• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

PS #3: Rangers vs. Devils, 7pm — MSG, MSGSN

Phil

4 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Honestly, I was discussing an isolated point about how a fringe player being impressive in preseason is not indicative that they'll perform well in the regular season. I didn't say it was the be all end all.

Cuylle looks like he belongs. Physical but also with enough skill to take a regular shift in the bottom-6. Not playing scared like he did in his call-up last season.

Othmann looks like he can take a regular shift. I still don't think there's any point in rushing him with as tight a roster as we have. Let him get first line minutes in the AHL. If we need a recent example of why it helps, see Cuylle above.

I don't see all the hubbub with Rempe. Outside of being 6'7" he doesn't offer much. Emberson and Hollowell look like they could be a 6/7 D in a pinch if we have major injuries. Sykora looks solid but still isn't ready.

I'm fine being positive, but I also believe in being realistic. Being realistic isn't being negative.

I hear you. Good post.

There are plenty of players who earn spots and roles in preseason. I just don't see the need to look at players who are standing out and say "it doesn't mean anything". I think it means a lot, to them.

There's a lot of players who should be standing out and aren't, like Laugh. That's also very telling.

If players are having success it should be celebrated, not downplayed by butt hurt fans. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I don't care about what it means to the players, so that's a goal post shift. The point made was that preseason is indicative of what happens in the regular season as if it's normal.

The bold is not good enough. Once in a blue moon yes and overwhelmingly most of the time no is more realistic.

When you say you don't care about what it means to players you continue to show how little you understand about the sport. Or any sport for that matter. 

• Phil unpinned this topic
3 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Super witty rebuttal lmao

It wasn't meant to be witty, it's an observation. 

As a "fan" I'm not exactly sure why you wouldn't just be happy about a player's success whether it's in preseason or not.

But then again, I'm not actually convinced you're a Ranger fan, and that point just gets more reinforced with every post. 

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

It wasn't meant to be witty, it's an observation. 

As a "fan" I'm not exactly sure why you wouldn't just be happy about a player's success whether it's in preseason or not.

But then again, I'm not actually convinced you're a Ranger fan, and that point just gets more reinforced with every post. 

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

3 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I don't think making the playoffs is a guarantee, so joke's on you.

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

Of course you don't, and that says a lot lol. 

Any team with Shesty, Kreider, Mika, Panarin, Fox and Miller is capable of making the playoffs. 

17 minutes ago, Pete said:

Of course you don't, and that says a lot lol. 

Any team with Shesty, Kreider, Mika, Panarin, Fox and Miller is capable of making the playoffs. 

Do you really need me to point out that "guaranteed to make" and "capable of making" are not equivalent? Are you stooping that low? Is it your day off or is Yahoo paying you big $ to cry about Brooksy having a different opinion than you on how much preseason means, or that the playoffs are not guaranteed?

5 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Do you really need me to point out that "guaranteed to make" and "capable of making" are not equivalent? Are you stooping that low? Is it your day off or is Yahoo paying you big $ to cry about Brooksy having a different opinion than you on how much preseason means, or that the playoffs are not guaranteed?

I'm pointing out your horrific takes, as usual. You've said before that you have them missing the playoffs. Are you walking that back, or couching it with "not guaranteed"? Because it was a brutal take the first time you said it.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Must have been your alter ego. I can't tell the difference with all the Panarin whining, you sound the same.

You think being tough on a $12M player equates to not being a fan. I'd like to see you logically connect the dots on that one.

I can logically connect the dots quite easily between being a homer and being unable to take criticism about a favorite player.

38 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

You think being tough on a $12M player equates to not being a fan. I'd like to see you logically connect the dots on that one.

I can logically connect the dots quite easily between being a homer and being unable to take criticism about a favorite player.

Panarin isn't my favorite player. 

I don't see how you can call me a homer when for 2 years I've been saying the team is not as good as its record, it was all smoke and mirrors aka Shesty and a PP, which turned out to be the case at the end now didn't it?

You on the other hand think the vet players are bad, all the management is bad, and you're a stan for the laziest forward on the team and have actively lobbied for him to take the ice time of the most productive forward on the team. 

You're clearly either a troll or doing your best impersonation of one. 

Edited by Pete

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Panarin isn't my favorite player. 

I don't see how you can call me a homer when for 2 years I've been saying the team is not as good as its record, it was all smoke and mirrors aka Shesty and a PP, which turned out to be the case at the end now didn't it?

You on the other hand think the vet players are bad, all the management is bad, and you're a stan for the laziest forward on the team and have actively lobbied for him to take the ice time of the most productive forward on the team. 

You're clearly either a troll or doing your best impersonation of one. 

Everyone knew that the team’s strengths were Shesterkin and the PP. So what’s the problem with heavily critiquing the stars for not performing on said PP when it counts? What’s the problem with saying they might not actually be reliable to get it done consistently enough when it counts?

I said I don’t think the vet players are good enough, or at least the right mix. That doesn’t mean I think they are bad. I do enjoy that you have to resort to constructing a false narrative about what I’ve said in order to “win” a hockey debate on the internet. Weak.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • JIMMY! 1

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Everyone knew that the team’s strengths were Shesterkin and the PP. So what’s the problem with heavily critiquing the stars for not performing on said PP when it counts? What’s the problem with saying they might not actually be reliable to get it done consistently enough when it counts?

I said I don’t think the vet players are good enough, or at least the right mix. That doesn’t mean I think they are bad. I do enjoy that you have to resort to constructing a false narrative about what I’ve said in order to “win” a hockey debate on the internet. Weak.

That's some real revisionist history and spin you've got going. Not worth the time to answer. You're wrong, you know it, we all know it.