• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NHL Contract Efficiency Rankings, 2023: Which Teams Spend Their Money Most Wisely?

Phil

22 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

I think it's reasonable to attribute most of the issues around Panarin (and hot take here, maybe also Trouba) to Gerard Gallant and poor coaching. I'm willing to withhold my criticism of Panarin until I see him in an actual system.

Or maybe he's getting older and starts to decline, just like "everyone" else does when they turn 30?

He peaked in 19-20 (playing for another shitty coach btw) as a 27 y old, which is in line with most projections for when a player is in his prime. Since then his p/pg has slowly decreased: 1.37, 1.38, 1.28, 1.21. It's not like he had a drastic change when GG came here.

His best season before Rangers was the last in Columbus where he had a 1.10 p/pg. 11 points in 11 playoff games that year.

Panarin is the same player he's always been. Not a great goal scorer, but maybe the best passer in the league while he's been here. 90-100p player that's amazing in the regular season but leaves something to be desired in the playoffs. The only time he's been past the 2nd round was under Galant. Even with the amazing Q on the recent Stanley cup winning Chicago roster he couldn't get past the 2nd round and he's never been over p/pg in a playoff year.

13 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

we've got guys saying it was coaching when they were 90+ point scorers in the reg season with the same coaching.

Yay, more reductive statements that we know aren't real arguments.