• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #33] Rangers @ Chicago Blackhawks — Yo Kaner U up?

Phil

58 minutes ago, Pistol Pete said:

LOL…the announcers are going on about how well Trouba has played over the last 10 games..not sure which Trouba they are talking about.  Does he have a brother?

No but he has a temper and that's good enough for me

• Like 1

As BTO put it so eloquently:  "Just takin' care of business"! 
7 in a row is feeling pretty damn good!!!

...And here are the Top 5 nominees for Ozzy’s Quote of the GDT:

3 hours ago, Keirik said:

We’re giving as much half ass effort as Emily Kaplan has styling her hair 

3 hours ago, josh said:

You know your 4”s 

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

Strange take for PK to keep his jacket on for the intermission considering he routinely got undressed the last 5 years of his career 

1 hour ago, jsrangers said:

Come on give it to Brodzinski's asscheek!

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Lookin' like a Halak doppelgänger

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to the big man, Keirik!!! @Keirik

Do I hear 8 in a row on Tuesday???

We can do this!!!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 2
  • The Chyt! 1

2 hours ago, Phil said:

This happens to Chytil every year, and always right on the cusp of his breaking out. There's no way in hell he isn't concussed. Again.

He didn't look LaFontaine Dazed on the way out, but he sure didn't look good.  Yes, it seems to happen every time he starts clicking.  Damn.  He was in a state where every time he got near the puck you anticipated that something good was going to happen. 

We can only hope this doesn't continue.  There was a point where MZ's career seemed in jeopardy due to concussion susceptibility, but he's been fine for a few years now, knock on wood.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Hopefully it’s more precautionary than anything. I only saw the hit in a full speed replay, so I couldn’t tell all the way. 

Did he hit his head on the boards or just his back? Did he take a hit to the head?

As I said, I couldn’t tell from the replay I saw .

Many concussions aren't from hitting your head, they're from whiplash. Brain just jiggling around inside the skull.

Edited by Pete

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Many concussions aren't from hitting your head, they're from whiplash. Brain just jiggling around inside the skull.

I totally get that. Just as I said, only saw one full-speed replay of the hit, and it was from a distant shot. No slo-mo. No multiple angles. Nothing. 
So I don’t have the best sense of what happened.

Hopefully it isn’t serious. 

6 hours ago, Pete said:

Yep. I've had two concussions. One was from head contact and the other from whiplash. The whiplash concussion took me months to recover from —  I could barely read for months without letters swirling after staring too long. My neck still isn't 100% despite no clear damage that can be addressed.

Just now, Drew a Penalty said:

Yep. I've had two concussions. One was from head contact and the other from whiplash. The whiplash concussion took me months to recover from —  I could barely read for months without letters swirling after staring too long. My neck still isn't 100% despite no clear damage that can be addressed.

Well this certainly explains so much.

2 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Well this certainly explains so much.

@Keirik have you ever been concussed?  Asking for a friend...

• LMFAO 2