• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

PS #3: Rangers vs. Devils, 7pm — MSG, MSGSN

Phil

I wouldn't get to high on the Davils just yet.  A good forecheck by the Canes last season bounced them right out of the playoffs in...

5 Games!!!!

They can be had!  I'm not scared by that defense at all...and I still think that "rookie" goalie has some holes in his game.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Keeps it 100 2

Laviolette was talking up Lafrenière.  Says he's very easy to coach.  Talks about his skill level with his hands and ability to make plays in tight places, hockey IQ..   Whether he actually means any of that... shrug. 

Hopefully he can get him going.  

I'm guessing Jones has already lost the 6 D spot. Laviolette was saying he wants to see more of Gustafsson with Schneider to see how that chemistry goes. I'd think he'd like to see Jones with him as they paired well in Hartford. 

Sounds like he's not going to mess with the PP1 unit. 

Talks about practicing PP and PK. 

Edited by The Dude

2 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Do you hate the NJD more than ISL or ISL more than NJD? 

(Inquiring minds want to know.)

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Devils for me. On a personal level. I was mercilessly bullied in high school by two devils fanatics, it went way beyond hockey and made life very hard. I even got pushed down the stairs when they won the cup in 2000-2001 just because I had a Rangers patch on my bookbag.

Even 20 years later I still get a knot in my stomach when I even see their logo.

I get bitter because I associate those bad people gettint every time they devils win.

DEVILS.

Sam's is bringing it even more with his hair game this season, shit is lookin' extra fresh! It starts past halfway!#Winning 

time to say goodbye my friend, let it gooooooooooooooo

Edited by jsrangers

1 minute ago, siddious said:

I’m not saying they’re a fast team by any means but the rangers look so much quicker on the forecheck and back check so far this preseason. 

It's like someone is telling them where to be and go on the ice dependent on the opposing teams plays. They look so much crisper and we are literally judging off the last two pre season games. 

• Bullseye 1

6 minutes ago, siddious said:

You spelled couple of weeks* wrong 

I think if the Rangers don't see Lafreniere in the top 6 coming out of camp there's a good chance he gets traded.  There's just such a log jam of LW talent in the organization at this point.  If they can stick him on the RW on line 1 or 2 and make it work they'll probably do that but if that's not looking like a thing all bets are off.  He still has some real trade value and the Rangers are down a few picks at this point because of the trade deadline renting the last couple of years.

Cuylle has likely opened some eyes in camp and if Othmann is close LW is overflowing.

1 minute ago, Br4d said:

I think if the Rangers don't see Lafreniere in the top 6 coming out of camp there's a good chance he gets traded.  There's just such a log jam of LW talent in the organization at this point.  If they can stick him on the RW on line 1 or 2 and make it work they'll probably do that but if that's not looking like a thing all bets are off.  He still has some real trade value and the Rangers are down a few picks at this point because of the trade deadline renting the last couple of years.

Cuylle has likely opened some eyes in camp and if Othmann is close LW is overflowing.

I think let em develop. Lafs value ain’t high as it is whether you trade him now or 7 months from now.

2 minutes ago, siddious said:

I think let em develop. Lafs value ain’t high as it is whether you trade him now or 7 months from now.

I think Laviolette is going to come out of camp with the guys he thinks fit best the style he wants to showcase.  If he's in sync with Lafreniere there's no problem.  If he thinks there isn't 100% attention on the ice - problem.

Othmann and Cullye have already been more noticeable than Lafreniere. It's so sickening. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the delay in signing Lafreniere was more about coaxing him to get under contract and getting into camp while they look for a trade. It's just not going to work here, because he's not a worker. 

• ALEXIS! 2
  • Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Othmann and Cullye have already been more noticeable than Lafreniere. It's so sickening. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the delay in signing Lafreniere was more about coaxing him to get under contract and getting into camp while they look for a trade. It's just not going to work here, because he's not a worker

it's early, it's only two preseason games but at a minimum there's no excuse for not coming out with your balls on fire. He literally just stood there in the corner on the last shift in the first, stood there, that part I'll never understand. But hey hopefully there's no free rides regardless of what's said in the pressers.

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

No clue why Lafreniere didn’t shoot that there. They were leaning pass, lane was there for him to walk in and shoot.

All in all, Rangers have looked dominant for most of the 2nd.

You do have a clue. It's because he stinks. He's been giving us clues that he stinks for three seasons now

• LMFAO 1