• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 ECQF #4: Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils — LFG!

Phil

56 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

Hughes proving to have the balls and wrench twice the size our entire all-star team.  Go fucking figure. 

But yeah he's small, if only half our stars played consistently with that much heart and passion  forget about talent.

Egg two laid fucking perfectly, we nailed it, couldn't of done better. Bravo bitches, makes me want to puke.

i've felt my heart in my throught when hughes has the puck with just a bit of time and space...legit superstar...kakko is not even in the same league right now

8 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Tied for 2nd in scoring in the playoffs for the NYR.  🤣 .  But yes he has sucked.....along with the rest of the team the last 2 games.  

Did they need him? Not really, but they brought him in for the experience and gave up nothing for him so they had to make that trade.  Honestly would you rather see Johnny B or Leschysshshyhhysnnn?  

You're right, at that price they had to take him. And it's not that they've sucked, it's like they didn't even try and that's worse than sucking.

8 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

We lose this series, how many of us want to come back next season? 

I don't really want to come back for game 5. I'm just glad the game started at 7, got an extra hour of sleep. If I had been smart, I would have done like the Rangers and slept right through the game.

• Bullseye 1

6 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Credit to Hughes who, in his first playoff series, looked like shit then took control of these past two games. Kids flying out there.

ours look like third round draft picks 

It's OK, they're the best 3rd line in the league!  🙄

When watching this power play you almost feel like they think they're so good the puck is just going to float into the net for them with minimal work. That shit won't work in the regular season, let alone the playoffs. Say the Devils made adjustments all you want, but it's still an awful display.

They're still carrying the play most of the time, but just not generating much of anything. They only gave up two regulation goals last night (not counting the empty net) and one goal the previous game, and the series is 2-2. lol So annoying.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I didn't think they'd beat a team like Boston anyway, even at their very best. This, though? Huge disaster if it goes down. Like, one of the most catastrophic things to happen to the Rangers in recent memory.

The sky is definitely falling a bit. 

Gotta wonder what that locker-room is like. After hearing Mika say everyone is looking for somebody else to make a play, has me wondering if a guy like Kane has done anything at all as a leader or maybe has over stepped... 

Your top goal scorer is looking for someone else to make a play. . Why? That's a very weak thing to be said by your top center and top goal man. This is your team. Act like it. 

This team can play with anyone. Boston included.  They just need to want it more. Game 1 and 2 showed that this team CAN have a defensive plan, and still score as expected. But this lazy standing around and waiting for someone to do something big is some lame ass, weak minded, weak willed pussy shit. 

Talk all day about Panarin not producing goals. He's the only mother fucker busting his ass out there other than Kakko and Trocheck. 

Everyone else's compete level has been extremely questionable.  Fix that and this  team can be as good as expected. 

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

The Rangers are an old, slow team. Time for a rebuild. Panarin, Miller, Trouba, Kane all need to go before next season. Devils are younger, faster, and it looks like they have found a top notch goalie, it's their window the next few years.

6 minutes ago, Duguay10 said:

The Rangers are an old, slow team. Time for a rebuild. Panarin, Miller, Trouba, Kane all need to go before next season. Devils are younger, faster, and it looks like they have found a top notch goalie, it's their window the next few years.

The Rangers are slow so they should trade their fastest and best skating defenseman?

Takes are 🔥 this morning. 

Edited by Pete
  • LOL 1

11 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

At least we didn't wind up with Byfield.

Right?

IDK. Lafrenière was the consensus #1. When he did nothing his first 2 years to warrant his draft spot, they should have moved him .  Every year he stays here , his value depletes and his play screams 3rd liner or AHL tweener. He does nothing exceptionally well. He's just there. 

It's time to remove him from the PP and give Kakko or Goodrow that spot. I'd even think about scratching him. JBrod slides in to 4C and Goodrow is free to slide all over the lineup as a spark plug. 

