• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Phil Housley Named Associate Head Coach, Dan Muse, Michael Peca Named Assistant Coaches for Laviolette's Staff

Phil

2 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

It means you were wrong six ways to Sunday 🙂

I never mentioned any player but Panarin. You said they wanted a better defensive player. They didn't. They wanted a grittier player, but not at the cost of Panarin.

I have no idea why you're bringing up Super Nintendo. 

Haven't seen this brought up, but in Housleys stint with Nashville he coached the defense.  Skip a few years (Buffalo HC) and while with Arizona, he not only coached the D, but he also ran the PP (PP wasn't very good,  but its Arizona).

This staff has its own depth. This alone is exciting. 

Another good thing. Laviolette doesn't seem to have players that he feels the need to bring in as "his" guys. I haven't noticed any anyway. Seems to do well with what's given to him. 

Edited by The Dude

“I feel very confident saying this — there isn’t a coach in the NHL that will outwork this guy.”

“He showed me what real hockey is, honestly,” said Ryan Leonard, a center who could go anywhere from No. 6-10 on Wednesday. “What it takes to become a professional athlete, how to make a living at it. He was awesome. I can’t say enough good things about him.”

“He taught me a lot about my game, where I can fit into a lineup,” said Oliver Moore, a center who was ranked eighth among North American skaters by Central Scouting. “He gave me a lot of confidence and just trusted in me. He was a strong voice in our room, we all listened to him when he talked and soaked up all the information he gave us. For me personally, it was the hockey IQ aspect of the game he helped me with most.”

“He is hard-nosed (with an) old-school work ethic combined with new-school intelligence and progressive thinking, use of analytics. He’ll likely be running the PK,” Valiquette said.

“He really helped my all-around game and even off the ice too,” said Will Smith, a center who could go as high as No. 4 on Wednesday. “If I ever needed to talk about anything he was there. He’s awesome as a coach and awesome as a person, so it’s pretty cool seeing him get that job with the Rangers.”

https://theathletic.com/4645173/2023/06/27/rangers-coaching-staff-hires-dan-muse-nhl-draft-prospects/?source=user_shared_article

article on Dan Muse 

• JIMMY! 1
  • Applause 1