• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #30] Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils — Hell Is Empty and All the Devils Are Coming Here

Phil

Sure feels like last year's team again, and I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Glad to win here I just think they could look so much better doing it. Defense is still atrocious, no system. But if they're winning I don't think the changes that are needed to take the next step will come.

13 hours ago, josh said:

Sounds like @Blue Heavensold his tic to devils fans. They’re loud 

😈

Maybe/Maybe not....I do know the person that did buy my tixs lives in Point Pleasant so a good chance, but she did win a D-3 Hockey National Championship at Plattsburgh State in 2014 so that makes it ok in my book.  And if I did sell to a Devils fan, she then got a heartbreaking OT loss.  

As for me, I caught the last 30 seconds of the 3rd and OT.  Pleasantly surprised after I checked the score after 5:00 in the 1st period.  

It's great to see our "Formula" is working!!!

Gotta hand it to Shesty for keeping them in the game.  That penalty shot save was a game saver!

....And here are the Top "Baker's Dozen" nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”:

13 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Feels like they've already lost and there's 54 minutes to go.

13 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Can we petition the NHL to play only road games?

13 hours ago, Bugg said:

Bakeries don't have this many turnovers. 

Almost half a period, no NYR shots. 

13 hours ago, josh said:

they look like a Pete vs Dude off season argument

13 hours ago, Keirik said:

Just in. How we look? What’s Trouba wearing? 

13 hours ago, mbob said:

unfortunately a Ranger uniform. 

12 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

I like baby Trouba more than Trouba by a lot. There I said it

12 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

My balls hurt seeing Shesty stretch for that save. 

11 hours ago, Keirik said:

He’s been the announcer since 1853 

11 hours ago, Keirik said:

Trouba looks like an aircraft carrier trying to do slaloms.

11 hours ago, rmc51 said:

Chytil you sexy mutha fucka

11 hours ago, siddious said:

The weird is now 4-0 in the last 4. 

10 hours ago, Karan said:

@Keirik's still packing more heat. 

10 hours ago, Valriera said:

Vally was crushed under the weight of his own intelligence 

....and our winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to The Big Man @Keirik!! 

Chytil-Mania running wild at MSG!!!  I admit, I peed a little when I saw it go in!!  We have to figure out what the hell we can do with Trouba.  I love the fact the guy cares, but Jesus, he's got 2 right hands and 3 left feet out there.

A big win tonight, but we still have some work to do to clean up our game!! 

Next up: The Leafs!

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1

• Phil unpinned this topic
On 12/14/2022 at 8:45 AM, Cash or Czech said:

That offense stepping up and converting their chances. Said in another thread that's where we'd fallen behind. 4/7 is pretty fantastic conversion.

At the expense of defense, and Igor bailing them out. Nothing different from last season.

Not a winning formula long term. 

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

At the expense of defense, and Igor bailing them out. Nothing different from last season.

Not a winning formula long term. 

You know, I doubted you last year when you pointed this out, and you were right.  Eventually some of those high danger chances and bad turnovers end up in our own net.  Neither Igor or Jesus, for that matter could stop some of those shots. 

Playoff teams, and especially serious cup contenders are going to exploit our defensive lapses, and take advantage of them. 

It's going to be another wild, and possibly a very short ride in the playoffs if we can't get some stability in our defensive structure between now and then.  Think about it though; how awesome would Igor be if he actually had a solid defending team?? 

42 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

You know, I doubted you last year when you pointed this out, and you were right.  Eventually some of those high danger chances and bad turnovers end up in our own net.  Neither Igor or Jesus, for that matter could stop some of those shots. 

Playoff teams, and especially serious cup contenders are going to exploit our defensive lapses, and take advantage of them. 

It's going to be another wild, and possibly a very short ride in the playoffs if we can't get some stability in our defensive structure between now and then.  Think about it though; how awesome would Igor be if he actually had a solid defending team?? 

It's eventually why the lost to TB. Couldn't score 5v5, PPs dried up, they couldn't overcome it. It was pointed out all year long.

Edited by Pete
  • VINNY! 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

It's eventually why the lost to TB. Couldn't score 5v5, PPs dried up, they couldn't overcome it. It was pointed out all year long.

Same shit, new season...yup, I see it happening yet again.  We're winning IN SPITE of our shitty defensive structure.  Add in how many times we turn the puck over at our own blue line, or get picked in the NZ just to feed the opposition's transition game, and we have a recipe for disaster without the help of our resident brick wall between the pipes.

Here's one to ponder:  What would our record be if Halak was our starter...or any goalie not named Igor.  Scary right?

30 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Same shit, new season...yup, I see it happening yet again.  We're winning IN SPITE of our shitty defensive structure.  Add in how many times we turn the puck over at our own blue line, or get picked in the NZ just to feed the opposition's transition game, and we have a recipe for disaster without the help of our resident brick wall between the pipes.

Here's one to ponder:  What would our record be if Halak was our starter...or any goalie not named Igor.  Scary right?

We saw it. For a lot of the season Igor was league average. He looks like he's rounding back into top of league status, but it was ugly.