• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Entirely Too Early Predictions: Who Takes the Biggest Points Leap?

Phil

30 minutes ago, Br4d said:

I think if Lafreniere makes a big jump it is because the Rangers have found him somebody to feed.

I keep looking at the juniors and international highlights and what stands out is how unselfish he is with the puck.  His goals are mostly cleanup goals whereas his assists are sharp passes across the ice that turn into goalies getting beat.

The two-on-ones are back and forth and back and forth and the last guy with the puck about a dozen feet in front of the goalie scores.

Offensively he is a lot more like Panarin than Kreider.

GG said that he and the other kids were too deferential to the vets but deferential was his game before he hit the NHL and it wasn't being deferential to vets it was being deferential to everybody and getting them good scoring chances in the process.

OK, but you have to give us an actual point total to enter the rep bet.

7 hours ago, Keirik said:

Your prediction for biggest jump in point total from last year on this entire roster is 12 points? 

Well.. Yeah. There's not much room for improvement in the stats department from this roster, besides from the kids. Everyone already picked Kakko and Chytil and I have zero faith in Fatso.

I'm saying a 3rd pairing D man that gets no PP time, is going to score 10 goals. Doubling his output from last season.  Neither Miller no Trouba got 10 goals last season. Fox had 12... It's a pretty decent leap for the players role. 

Edited by The Dude
  • Cheers 1

20 hours ago, The Dude said:

Well.. Yeah. There's not much room for improvement in the stats department from this roster, besides from the kids. Everyone already picked Kakko and Chytil and I have zero faith in Fatso.

I'm saying a 3rd pairing D man that gets no PP time, is going to score 10 goals. Doubling his output from last season.  Neither Miller no Trouba got 10 goals last season. Fox had 12... It's a pretty decent leap for the players role. 

I hear what you’re saying and you might be right but if Schneider doubles his goals it still only a 5 point leap alone. Was just making sure you understood the premise of the thread.  Carry on. 

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

I hear what you’re saying and you might be right but if Schneider doubles his goals it still only a 5 point leap alone. Was just making sure you understood the premise of the thread.  Carry on. 

I understand the premise. 

As @Phil said. Its not the ballsy prediction thread.

10 goals from the 3rd pairing D man (no PP time, more than Miller last year and 2 less than the Norris candidate) and a 12 point increase in points is an issue with you? There are people saying 16 point increase for Chytil (as he likely moves to the 2 C spot with Panarin) and a 18 point increase for Fox. But my uptick isn't substantial enough for you? OK man. 

Jack Nicholson Whatever GIF

Edited by The Dude

On 8/18/2023 at 4:59 PM, Phil said:

OK, but you have to give us an actual point total to enter the rep bet.

I think it's really dependent on who he plays with.  If the Rangers give him Zibanejad and a RW who can score I think he maybe goes +30 next season and starts to look like a player who belongs on line 1, maybe 24G and 45A.

That's one of the reasons I like the Rangers putting Lafreniere-Zibanejad-Wheeler on line 1 next year.  Zibanejad could use a boost also at 5v5 and Lafreniere is more likely to get him some good scoring opportunities than Kreider has the last couple of seasons.

That also lines up Panarin and Chytil and I think both would benefit from that pairing.  Not sure Kakko fits on that line because he is a possession carrier and that helps neither Panarin nor Chytil.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Edited by Br4d

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

I understand the premise. 

As @Phil said. Its not the ballsy prediction thread.

10 goals from the 3rd pairing D man (no PP time, more than Miller last year and 2 less than the Norris candidate) and a 12 point increase in points is an issue with you? There are people saying 16 point increase for Chytil (as he likely moves to the 2 C spot with Panarin) and a 18 point increase for Fox. But my uptick isn't substantial enough for you? OK man. 

Jack Nicholson Whatever GIF

Woah, slow down there. I just was asking if you understood since it seemed like you were focused more on doubling goal totals than a big leap in points. I have zero issue with your take. I assumed since you posted it, you didn't mind a discussion.  

14 hours ago, Keirik said:

Woah, slow down there. I just was asking if you understood since it seemed like you were focused more on doubling goal totals than a big leap in points. I have zero issue with your take. I assumed since you posted it, you didn't mind a discussion. 

-_-_-_-

Your prediction for biggest jump in point total from last year on this entire roster is 12 points?

Oh, considering you quoted my initial take with Wheeler, where I said it wasn't a significant enough of a jump, that you would know I do understand the premise. Nevermind your snide remark highlighted here.

I'll discuss anything. I did. You didn't. I feel that if you felt the need to pick at my post, maybe you should do the same to others. 12 point increase from the 3rd pair D men seemed laughable to you, while a few others chose similar uptick from prominent player's on the roster, yet you chose the words you did to discuss my take.. 

A player almost doubling his point and goal total and possibly leading the defensemen in goals is a decent leap. If it's not, tell me how it's not. You DID have issue with my take. Hence my response.  

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Oh, considering you quoted my initial take with Wheeler, where I said it wasn't a significant enough of a jump, that you would know I do understand the premise. Nevermind your snide remark highlighted here.

I'll discuss anything. I did. You didn't. I feel that if you felt the need to pick at my post, maybe you should do the same to others. 12 point increase from the 3rd pair D men seemed laughable to you, while a few others chose similar uptick from prominent player's on the roster, yet you chose the words you did to discuss my take.. 

A player almost doubling his point and goal total and possibly leading the defensemen in goals is a decent leap. If it's not, tell me how it's not. You DID have issue with my take. Hence my response.  

My god dude. Who peed in your cornflakes? Nevermind. You honestly think everything is an attack. Yes, I was attacking you in a rep bet. That makes sense.  I never used any words as laughable,  or meant anything in a snide way,  or did anything except ask if you really think the biggest swing in points either way was by a 3rd d pairing by 12 points. It was honestly meant as a sincere question. I have no idea how you read more into that. I thought it was kinda low since it was the lowest swing outside of Shesterkin joking predictions, so I quoted you and asked. You just as easily could have replied “ I don’t see anyone else straying too far from exactly what they produced a year ago.” Instead you went another way I guess. My bad.