• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers in on Joel Quenneville?

Phil

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

It has nothing to do with experience and motivation, you're not giving the devil's any credit for the absolutely stifling system they deployed against this team. A system that was not there in games 1 and 2, until their coach made an adjustment.

If you expected the Rangers to win just by showing up, then you're just as guilty of it as Gallant. There needs to be a system in place. It's just so obvious. 

I get that you hate Gallant, and I’m not dismissing him of all blame here. But at some point, the players need to be held accountable too.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I get that you hate Gallant, and I’m not dismissing him of all blame here. But at some point, the players need to be held accountable too.

Agreed. And when they are given all the tools they need to succeed (like a gameplan first and foremost) then they should be. The haven't had that. 

• Bullseye 2

Whoever the coach is needs to have a talk with Adam Fox. That kid needs a swift kick in the ass. The methodical bullshit has to stop. And the intensity level needs to raise. He can’t treat games like last night like preseason games. There needs to be an urgency to his game. Whoever the coach is, Quenneville whoever, needs to drill that point home on him.

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1
  • Applause 2

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

I would love Q, but it's probably not happening. MSG and the Rangers are super sensitive and I don't think they want all of that baggage here. You're probably looking at Laviolette or Bruce Boudreau as the next coach.

I don't think the Rangers are sensitive at all. They had Sean Avery, they traded for ADA. 

• LMFAO 1

Just now, Pete said:

I don't think the Rangers are sensitive at all. They had Sean Avery, they traded for ADA. 

True, but neither of them were under investigation for sexual assault allegations. Not that being racist is great either, but that Chicago Blackhawks situation was very serious.

1 minute ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Q is the only one that would have me optimistic about the future again. No other candidate really does it for me, but Q would be amazing.

Personally it's just the guy they need right now. They need a coach that can take them to that level mentally and have them ready, and he's it. I wouldn't mind Laviolette as a good 1B option, though.

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

Great job by Jersey deserved to win. They ran circles around the Rangers and played on a totally different level than the Rangers did. I hope this showing though means the end for Gallant. His offensive system was absolutely horrible for these skill players. They get shut down way too often by half decent or better defensive team. No excuse for a team that has Tarasenko, Zibanejad, Kreider, Panarin, Trockeck, Kane and a kid line with some decent players on it. Waaaay too inconsistent offensively all year. 5 v5 was putrid relative to talent 2 years straight. Panarin under Quinn could score , wasn't afraid to shoot and looked a whole lot better. Gallant had 0 clue how to utilize him. The kids barely developed under him. He needs to go. This team is ready to compete now and needs a coach who will take full advantage of their offensive skill. If we bring Tarasenko back and with a good coach that takes advantage of these players full offensive skillsets , I think this is an entirely better team next year even if they don't add talent to it.

Friedman also said what I think needs to be said too. And that’s that it doesn’t matter who the coach is, if your players fail to show up, then you’re never going to win. He said from the jump last night, Jerseys 2 best players (Hughes and Hischier) showed up. Ours? All…what? 5? 6? Of ours? None of them did. Atleast as far as skaters go, not including Igor.

Also made a great point about Hughes, who may have been barking at the refs a little last night (I will say that I don’t consider Hughes to be much of a whiner in that regard): “I’d rather calm down a stallion than rev up a dopey doggy.”

Literally goofy sounding, but spot on accurate. 

• Like 2

I don't know if Quenneville is gonna work especially in NY. Also how do players who know that he ignored his own players getting abused follow him into battle? I know he was a great coach but are things different now post revelations about the sexual assault scandal? Also you KNOW there's going to be a whole wave of social media NYR fans being vehemently against it. I know it's tempting because he's the best coach "available" (pending approval from Bettman) but the controversy might be more than a moral quandary, it could also affect the team in a negative way.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tonybologna said:

I don't know if Quenneville is gonna work especially in NY. Also how do players who know that he ignored his own players getting abused follow him into battle? I know he was a great coach but are things different now post revelations about the sexual assault scandal? Also you KNOW there's going to be a whole wave of social media NYR fans being vehemently against it. I know it's tempting because he's the best coach "available" (pending approval from Bettman) but the controversy might be more than a moral quandary, it could also affect the team in a negative way.

Yeah, I mentioned that earlier and it's a big reason I can see them shying away from him. That's why I think someone like Laviolette is a safer pick.

• Like 1