• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Filip Zadina, 2018 6th Overall Draft Pick, Put on Unconditional Waivers for Purposes of Contract Termination

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Get 'im, @Niko!

tumblr_mpa82kOVvn1rq33gvo1_400.gif

I want the rangers to hire Phil for to run practices. Love to see him implement his strategy in games. He can yell at these young guys like Pinky yelling at his limo driver:

“Look here baby, you’re hitting them corners too goddamn fast. You need to slow this game down. You almost made me spill this yak on my $200 suit! C’mon baby, get it to together. ”

• Keeps it 100 1

11 hours ago, Pete said:

The more I read about him the more interested I get, however this is a guy who basically had an amazing season during his draft year which springboarded him into the top 10. He has no record of sustained outsized production at any level. 

You're not going to play him in the bottom 6, no room for him in the top 6, so unless the plan is to stash him in the AHL until Wheeler's wheels fall off, I don't really see the point from an organizational perspective.

It seems like he was miscast as a number six overall, and even if that wasn't the case, he doesn't feel an organizational need right now to the point where he's a "must gamble on".

Even if you eventually becomes a good player, It's probably going to be one of those things that people say "oh wow, he is pretty good, moving right along..." like Tolvinen.

Now, does he have to clear waivers again if signed?  I'd totally stash him in Hartford if he'd go for that. He seemed to REALLY want put of Detroits system. Told them to keep some big money and to just let him go.   

He really believes in himself that much.  That intrigues the crap out of me. If he's down with playing in the A, until he proves he's ready for a call up, the Rangers could really use a small insurance policy.  Banking on Wheeler is fine. Kakko too. But they're an injury away from being right back to square one. 

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Now, does he have to clear waivers again if signed?  I'd totally stash him in Hartford if he'd go for that. He seemed to REALLY want put of Detroits system. Told them to keep some big money and to just let him go.   

He really believes in himself that much.  That intrigues the crap out of me. If he's down with playing in the A, until he proves he's ready for a call up, the Rangers could really use a small insurance policy.  Banking on Wheeler is fine. Kakko too. But they're an injury away from being right back to square one. 

I feel like they can sign him and immediately assign him to the AHL.

@Drew a Penalty might know better. 

6 hours ago, Niko said:

I want the rangers to hire Phil for to run practices. Love to see him implement his strategy in games. He can yell at these young guys like Pinky yelling at his limo driver:

“Look here baby, you’re hitting them corners too goddamn fast. You need to slow this game down. You almost made me spill this yak on my $200 suit! C’mon baby, get it to together. ”

“I have a friend who likes soft men. Can i get your autograph?”

16 hours ago, Niko said:

Did I say!? Oh! Did... Do it again. Do something else! Do something else!

11 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Waivers are still waivers. He'd have to pass through without getting claimed.

I didn't know if you even had to put a player you immediately signed on waivers to assign them to the AHL. 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

I didn't know if you even had to put a player you immediately signed on waivers to assign them to the AHL. 

They amended it for European FAs, but anyone who qualifies for waivers has to pass through if they're being sent down unless they qualify for an exemption.

32 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

They amended it for European FAs, but anyone who qualifies for waivers has to pass through if they're being sent down unless they qualify for an exemption.

So if anybody signs him, he's in the NHL. I don't think he'd pass waivers again on a cheaper deal. 

• Keeps it 100 1