• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #30] Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils — Hell Is Empty and All the Devils Are Coming Here

Phil

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Big fucking win. Big. Wasn’t a masterpiece. But they were able to come back after a horrible start. Obviously the penalty shot was the turning point. Hughes scores there and the game is probably over. But good work by the power play and then the Kids to capitalize fast.

Listen, we’ve had our struggles and we have a ways to go to get back to top form. But no one is running away with anything. We’re right in the middle of all of this.

It just takes a few wins to get back into it. Washington is doing it and now we are. It's a fight.

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

It just takes a few wins to get back into it. Washington is doing it and now we are. It's a fight.

Kuemper just got put on IR though, let's see if it derails them. Hopefully no similar fate for the Rangers, we really need this team to go on a big roll right now.

1 minute ago, Karan said:

Kuemper just got put on IR though, let's see if it derails them. Hopefully no similar fate for the Rangers, we really need this team to go on a big roll right now.

Yes. They do need to be better defensively but you get the sense they and Shesterkin are getting out of their malaise.

Just now, Cr00zng said:

With three days rest, they should be a OK…

I don't think rest/fatigue is going to be a factor, Rangers have had a pretty reasonable schedule this month. Key against the Leafs will be all mental, sticking to the gameplan and coming out ready to execute, cause they've been scoring in bunches and could put the game away quickly if the Rangers aren't ready right from puck drop.

Just now, Karan said:

I don't think rest/fatigue is going to be a factor, Rangers have had a pretty reasonable schedule this month. Key against the Leafs will be all mental, sticking to the gameplan and coming out ready to execute, cause they've been scoring in bunches and could put the game away quickly if the Rangers aren't ready right from puck drop.

Staying out of the penalty box will go a long way to winning that game.  

• VINNY! 1

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Absolutely.

The Metro is just a mosh pit of teams all within like a point or 2.

And again, call me crazy, but I do not think New Jersey will be at the top of the division come spring time. I just don’t. Don’t get me wrong, very impressive young team with loads of speed and talent. But I’m not sure they’re all the way ready yet. Could be wrong, but we’ll see. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Absolutely.

The Metro is just a mosh pit of teams all within like a point or 2.

And again, call me crazy, but I do not think New Jersey will be at the top of the division come spring time. I just don’t. Don’t get me wrong, very impressive young team with loads of speed and talent. But I’m not sure they’re all the way ready yet. Could be wrong, but we’ll see. 

They still might if only because they got off to an insane start, despite them eventually falling off a bit.

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

They still might if only because they got off to an insane start, despite them eventually falling off a bit.

Yeah I think they have a good shot to firstly because of their big lead, but mostly cause the rest of the division is so evenly matched, that teams will be taking points off each other all season long, making it hard to gain any separation.