• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #50] Rangers vs Calgary Flames — Back to the Grind

High and Wide

7 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

No point for OT loss. It seems simpler than that. 2 points for reg win, 1 point for OT win. 3 on 3 for ten minutes, then shootout. Shootout would be null and void at that point.

I be would actually do away with 3 on 3. Cause it doesn’t actually exist at any other time.

4 on 4 still gives you plenty of excitement and open ice for an OT period, especially if you go to 10 minutes, and 4 on 4 can actually occur in a game at any time of year.

• Bullseye 2

5 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

No, that's ridiculous. What is this, basketball?

The answer is really simple, you do the shootout before the OT period is played, the team who loses the shootout gets no points unless they win the game. The team who loses the shootout will undoubtedly take chances and the game will be more wide open in OT. 

Forget three on three or four on four. 

11 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

No point for OT loss. It seems simpler than that. 2 points for reg win, 1 point for OT win. 3 on 3 for ten minutes, then shootout. Shootout would be null and void at that point.

That's probably the next best thing to getting rid of shootouts altogether, something I think needs to happen anyway.

10 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

How about no OT, or shootout during the regular season; game ends in a tie and each team gets one point. During the playoffs, there's OT just like now; play until one team scores....

2 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

How about no OT, or shootout during the regular season; game ends in a tie and each team gets one point. During the playoffs, there's OT just like now; play until one team scores....

You beat me to it by 1 minute, Cr00Z!!  LOL

Halak has been downright....Good!!  He made some sick saves the last few games he started and he looks very solid.  I'm not even going to blame him for Stone's goal.

That was a fucking SCUD missile, and I really think Mangiapani got a little piece of that in front.

Yeah, that was the worst goal he gave up last night and it wasn't that bad as you said. He gave up four but made plenty of solid saves. I think it took him awhile to warm up and get into a groove a bit and he didn't get a ton of help early in the season either. It was probably his worst start in awhile and they gave him some goal support this time. He's still finding ways to kill it at age 37.

1 minute ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

Laf's horrendous skating on full display multiple times last night, but especially on the GWG sequence. Guy needs an entire summer of skating lessons, starting with Learn-to-Skate at the local rink. 

I think he needs a full off-season of "I gotta get my shit together".  I love the kid and I see the promise now...he needs to get in shape and work on his game!  He'll be a good one!

2 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Fox had one of his worst shifts I’ve ever seen last night. He wanted a penalty, complained to refs, got way out of position, lackidaisically skated back to d-zone while CGY was on the rush. Think there was a SOG, but I don’t remember. 

His mind was still in Florida, apparently.

• Bullseye 1

5 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Fox had one of his worst shifts I’ve ever seen last night. He wanted a penalty, complained to refs, got way out of position, lackidaisically skated back to d-zone while CGY was on the rush. Think there was a SOG, but I don’t remember. 

He was daydreaming about his days as a Calgary Flame.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, phillyb said:

We should trade him at the deadline 

• LMFAO 1

21 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Halak turned a 1-6-1 start, and talks of wanting him to retire, to 7-6-1 now. Huge rebound and just what they needed to at least give us a little more faith when Shesterkin isn't in goal.

Halak flipped that during his last seven games for a  6-1-0 record during that time. Shesty on the other hand had a 3-2-2 record during his last seven games. Let's hope that Shesty gets just as much support from the team in the upcoming games as Halak did. After all, it is a team sport....

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I saw after the fact when looking at the boxscore they gave Markstrom a misconduct penalty for throwing his stick after the OT goal. haha He was fuming.

Does it mean anything, since the game was over at that point? Maybe getting some fine afterward from the NHL...

1 minute ago, Cr00zng said:

Halak flipped that during his last seven games for a  6-1-0 record during that time. Shesty on the other hand had a 3-2-2 record during his last seven games. Let's hope that Shesty gets just as much support from the team in the upcoming games as Halak did. After all, it is a team sport....

Does it mean anything, since the game was over at that point? Maybe getting some fine afterward from the NHL...

I was trying to think. I'm not sure. Don't you get a suspension of some kind if you get a certain number of misconduct penalties or something? Other that, I really don't see what comes of it. He probably won't even get fined. lol I just got a chuckle out of it. It's ten penalty minutes on his stats, I guess.

Regarding Shesterkin, I actually think he's been much better on the road this year than at home. It's kind of indicative of the Rangers' better record on the road than at home this year. It's kind of odd but hopefully it can get better down the stretch here.

7 hours ago, Sod16 said:

Pretty ragged play for 50 minutes and ample evidence of susceptibility to a team with some speed, but the way they turned it up after going down 4-3 was heartening.

I don't understand why really, but it just seems that Laf only plays well with Chytil, so I'm ready to just leave him there.

There needs to be a new rule, instigation in retaliation for a legal hit is a double minor.  This ritual is getting ridiculous in this league.  Sure, we got two PPs, but we lost a D man for 10 minutes and screwed up our pairings.  How long before Trouba hurts one of his hands?

It's gotten to the point where they call it a goal if there's no wind up before the kick.  C'mon!  The guy thrust his skate forward with the intent of propelling the puck.  No goal!

Exactly. He allowed (intentionally) the puck to hit his skate, and pushed his skate forward into the goal. Anybody whose played soccer knows that's a shot, and not a deflection, which is why the rule was put in place. He had nothing to lose. Do it, and let the referees, and Toronto decide.

10 minutes ago, jamsim1967 said:

There needs to be a new rule, instigation in retaliation for a legal hit is a double minor.  This ritual is getting ridiculous in this league.

Yeah. It's an absolute joke. Any type of open ice hit is a klaxon for someone to get their handbag out. 

By all means stand up for your team mate after a dirty hit, but come on.