They really needed to stay away from Kane and used that cap space on cheaper, grittier center and RW depth. Domi would have fit this teams needs better, giving them flexibility and grit. Not an injjured guy everyone is waiting for to take over games. 

• Keeps it 100 1

20 minutes ago, Duguay10 said:

While I disagree with your GM moves it is a valid point that a fast and skilled team can decide to plug up lanes and play defense.  We can't decide to be fast.  And yes, their goalie is playing well.  

Yet here we are 2-2.  It's time for a short memory and forgetting how we got to 2-2.  

That's for the athletes, as a fan...I want to bitch and complain about how we got here. 

25 minutes ago, The Dude said:

IDK. Lafrenière was the consensus #1. When he did nothing his first 2 years to warrant his draft spot, they should have moved him .  Every year he stays here , his value depletes and his play screams 3rd liner or AHL tweener. He does nothing exceptionally well. He's just there. 

It's time to remove him from the PP and give Kakko or Goodrow that spot. I'd even think about scratching him. JBrod slides in to 4C and Goodrow is free to slide all over the lineup as a spark plug. 

They really needed to stay away from Kane and used that cap space on cheaper, grittier center and RW depth. Domi would have fit this teams needs better, giving them flexibility and grit. Not an injjured guy everyone is waiting for to take over games. 

I was pretty bummed they didn't want up with Domi or someone of that ilk. It was more of a need. I had no issues getting Tarasenko, or even Kane (wasn't really needed), since they didn't give up much for them. But really, no true needs were addressed at the deadline. I do like what Tarasenko has brought overall, but you know what I mean.

Focusing on Laf/Kakko and bemoaning the fact they’re nowhere near as good as Hughes seem wide of the mark after the last two games. We’ve known they’re not in his stratosphere for a long time, and we were never riding them to the Stanley Cup anyway.

What you should be worried about is Jack Hughes dominating and completely outshining everybody in our top 6. 

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

48 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I was pretty bummed they didn't want up with Domi or someone of that ilk. It was more of a need. I had no issues getting Tarasenko, or even Kane (wasn't really needed), since they didn't give up much for them. But really, no true needs were addressed at the deadline. I do like what Tarasenko has brought overall, but you know what I mean.

Tarasenko was a great pick up. No qualms there. As for Kane.  Well, they gave up roster flexibility. They can't sit anyone and they can't really shift lines around too much. Thank God Mikkola has turned out to be awesome,  because I feared he would be a massive disaster with how he started out.

But still.  One injury anywhere and they are pretty screwed. 

I hyped up Kane as a guy that would flip the switch and be able to carry this team, leaving Zibanejad to do as he pleases. Seems like teams are more concerned with Zibanejad and let Kane be. But he's (Kane) coasting, floating and really not keeping his legs moving. He gets the puck and literally stops skating  as he waits for the seas to part..  Well, the part andhe still does nothing good with the puck. I don't get it. If he was so banged up. Why trade for him? He's had zero chemistry with Panarin,  whom was supposed to be his frikken solemate. 

Plus, the Rangers do stand a chance to get the the ECF, where they then would have to give Chicago a 1st.  So, the cost wasn't that cheap. Hopefully he can get it together and be that top tier talent everyone was expecting. They obviously need it. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Tarasenko was a great pick up. No qualms there. As for Kane.  Well, they gave up roster flexibility. They can't sit anyone and they can't really shift lines around too much. Thank God Mikkola has turned out to be awesome,  because I feared he would be a massive disaster with how he started out.

But still.  One injury anywhere and they are pretty screwed. 

I hyped up Kane as a guy that would flip the switch and be able to carry this team, leaving Zibanejad to do as he pleases. Seems like teams are more concerned with Zibanejad and let Kane be. But he's (Kane) coasting, floating and really not keeping his legs moving. He gets the puck and literally stops skating  as he waits for the seas to part..  Well, the part andhe still does nothing good with the puck. I don't get it. If he was so banged up. Why trade for him? He's had zero chemistry with Panarin,  whom was supposed to be his frikken solemate. 

