• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Expected to Sign Lafreniere to 2-year Bridge With $2.5–2.75m AAV

Phil

I honestly don't care if/when he signs. I've never seen a more unimpressive first overall pick in my life and I've been watching this sport for 30 fucking years. He makes Patrick Stefan look like Pavel Datsyuk.

10 hours ago, Phil said:

I honestly don't care if/when he signs. I've never seen a more unimpressive first overall pick in my life and I've been watching this sport for 30 fucking years. He makes Patrick Stefan look like Pavel Datsyuk.

Stefan just had injury issues. Had a couple of concussions back in the IHL in the 2 seasons before he got drafted I believe and Atlanta foolishly the one thing you can never do which is ignore the medical side. He wasn’t a bad player. Very skilled in fact. Just was damaged goods. 

But god- what a terrible draft class that was. Arguably the worst ever. And that’s saying something as there were some real clunkers back in the mid-to-late 90’s. 

5 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Personally I'm wondering if Drury is trying to trade him and let the new team negotiate a contract that'll fit within their cap constraints

Possibly. 
But if that was going to happen, it was likely to happen by now, no?

Not doubting your opinion. Cause I think it’s a valid possibility, even if unlikely.

Just curious as to why you feel that way when the press has said the opposite and Drury said they were committed to him and to trade him hurts Drury’s efficacy.

24 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Possibly. 
But if that was going to happen, it was likely to happen by now, no?

Not doubting your opinion. Cause I think it’s a valid possibility, even if unlikely.

Just curious as to why you feel that way when the press has said the opposite and Drury said they were committed to him and to trade him hurts Drury’s efficacy.

Probably waiting until all the arbitration hearings are over?

Or, they just aren't in a rush to sign a deal. Kakko signed his bridge deal July 28th. Chytil on July 29th. We're only 4 days after that.

1 minute ago, Art20c said:

Honestly I don’t think he is tradable in the sense of getting something even remotely close to what we wasted on him. Nobody will give us bottom first round pick for him let alone top 10. 

Montreal gave Chicago the 13th and 66th overall for Kirby Dach, who was coming off a season of 70 GP, 9 G, 17 A. 

3 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Probably waiting until all the arbitration hearings are over?

Or, they just aren't in a rush to sign a deal. Kakko signed his bridge deal July 28th. Chytil on July 29th. We're only 4 days after that.

Yeah

I think it’s kind of overblown. Especially at the height of the offseason where players and everyone go away, take vacation, work lighter schedules, etc.

I don’t think there’s really anything there to make of or be concerned about.