• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Reminder on Sexual Content

Phil

Per the Guidelines:

Defined as any post, message, image, or content published in our community that can be considered sexual in nature. This includes—and I quote from Google—“images or video content containing lewd or provocative poses, or close-ups of breasts, butts, or crotches.”

Source:
https://support.google.com/adsense/forum/AAAAKDuOfxQavoAIoeOVNE/?hl=en&gpf=%23!topic%2Fadsense%2FavoAIoeOVNE

I've had half a dozen posts in the last two weeks get flagged by AdSense, none of which are images or video, but posts. Nothing but words. It's important to rememember that AdSense doesn't just scan for images and video, but basically reads what you say. Please cool it with the sexually descriptive language.

I'm just hiding/removing these posts for now, but if it keeps up with the same users repeatedly violating these terms, I'll start issuing formal Warnings.

Thanks

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Personally, if it was anything I posted I would prefer to be told about it before I get formal warnings for stuff that I had no idea was out of line.  Not implying that you aren't already doing that to the offenders.  Just putting it out there because I know I am not an angel with some things I post lol.

That's fair. We actually have a new feature enabled that allows us to notify users of corrective changes like this, when we hide posts, or delete them, so I'll likely just use that feature any time there's an issue. That's actually a good suggestion.

To be clear, it's the descriptive stuff that gets tagged, not just cursing. You curse all you like, but the phrasing really matters. I'm self-censoring just to not trigger AdSense, but consider this an example of what's cool versus what isn't:

OK: "Oh, f- this."

Not OK: "F- my a- with a studded d-."

• Thanks 1
  • LMFAO 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2023 at 2:46 PM, Phil said:

That's fair. We actually have a new feature enabled that allows us to notify users of corrective changes like this, when we hide posts, or delete them, so I'll likely just use that feature any time there's an issue. That's actually a good suggestion.

To be clear, it's the descriptive stuff that gets tagged, not just cursing. You curse all you like, but the phrasing really matters. I'm self-censoring just to not trigger AdSense, but consider this an example of what's cool versus what isn't:

OK: "Oh, f- this."

Not OK: "F- my a- with a studded d-."

store update GIF