• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 ECQF #4: Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils — LFG!

Phil

14 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Ladies and Gents, we got another 7 game series coming....Never learn its a good thing to end a series before 6 games.

I think you may be over-generous.  This looks to be going 6 with the Rangers being swept out over the next two.  Have you seen anything in the last two to make you think this can go 7 let alone come out with the Rangers winning it?

14 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Kane is an extra part. If Zib and Panarin aren't going to show up, Kane doesn't even matter. 

no - because as bad as he looks, he's actually a detriment. you can't just stick a slow, low energy player in the top 6 and not expect it to negatively impact the line as a whole

2 minutes ago, ausman said:

I think you may be over-generous.  This looks to be going 6 with the Rangers being swept out over the next two.  Have you seen anything in the last two to make you think this can go 7 let alone come out with the Rangers winning it?

Road teams have been winning games all over in these playoffs, and I saw what the Rangers did at the pebble.  Road teams went 8-0 on Saturday/Sunday.  GG now has 2 1/2 days to figure this out. 

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

If this goes down, Gallant is definitely gone. I really don't think they dump Panarin though.

They have to.

No choice. You cannot have someone hogging the cap at his number who does shit in 2 playoffs in a row.

We lose, Panarin is gone. Last year the thought was a joke. It’s dead serious here. He will be an ex-Ranger if we lose this.

4 minutes ago, Dunny said:

What I don't get about Kane is that I'm sure they had analytics that show he blows, and he really blows, but also how he's functionally Panarin from the other side of the ice, and they just suffered a playoff where that type of shit just didn't play at crunch time. 

When times are bad they simply don't have any North/South gear they can default to. Adding 6 more Guy Lafleurs isn't going to change that. 

Again, the easy GM move is adding a guy like Kane. The hard move is to resist that and to find other dynamics.

He still has 3 games to prove his worth. But at the time, I questioned the move. Not sure they needed anybody after Tarasenko. I wanted another player whose game is going to the net and creating chaos. They don't do enough of that.

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

They have to.

No choice. You cannot have someone hogging the cap at his number who does shit in 2 playoffs in a row.

We lose, Panarin is gone. Last year the thought was a joke. It’s dead serious here. He will be an ex-Ranger if we lose this.

Trouba's contract may be the bigger albatross. Panarin is a huge part of the offense. Who's creating when he's gone? Lafreniere? Cythil? Who do they get back?

• VINNY! 1

Just now, jamsim1967 said:

I've never seen a team look this bad against a team they should want to beat into submission. The more games they play, the more $$$ the league makes

Especially with sports betting now being openly encouraged all the time.

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Bullseye 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

7 minutes ago, ausman said:

Did you see anything from the Devils in the first two, that made you think it would be going back to New Jersey?

I'm with Richie on this one. There's an unending bevy of superlatives and expletives I can throw out there in frustration, but it adds up to one word: inexcusable. 

How you blow out a team twice on their own ice and piss it away at home is unreal. Catastrophic, actually. A lot of people had this series pegged for 7 games, but now we're lucky if it gets that far. 

No heart. Gaudy regular season stats that end up in playoff disappearing acts across the board. 

Edited by Ranger Lothbrok
  • Like 2
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, jamsim1967 said:

He still has 3 games to prove his worth. But at the time, I questioned the move. Not sure they needed anybody after Tarasenko. I wanted another player whose game is going to the net and creating chaos. They don't do enough of that.

Tied for 2nd in scoring in the playoffs for the NYR.  🤣 .  But yes he has sucked.....along with the rest of the team the last 2 games.  

Did they need him? Not really, but they brought him in for the experience and gave up nothing for him so they had to make that trade.  Honestly would you rather see Johnny B or Leschysshshyhhysnnn?