• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #50] Rangers vs Calgary Flames — Back to the Grind

High and Wide

Just now, SaveByRichter35 said:

And he is allowed to do that per NHL rules.  Hence it was called a goal.  Again, you clearly don't understand the rule.

That's just it, I do understand the rule. Hence, why I believe it should not have counted. I've seen goals like that disallowed, and it didn't take them 5 minutes to make a decision.

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, BrooksBurner said:

So what if I said folks were being homers. Grow some thicker skin my dude. It’s not that serious

Okay, here’s the deal I don’t need to grow anything. It’s pretty simple. You can discuss the point without discussing the user. It’s not really that difficult. We all are Rangers fans. 

• Bullseye 1

3 minutes ago, Keirik said:

And it was a distinct kicking motion in my opinion. It doesn’t have to be a grandiose wind up field goal kick. It just has to be a kick forward. He’s stopping and turning his skate but as the puck gets there, I think he kicks. 

In your opinion.  Not in the eye of the new rule.  He didn't kick it.  You have to make a literal kicking motion now for the play to be called back.  I am not watching the game with sound, did they not discuss this????  You guys are all stuck on the old rule.  You are allowed to use your foot to redirect the puck into the net now.  Just as this kid in that play.  He didn't kick it.  He turned his foot.  His body was moving forward but he didn't distinctly kick it.  That is the rule.

Just now, SaveByRichter35 said:

In your opinion.  Not in the eye of the new rule.  He didn't kick it.  You have to make a literal kicking motion now for the play to be called back.  I am not watching the game with sound, did they not discuss this????  You guys are all stuck on the old rule.  You are allowed to use your foot to redirect the puck into the net now.  Just as this kid in that play.  He didn't kick it.  He turned his foot.  His body was moving forward but he didn't distinctly kick it.  That is the rule.

Yup. They did discuss this in the broadcast. Said they thought it was a clear kick.

• Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, jamsim1967 said:

That's just it, I do understand the rule. Hence, why I believe it should not have counted. I've seen goals like that disallowed, and it didn't take them 5 minutes to make a decision.

THE FUCKING RULE CHANGED TWO SEASONS AGO TO ALLOW THIS EXACT PLAY TO COUNT.  THE WORLD ISN'T OUT TO GET THE RANGERS LIKE WE ALL THINK IT IS.

1 minute ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

THE FUCKING RULE CHANGED TWO SEASONS AGO TO ALLOW THIS EXACT PLAY TO COUNT.  THE WORLD ISN'T OUT TO GET THE RANGERS LIKE WE ALL THINK IT IS.

Keep your voice down.

I never said the league was out to get the Rangers, just have a different opinion than you. And by the way, your opinion is wrong.

• Keeps it 100 1