• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 ECQF #4: Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils — LFG!

Phil

Just now, leetchy2 said:

WTF was Barclay Goodrow doing on the ice with a minute to go down by a goal???

Was worth a shot. I'd rather him out there over Lafrenière. I'm done with that kid. He's gotta go this summer. Heck I'd rather him out there over Zibanejad.

Zibanejad had 1 fucking shot on goal tonight.  

1 minute ago, Jdog99 said:

somebody needs to take accountability for the kane disaster...drury for going all in for him, or gallant for not having the balls to sitck him in the bottom 6 and on pp2...

Not to mention how much it fucked over the roster for a week or two finalizing it.

2 minutes ago, jamsim1967 said:

Are they just sleeping? That would make more sense. Two shitty performances at home, against a team that is supposed to be a rival. I don't know how that can happen in the playoffs, especially against this team. Unless of course it's supposed to.

EXACTLY. SCRIPTED TO GO TO GAME $$$even

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

If we lose, it’s literally clean house time. I don’t know if many of us know this.

If we lose, Gallant is canned. You deal Panarin. Like, the balance of this franchise hangs in the balance.

A disappointment isn’t even spelling it correctly. I’m disgusted in this team.

No doubt. Colossal disaster if it's one round and out. Kane probably wouldn't want to come back anyway. lol

I mean, if they blow another 2-0 playoff series and lose, 2 years in a row you’d think the roster and coach likely get overhauled, no? 

It’s not like the Devils are a wildcard team BUT the Rangers have shown nothing in the last 2 games while in other series you see big named-rosters DOING SOMETHING! (Oilers, Tampa, Bruins). 

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I don't think the Devils are vastly superior, it's been a pretty even seties. When this team gets into a scoring funk it just lingers and lingers.

Which is scary, because every other team left in the East is better than the Devils. So, it's over Johnny. 

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

This is 5-alarm crisis. And off of what we did in NJ? With a veteran team?

I have never been more disgusted.

Im serious. If they lose this series, I want major changes. This is unacceptable.

I cannot believe what has happened.

I think it’s the likely outcome if they lose. Can’t bring this same roster back. The core will have rotted. 

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I don't think the Devils are vastly superior, it's been a pretty even seties. When this team gets into a scoring funk it just lingers and lingers.

It’s been right there. 95% of this series has been in the neutral zone.

But the last 2 games? It’s a crock of a shit.

Zibanejad. Panarin. Kane. Tarasenko. Fox. Kreider.

And nothing? And you’re only giving them 45 seconds?

Its on them. And it’s also on HIM.

I love Gallant. But fireable offenses.

• Phil unpinned this topic

What I don't get about Kane is that I'm sure they had analytics that show he blows, and he really blows, but also how he's functionally Panarin from the other side of the ice, and they just suffered a playoff where that type of shit just didn't play at crunch time. 

When times are bad they simply don't have any North/South gear they can default to. Adding 6 more Guy Lafleurs isn't going to change that. 

Again, the easy GM move is adding a guy like Kane. The hard move is to resist that and to find other dynamics.

• Bullseye 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Which is scary, because every other team left in the East is better than the Devils. So, it's over Johnny. 

I didn't think they'd beat a team like Boston anyway, even at their very best. This, though? Huge disaster if it goes down. Like, one of the most catastrophic things to happen to the Rangers in recent memory.

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

No doubt. Colossal disaster if it's one round and out. Kane probably wouldn't want to come back anyway. lol

Based on what I've seen so far wouldn't want him back. Non-impact

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

It’s been right there. 95% of this series has been in the neutral zone.

But the last 2 games? It’s a crock of a shit.

Zibanejad. Panarin. Kane. Tarasenko. Fox. Kreider.

And nothing? And you’re only giving them 45 seconds?

Its on them. And it’s also on HIM.

I love Gallant. But fireable offenses.

If this goes down, Gallant is definitely gone. I really don't think they dump Panarin though.

2 minutes ago, ausman said:

Buchigrass, Callahan and Weekes did excellent job recapping this game.  Like us, they can’t understand why the Rangers have been so sleepy in MSG especially with the opportunity to pound NJ into the ground in game 3.

Gotta wonder if it's the MSG ice. Lots of players falling down and everybody (Devils included) looks slow.