Plus, the Rangers do stand a chance to get the the ECF, where they then would have to give Chicago a 1st.  So, the cost wasn't that cheap. Hopefully he can get it together and be that top tier talent everyone was expecting. They obviously need it. 

Him being just too banged up is my fear. It's not like he doesn't care, he's just doing what he can right now. It kind of sucks the chemistry isn't there because Drury went out there and got all of Panarin's buddies. lol

• Keeps it 100 1

Once the Rangers got Tarasenko their were no other moves to be made until Kane worked his way to the Rangers.  We saw the cap gymnastics that had to be done just to get Kane onto the roster....No chance for O'Reilly or Acciari to be dealt here.....No chance for Domi to be dealt here.  Rangers were pretty much set with just acquiring Tarasenko until Kane said he only wants to be a NYR and traded pretty much a bag of pucks for him. 

36 minutes ago, Gravesy said:

Focusing on Laf/Kakko and bemoaning the fact they’re nowhere near as good as Hughes seem wide of the mark after the last two games. We’ve known they’re not in his stratosphere for a long time, and we were never riding them to the Stanley Cup anyway.

What you should be worried about is Jack Hughes dominating and completely outshining everybody in our top 6. 

I don't think anyone has made that comparison.  It's just the overall disappointment in how useless Lafrenière actually is. Kakko atleast has some battle level.  He's not pushed around and he's generating opportunities.  Lafrenière does pretty much nothing right now. Its a matter of competency.  It not a matter of comparison.  The Rangers should be able to lean on Lafrenière  and the kid line. They should once again be getting the favorable match ups. But they really aren't making any difference.  They aren’t really even cycling the puck and wearing down defenders. They aren’t making the Devils work. 

IMO most of that stems from Lafrenières weak play and inability or non interest in carrying the puck. .. When he does... They look better.  Fucking kid had a great chance in OT when he took it to the net.

I'm tired of his enter the zone and instantly curl back along the boards crap. It almost every possession where he brings the puck in. Chytil will at least bring it in with speed and try to get it deep,  then decide what he's going to do. Oddly Kakko rarely carries the puck in, despite being the strongest guy on the puck.. 

To wrap it up, Lafrenière is lost right now. It's not a comparison to Hughes. It's a matter of why isnt there more depth so they can slide him down or out. I mean,  does anybody want to see Vesey get more ice? I'd  be ok with Goodrow sliding up, but like I said.  There goes your 4 C. 

Lafrenière not being very good obviously isn't the biggest issue here. But it's an issue and it should be addressed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Once the Rangers got Tarasenko their were no other moves to be made until Kane worked his way to the Rangers.  We saw the cap gymnastics that had to be done just to get Kane onto the roster....No chance for O'Reilly or Acciari to be dealt here.....No chance for Domi to be dealt here.  Rangers were pretty much set with just acquiring Tarasenko until Kane said he only wants to be a NYR and traded pretty much a bag of pucks for him. 

Why wasn't there any chance? Those players were acquired for very little if not similar to Kane. I believe STL ate a lot of OReillys contract.  The Hawks would have probably ate some of Domis i(f they had to)  since they wouldn't have had to eat Kanes. There wouldn't have had to have been as much cap gymnastics.  There were plenty of other moves to be made after Tarasenko.  Drury wanted Kane.  Can't fault him for it. It's a shiny object and a great story. But probably not the best fit. 

Too late now. Gotta make the best of what they have. And what they have, should be really fucking good. 

13 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

The interesting thing is when you have the team we have, with Igor in net and talent up front, you sign up for this chart because you assume the talent will take advantage of limited chances and Igor will stop theirs.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Just a real boring game where their goalie made one more save on a low quality chance than our vezina winning goalie.

The team has to score more and generate more, we know this. But if you told me we'd play two very tight games against the Devils that were low scoring chance games and we were going to lose both those games before the series started, I'd probably have called you crazy. This type of game should favor us and our goaltender. 

• Like 1