• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #34] Rangers @ Pittsburgh Penguins — All Aboard the Trouba Train

Phil

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, rmc51 said:

“missed”

It wasn’t missed. Ref was right there staring, saw an obvious penalty, and actively chose not to call it.

Yup. Would love to know what the ref actually "saw" there to justify his non-call. It's too bad officials can't be held publicly accountable in post-game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Wes McCauley should stick more to trying to be a comedian than being an official. Just fucking humiliating on his part there.

Dude has great sound bites but has been mediocre this season as an official. Meaning, I’ve actually noticed it and I don’t go out of my way to know who’s officiating games. 

Not a 60 minute effort and should have had more to show for a dominant first 30 minutes.

But it's fair to note appeared Wes Mccauley and co. stashed the whistles the last 10 minutes and allowed Pens to do what ever they wanted. Been that way with the Pens forever and was so last spring too. Cindy can slash anyone with impunity. Zib was taken down going to the net; clearly negated a scoring chance with a rulebook trip/slash. But Blais (what ever his deficiencies) basically keeps a scrum away from the play going, 2 minutes. 

1 goal loss, hard fought game, off a burner, not the end of the world. Get after the Isles Thursday. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

The Rangers are definitely not immune from blame on this one, but huge assists from the NHL help Pittsburgh take this one.

It's the usual complaint about officiating in Pittsburgh from around the league, not unexpected at all. 

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Can we not get embarrassed by the Islanders yet again next game, please? At home!

Based on the streak and how the team only came up short by a goal despite all the missed opportunities and garbage officiating, they ought to be more than ready to take it to the Piles.

Just now, Karan said:

Based on the streak and how the team only came up short by a goal despite all the missed opportunities and garbage officiating, they ought to be more than ready to take it to the Piles.

Agreed, but the Islanders are a pain in the ass and have given them fits for years. It's been a bad matchup. I still like how they look overall, so we shall see. They need to start winning more at home.

Feel like they didn't get as many shots from the defensemen as they have been during this win streak, and passed up on some good shots. Feel like it was a bit of a regression offensively that I hope they recognize and get back to what was working next game. That's not to say they didn't get a lot of good chances outside of the two they scored on, I just don't want to see what didn't work earlier in the season.

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Agreed, but the Islanders are a pain in the ass and have given them fits for years. It's been a bad matchup. I still like how they look overall, so we shall see. They need to start winning more at home.

Have to give the edge to the Isles defensively and even in goal, so Rangers are gonna need to be much more opportunistic with their scoring chances than tonight. I definitely don't expect them to get blown out or embarrassed however. Not with the current run of form.