• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 ECQF #1: Rangers @ New Jersey Devils — Rip and Tear

Great game, great to see Kreider switch back into effort mode, Panarin played really well, 4th line rocked, Kids cycling, Vezna Shesty, Fox quarterback, Linghren 100% and flying, Mikolla looking like a Torts coached d man, just a 100% effort. 

that Kane though, what’s the deal with even simple play failures moving the puck. He did have one decent chance but overall was a detriment. Wow

That was about as comfortable as a playoff road win as you are going to get with two teams only separated by a few points, all credit to the Rangers.  I enjoyed a pretty gutless effort by the Devils - other than a few flurries there wasn’t much resistance.  It’s not must win until elimination games but if the Devils lose the first two on home ice it would be an uphill battle the rest of the series.  Expect a better effort from the Devils in game 2, and feel confident that the Rangers can go up 2-0 heading back to MSG.

• Believe 2

2 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Fox, Kreider, Goodrow.

Shesty was good, but didn’t really have to do too much and a lot of that is thanks to Goodrow.

Fox with a casual 4A(all primary) night while only playing 20 minutes. What a stud.

That's another positive about the empty netter. It padded his game stats. lol Also a point for Kakko.

3 minutes ago, NY Chief said:

No replays on the “infraction” that gave Hughes the penalty shot? Looked WEAK to me. But you know, Star…..

Seriously ... I'm guessing he touched his jersey.

I could be wrong, but I didn't see any pulling, nothing.

• Keeps it 100 1

32 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

not sure what feed you were watching but they did show it on MSG, Trouba definitely hooked him good causing him to lose the puck. Dumb play by Miller sending Hughes on a clean breakaway.

TSN only showed it once that I saw. Didn’t see much of a hook. 

• Bullseye 1

Yeah that’s an easy textbook win against an inexperienced team who doesn’t know what to do in the playoffs. Managed the puck real well, blocked shots and cleared the net. I’m not sure the devils have anythinn else in the playbook except capitalize on neutral zone turnovers and we’re a better team so just need to simply ply right d again and manage the puck and this is easy. 

Full mark effort to the Rangers who did exactly what they needed to do

So the Rangers were playing a little "Possum" the last few games of the season, and the big guns showed their stuff tonight!

A superb game from Igor, which is not much of a surprise, but Foxy loading up 4 assists, the kids playing some top notch shifts, and that 4th line had some serious moxie out there!

A tremendous showing in the GDT tonight...and here are the Top 21 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Tampax...official sponsor of the K'Andre nose tampon.

7 hours ago, Phil said:

They're going to blah, blah, blah for an hour and just piss you off for being deceptive.

4 hours ago, NY Chief said:

Should we do a preemptive “Fuck You, Ref’?

You know it’s coming ….

4 hours ago, NY Chief said:

Band I was in once in the van on the way to a gig in Jersey. Drummer says “My girlfriend told me to “kiss me where it smells” so I took her to Jersey!” We wrote and played Kiss Me Where it Smells right then!

4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Actually I'm stunned he hasn't called him Adam yet.

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

I'll tell you what I'm loving Mikkola.  I'll eat crow like....  a crow eating thing..... that likes to eat crow... He's definitely been born again hard. 

https://youtu.be/cb_CbdREID0

3 hours ago, Bugg said:

Shut the fuck about your boy Hughes, old man. 

3 hours ago, CBrowningPI said:

Keith Jones needs to stop talking or I'm having a mostly peaceful protest

3 hours ago, phillyb said:

That one fucking counts!

3 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Lindgren just reminding the Devils to keep eating bags on bags of dicks

3 hours ago, Keirik said:

On the bright side, at least motte didn't hurt himself doing that idiotic faceoff

2 hours ago, Abe Froman said:

Kane needs to ride the pine. He's been as useless as tits on a nun.

2 hours ago, siddious said:

I don’t speak Russian but I’m pretty sure Igor asked Tatar “who’s your daddy?!”

2 hours ago, CSNY1 said:

Tampon replacement 

2 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Seeing an angry Gallant, you just know he’s “that guy” in the bus station bathroom that just took that gawd-awful smelly shit!

2 hours ago, NY Chief said:

Key is back. No strings attached…..

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

I love Goodrow. I really do. Don't tell my wife. 

2 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Kreiderman, Kreiderman, friendly neighborhood Kreiderman

Tips a puck, it goes in

Rangers are, gonna win,

LOOK OUT

Here comes the Kreiderman

2 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Vanecek's gonna see Kreider's ass in his nightmares tonight.

2 hours ago, siddious said:

@Philkeep telling me we don’t need a thumbs down negative rep option

2 hours ago, CSNY1 said:

Jones thinks ribbed condoms taste like ribs 

2 hours ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

I'm grabbing my popcorn for the ritual sodomizing of Devils fans about to take place on Twitter.

I have to admit, the "nose tampon" banter almost had me leaning, but the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @siddious Pete, who was able to correctly identify Igor's conversation with Tatar!

Short memory though fellas!!  We're back on Thursday, this one's in the books and we need to bank another "W" to lean these punks over the barrel for a serious ass-spanking!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Cheers 2

11 hours ago, Valriera said:

4-2 rangers tonight, don't care who scores. We come out and play the right way and the Devils don't know how to adjust so they lose. Igor doesn't have to be that good but does have to make a couple of important saves in the first few minutes of the game as the Devils will come out hot.

Well basically got it

• Applause 1