• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 ECQF #4: Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils — LFG!

Phil

4 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

It's not about being a hype man, its about making adjustments to the gameplan which there has been none

It’s just too simple to say that the coach need to make adjustments when the team plays like crap.

The gameplan has been great. This is the 4th game in a row we’ve kept them to only 1 goal. What adjustments is he supposed to make? Open the game up and let Devils play to their strenghts?

They’re playing baby soft and with no urgency, it’s that simple. Zibanejad is unusally invisible, Kreider without PP tip-ins is invisible as usual, Kane plays like crap again after that one good game and Lafreniere kills every play the kid line makes.

Maybe he could switch up the lines (he already did in the 2nd period btw). Not sure what to do, but I want more Kakko, a lot less Lafreniere and less Kane.

• The Chyt! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, jamsim1967 said:

Just go to the net, and throw the puck towards the net. Is it that hard for this team to make things tough for a 22 year old goaltender?

Had someone went to the net, than Kane/Trocheck dribbler would have been an easy tap in. Not sure where the fuck Kreider was on the play. Nobody on the left hand side of the ice.  

Man. I sure miss Gauthier.  

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

7 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

He’s a coach, not a hypeman. They should be able to get energized for a PO game on their own lol.

I doubt any nhl player ever doesnt get up for a po game...particularly in your own home at msg.

What happens imo, is that in a high pressure environment, you need to be able to rely on an effective instinctual system/structure instead of creative decision making that falters under that pressure. and as we all know...gg is kind of a dope when it comes to that

2 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

It’s just too simple to say that the coach need to make adjustments when the team plays like crap.

The gameplan has been great. This is the 4th game in a row we’ve kept them to only 1 goal. What adjustments is he supposed to make? Open the game up and let Devils play to their strenghts?

They’re playing baby soft and with no urgency, it’s that simple. Zibanejad is unusally invisible, Kreider without PP tip-ins is invisible as usual, Kane plays like crap again after that one good game and Lafreniere kills every play the kid line makes.

Maybe he could switch up the lines (he already did in the 2nd period btw). Not sure what to do, but I want more Kakko, a lot less Lafreniere and less Kane.

Exactly!  Too much stickwork; almost no bodywork… especially on the PP.

Just now, The Dude said:

Had someone went to the net, than Kane/Trocheck dribbler would have been an easy tap in. Not sure where the fuck Kreider was on the play. Nobody on the left hand side of the ice.  

Man. I sure miss Gauthier.  

I was thinking the same thing ... they were watching

• Cheers 1

Just now, Jdog99 said:

I doubt any nhl player ever doesnt get up for a po game...particularly in your own home at msg.

What happens imo, is that in a high pressure environment, you need to be able to rely on an effective instinctual system/structure instead of creative decision making that falters under that pressure. and as we all know...gg is kind of a dope when it comes to that

Kind of??

5 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Defensive game plan is good....Offensive game plan sucks....You see the Devils are pressuring you constantly, he's a coach figure out a simpler offensive game plan....Instead of trying to carry the puck through the neutral zone, dump and chase and batter the defenseman.  Devils are clogging up the neutral zone, the Devils are one step ahead of the Rangers on the passes.  There is always someone on the puck carrier, and always a Devil on the puck receiver as the player gets the puck.  Figure out some other type of breaks out of the zone.  Best breakouts so far has come from Shesterkin.

• Keeps it 100 1

4 minutes ago, NY Chief said:

Ruff has been a loser coach his whole career. Any possibly being he was a NYR Asst Coach he’s got a better feel to play against? “Insider trading” if you will?

Ummm. He's 5th all time in wins. He's a good coach. Tired of hearing this one. He was also said to be a coach who doesn't develop young players,  which was always false, and this Devils team is more proof of that. 

• Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

That was almost a back-to-back PP and Mika and Panarin was on the ice the shift before the PP. They can’t stay out there for 3 minutes.

If all he’s doing wrong is changing the PP unit a tad too early, this is not him…

I apologize. I’m drunk. I love you.

Lets tie this bitch. Please.

• Believe 1

9 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Game plan is all well and good but when everyone can see the PP is ass and he’s does nothing that’s on him. Put the Kids out there on the PP as they have been the most consistent line yet again but noooooo he insists on trotting Kane and company out there which hasn’t generated much of anything 

11 minutes ago, NY Chief said:

Ruff has been a loser coach his whole career. Any possibly being he was a NYR Asst Coach he’s got a better feel to play against? “Insider trading” if you will?

Ruff coached one of the most dominant teams i can remember seeing back in buffalo...and that was with the likes of drury, briere etc...great players at the time but not exactly superstars