• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Gerard Gallant, Sigh

goondman

6 hours ago, Pete said:

I'm not sure how I'd really feel about it if he were the Rangers coach. I think part of him coming here would need to be a really believable narrative around what he knew and didn't know and what he said and didn't say. 

The issue as I understand it is that he knew and yet thought that it would be too disruptive to a championship drive to address it and so he let it linger on without addressing it.

This is something that he might have totally gotten away with in the 70's or 80's but not in today's sporting world.  You can't know about something like that and do nothing about it because doing something would lessen your chances of winning.

It's not quite Paterno territory but it is close enough to make him an unmanageable issue for whomever hires him in the North American hockey world.

11 minutes ago, Br4d said:

The issue as I understand it is that he knew and yet thought that it would be too disruptive to a championship drive to address it and so he let it linger on without addressing it.

This is something that he might have totally gotten away with in the 70's or 80's but not in today's sporting world.  You can't know about something like that and do nothing about it because doing something would lessen your chances of winning.

It's not quite Paterno territory but it is close enough to make him an unmanageable issue for whomever hires him in the North American hockey world.

I get it, but the bolded is vague. What is "addressing it"? Did he ignore it and let it continue, or did he just know that it happened, and made sure it stopped but didn't bubble it up?

I don't know, it's been a while and I haven't re-read the articles so I don't know.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

I get it, but the bolded is vague. What is "addressing it"? Did he ignore it and let it continue, or did he just know that it happened, and made sure it stopped but didn't bubble it up?

I don't know, it's been a while and I haven't re-read the articles so I don't know.

It's probably a good time to re-read the articles given Quenneville's status as a coach of interest.