• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

PS #3: Rangers vs. Devils, 7pm — MSG, MSGSN

Phil

5 minutes ago, siddious said:

Thought the rangers out played them but the devils put more goals in. 

cuylle Othman and gustafson all looked reslly

good.

We generated more chances. Jerseys speed is gonna be an issue not only for us but for most teams. They are so quick and if you make a mistake in the neutral zone, forget it. They pounce almost instantly and you have numbers coming your way instantly.

Overall, didn’t hate the way we looked. Had some good looks. This Schmid fella is continuing his run of Hasek-like hockey against us. Brodzinski looked good; we could do worse for a plug-and-play option in Hartford. Like his speed and the fact he loves firing the puck. Gustaffson looked good, very solid addition. Good possession down low, wish more chances came of some of those stretches where we kept them pinned but again, it’s early. As I said throughout, I am concerned with Lafreniere. Don’t know what else needs to be said or done, but honestly, we’re past that. We’re past the saying and the doing. He just needs to produce. And if he isn’t going to up with 93 and 20, I really don’t know where the landing spot is for him in this lineup. He needs to show something and be better.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Applause 2

3 hours ago, BreakawayMachine said:

Devils for me. On a personal level. I was mercilessly bullied in high school by two devils fanatics, it went way beyond hockey and made life very hard. I even got pushed down the stairs when they won the cup in 2000-2001 just because I had a Rangers patch on my bookbag.

Even 20 years later I still get a knot in my stomach when I even see their logo.

I get bitter because I associate those bad people gettint every time they devils win.

Wish them the ‘runs’ right now, wherever they are. “Shit yourselves MF’ers!” 

That is one of my go-to thoughts when people have pissed me off. 

16 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’m a Laf apologist, and I want to see him prove the naysayers wrong.

But, he needs to show something. He needs to produce. Not a good showing thus far.

Not hard to imagine how a 'Success, Bust or In-Between' thread would go at this point. 

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm thinking Lafrenière ties this up. 

And…the usual…second to the corner, makes no realistic play because he’s so slow to the corner he’s not even in the play…and NJ clears it and scores…maybe he was tying his skates?  That’s the only tying up I see him doing.

• ALEXIS! 1

8 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

We generated more chances. Jerseys speed is gonna be an issue not only for us but for most teams. They are so quick and if you make a mistake in the neutral zone, forget it. They pounce almost instantly and you have numbers coming your way instantly.

Overall, didn’t hate the way we looked. Had some good looks. This Schmid fella is continuing his run of Hasek-like hockey against us. Brodzinski looked good; we could worse for a plug-and-play option in Hartford. Like his speed and the fact he loves firing the puck. Gustaffson looked good, very solid addition. Good possession down low, wish more chances came of some of those stretches where we kept them pinned but again, it’s early. As I said throughout, I am concerned with Lafreniere. Don’t know what else needs to be said or done, but honestly, we’re past that. We’re past the saying and the doing. He just needs to produce. And if he isn’t going to up with 93 and 20, I really don’t know where the landing spot is for him in this lineup. He needs to show something and be better.

Itooka Schitt is gonna be a rangers killer for years, I just know it. 

too many odd man rushes against but the rest of the game was in the devils zone. Rangers have to figure out how to score on them. 

I thought Jones had a good showing offensively tonight. May have gained some traction for sticking with the team.  

Gustavsson was a shooting machine and I thought he looked real good. 

Schneider is so damn under rated. 

Brodzinski was flying.  Had lots of opportunities. 

Miller was kinda meh. 

Wheeler is going to be solid. When he's out there, I feel like he is just going to always do the right thing. 

Kakko continues to control the puck like a stud. Just needs to start heading towards the net in a straight line. 

Cuylle can hit and skate, but I'm not seeing much else at the moment. Feel like he struggles with decision making when he has the puck. May need linemates that match his style more. Kinda like how I feel Goodrow plays much better when he's with like minded players. 

Kreider was meh. Zibby too. 

Fox is Fox. 

Is Bonino a lock for the roster? Not feeling it. 

Othmann had another steady game where he was noticeable.  Didn't notice him out there much in the 3rd until after the ENG. Obviously I think he would have a better impact on the PP than Lafrenière. 

Lafrenière. Another F. That's 2 invisible games. He had that little scuffle after the whistle,  which was good to see a bit of fire.... but that was it. I think the pressure is massive on his shoulders right now.

There's more and more talk about the need for more from him and I really don't think he was ready for it to be so in his face. Brooks in todays day time presser, asking Laviolette is he saw anything that told him "this was a 1st overall" isnt where I expected the media to go. Even on day one of camp when someone asked Lafrenière if he thought he could improve on last season. Lafrenières face was like "w.-w-w-wwhat? Improve? Me???"

Maybe he needs to go to Montreal where everyone will fawn over him. He doesn't look comfortable here. Like at all. I'm starting to feel bad for him. Snap out of it kid. 

Othmann- 2

Lafrenière-0

Edited by The Dude

17 minutes ago, siddious said:

Itooka Schitt is gonna be a rangers killer for years, I just know it. 

too many odd man rushes against but the rest of the game was in the devils zone. Rangers have to figure out how to score on them. 

Just run him over a few times. Gotta get to him somehow.