hornbaggers and cheesebaggers then 😉

9 hours ago, Phil said:

Eh, I'm not so sure. Not against the Blues, it isn't. Binnington looked like Swiss cheese.

I'm sure this helped alleviate some of the doom they've been feeling, but I want to see them do this against Vegas and/or Colorado before I'm ready to declare a season saving moment.

Will before skill. We got through last season on a lot of the former, with the latter really not settling before February. They were behind and able to both rally and shut them down in the 3rd. That's will that has been sorely lacking. So it could be a start - or they could be so lost that it was an accident. We'll see. Just saying the raw material is there.

• Like 1
  • Believe 1

Positives, Rangers finally got bounces that went into the net, and took advantage of the shitty goalie.  Was hoping he was going to go nuts at some point.  Kreider should have crashed the goalie and see what happened.  

Negatives, Defense was still leaky

@PeteWhere were you sitting?  I can picture you sitting in the expensive seats hobnobbing with the celebs, and giving your 2 cents about why the Rangers suck and everything is an aberration.  FYI, I do agree that last night it was like watching 2 mites play each other, we got a full 60 minutes of kids hockey rather than the 8 minutes of the junior rangers during an intermission.  I was there too, first game I couldnt get rid of this season.  

• LOL 1

So that's what really bad goaltending looks like, eh??  Good grief, Binnington was just downright terrible!!! 

A "W" for the boys, and we needed it bad.  It's not getting any easier from here though, as we set out on the road to play some tough opponents!!

.......And here are the Top 10 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Lite beer from Miller....The official sponsor of Bar Room Brotherhood nights!!

15 hours ago, Kevin said:

The only reason we win this game is because I have the Blues goaltenders in fantasy.  I've been about as big as a mush as the original Mush himself

13 hours ago, Kevin said:

Hitting Blais with a pass would have the same result as hitting me with a pass.

12 hours ago, Sod16 said:

LaF's below the goal line penalties are compensating for the absence this year of offensive zone stick fouls by Strome.

Got to admire the effort both teams are putting into not winning this game.

11 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Rangers blow: check

11 hours ago, rmc51 said:

Drury must have the patience of a saint to not can Gallant after seeing this mess, and a picture of James Dolan choking on a shlong to have enough pull to exhibit said patience.

11 hours ago, jsrangers said:

I think any decent system starts with heart, balls, spine, brains and coaching, we're 0 for 5.

11 hours ago, jsrangers said:

Just google blind squirrel finds a nut, it's there.

Actually turn your tv off first.

11 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

LAF - Dunkin’ Player of the Game. LOL!

10 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Igor scores here.

We proceed to go 45-5-3 rest of way.

Win Cup.

Mark it down. 

But do it with a pencil. With a good eraser.

10 hours ago, Pete said:

I was at the game... Didn't feel that way. Was like watching 2 mite teams with NHL level skills. It was gross.

...and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to the Big guy @4EverRangerFrank!!!  

I looked at @RJWantsTheCup when they posted the "Dunkin' Player of The Game" on the screen and almost spit my beer through my nose!!! 

The world is short on beer this morning, as the BarRoom Brotherhood finally got off the schneid 
bringing home a victory!!!

We now hit the road and try to turn this baby around!!!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Positives, Rangers finally got bounces that went into the net, and took advantage of the shitty goalie.  Was hoping he was going to go nuts at some point.  Kreider should have crashed the goalie and see what happened.  

Negatives, Defense was still leaky

@PeteWhere were you sitting?  I can picture you sitting in the expensive seats hobnobbing with the celebs, and giving your 2 cents about why the Rangers suck and everything is an aberration.  FYI, I do agree that last night it was like watching 2 mites play each other, we got a full 60 minutes of kids hockey rather than the 8 minutes of the junior rangers during an intermission.  I was there too, first game I couldnt get rid of this season.  

LOL nah I was in reasonable seats. 103, Row 13 or so? 

• Phil unpinned this topic
35 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

I was there too. 3 rows back. I think I saw you. Were you the one whose skinny jeans split while bending over to mop up your spilt beer? My row got a kick out of the South Park Cartman briefs

I'm sure they did, you you tell them I was wearing yours because I stayed over and didn't have a change?

You're a good partner. 🫶🏼

• LMFAO 1

Not trusting Gallant at all to make necessary adjustments to the defensive system so I think turning point of season will be when he gets the boot which I think will come if the Rangers are this inconsistent and defensively ine

16 hours ago, Phil said:

pt 

3 hours ago, CSNY1 said:

Not trusting Gallant at all to make necessary adjustments to the defensive system so I think turning point of season will be when he gets the boot which I think will come if the Rangers are this inconsistent and defensively ine

pt 

I might be way off here and if I am, please be gentle...

Is it possible that Quinn had some defensive system in place, that started to wear off by the end of the last season and playoff? Mainly due to the fact that the current coaching staff has nothing to replace it with.

Just a guess...

1 hour ago, Cr00zng said:

I might be way off here and if I am, please be gentle...

Is it possible that Quinn had some defensive system in place, that started to wear off by the end of the last season and playoff? Mainly due to the fact that the current coaching staff has nothing to replace it with.

Just a guess...

Not Quinn in particular but Jacques Martin, the assistant coach who replaced Ruff. The Rangers had slightly more structure during his brief tenure. Why they ever lumped him in with the rest of Quinn's staff during firings is beyond me.

• Keeps it 100 1

38 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Not Quinn in particular but Jacques Martin, the assistant coach who replaced Ruff. The Rangers had slightly more structure during his brief tenure. Why they ever lumped him in with the rest of Quinn's staff during firings is beyond me.

Cause HC’s and GM’s want their own guys.

15 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Thx...

It's interesting to look at the background of the current assistant coaches and their relation to the HC. They share lot of history together, where Gallant didn't last long and presumably, neither did his assistant coaches. One would say, he learned by now and brings in someone new on occasions.

I missed Ruff, although he didn't look good during the first two years at the Devils. He added Andrew Brunette this year to his staff and after a slow start, they took off. Makes you wonder, if this is due to a joint effort by Ruff/Brunette, or mainly the latter one...