• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #3] Rangers vs. Arizona Coyotes — Cuylle, Cooley, Coolio

Phil

It sure wasn't pretty but I have to say, in the 52 years I've been going to MSG to watch the Rangers, it's hard to remember a game that had so much in it for a 2-1 game!

Great job by Shesty stopping the Penalty shot.  The crown went fucking ape-shit after that one!  It looked to me like after we killed the 5 on 3, we really picked it up a bit. 

The crowd was really loud last night; Trouba got the best response of the night, followed closely by Zibby and Igor....and here are the Top 12 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Everlast, official in-ring gear for over a century.

13 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Did they have to pipe in cheering for Quick? 😝

12 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

My kid cheering for "the sandwich man" was by far the highlight of the game so far for me.

12 hours ago, Dem said:

Awesome!! I remember when my oldest daughter was around 4 we were on line at the supermarket and a guy w a devil's sweater gets in line behind us. My daughter shouts "look daddy the poo poo devils". I was a proud dad that day

12 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

That ref works for Putin. 

12 hours ago, Keirik said:

Listening to Chytil talk about getting pucks on net is as brutal as the refereeing 

11 hours ago, Dem said:

But on the good side I've learned of 75 new prescription drugs that may lead to death since the end of the period

11 hours ago, siddious said:

I want cuylle to score so we can get a “our Cuylle is better” chant going 

11 hours ago, Bugg said:

You got a 5 on 3 for nothing, shut the fuck up, Dumba. And your coach shops for purple blazers at Goodwill. 

11 hours ago, Karan said:

He's probably just fired up playing in an actual arena instead of a backyard rink.

11 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Say what you like but Chytil could stick handle around three guys in a broom closet. 

11 hours ago, Pete said:

Trouba decided he needed to throw something earlier this season, so he tossed Dumba. 

10 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Steve Valiquette looking like he’s auditioning for a spot on Ron Burgundy’s news team with that suit. 

I did manage to get on MSG TV last night, which was pretty cool!  And @The Dude, they opened the doors at 6pm, but security had everyone filing into only 2 entrances on the 7th ave. side and it took about 25 minutes to get in.  Luckily we were there early and on line right in front of some camera man for MSG!

The officiating was absolutely fucking woeful last night, and the crowd let them have it before the 3rd period started, before the teams came back out.  They got the serenade of a lifetime; even saw Kelly Sutherland shrug his shoulders to the crowd.  Some lady even gave him the finger.  Priceless!

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Pete who pretty much had it summed up.  Trouba, for as much shit as I give him about costing too much, really played well last night.  He had some huge blocks all game and rag dolled Dumba like he was a piece of shit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I really hate some fans, amazing how one fan can really ruin the enjoyment of being at a game.  It was like I had Peter Laviolette behind me the entire night, dude was fucking "coaching" the entire game....."across", "take the body", "pinch, pinch, pinch", "take the man to the outside", "you're playing too low, get up top and pressure"  etc.....ALL FUCKING NIGHT, NONSTOP!!!!  Just shut the fuck up and watch the game, and if you talk, don't talk loud enough for the entire section to hear you unless you're chanting Lets Go Rangers.  Then its the dipshits w/ the Potvin Sucks chants that never end.    

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

I really hate some fans, amazing how one fan can really ruin the enjoyment of being at a game.  It was like I had Peter Laviolette behind me the entire night, dude was fucking "coaching" the entire game....."across", "take the body", "pinch, pinch, pinch", "take the man to the outside", "you're playing too low, get up top and pressure"  etc.....ALL FUCKING NIGHT, NONSTOP!!!!  Just shut the fuck up and watch the game, and if you talk, don't talk loud enough for the entire section to hear you unless you're chanting Lets Go Rangers.  Then its the dipshits w/ the Potvin Sucks chants that never end.    

My big thing is "SHOOT IT!"... That's the epitome of my coaching from the crowd.  Oh yeah, and "Oh shit that was close!!".

Fun game though huh, Blue?  I think I saw a guy with 4 extra tee shirts and 4 glow bracelets!  LOL

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

My big thing is "SHOOT IT!"... That's the epitome of my coaching from the crowd.  Oh yeah, and "Oh shit that was close!!".

Fun game though huh, Blue?  I think I saw a guy with 4 extra tee shirts and 4 glow bracelets!  LOL

The dude behind me wanted I think maybe Lafraniere to pass the puck across the ice through 3 guys to Zibanejad.....i'm like WTF.....then the dude screaming shoot, guy shoots, and then he says, WTF, you shot it right into your own guy.  

Yeah it was fun despite that shit.....John Brancy set the tone w/ the national anthem.  crowd went wild when the dude won the car during the first intermission.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

The dude behind me wanted I think maybe Lafraniere to pass the puck across the ice through 3 guys to Zibanejad.....i'm like WTF.....then the dude screaming shoot, guy shoots, and then he says, WTF, you shot it right into your own guy.  

Yeah it was fun despite that shit.....John Brancy set the tone w/ the national anthem.  crowd went wild when the dude won the car during the first intermission.  

Yeah that was crazy!!  I wouldda jumped in the car and took it for a lap!!  LOL

The Graves and Henrik charity was pretty awesome.  Hank always gets the loudest chants!!!

• Phil unpinned this topic
3 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

We really gotta retire Potvin Sucks. Customize it to the opponent or just come up with something that feels more relevant. This was an injury during the fucking Carter administration.

• Applause 3
  • Keeps it 100 3

8 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

It's so quiet on here today you would think we lost last night.

There’s not much to complain about LOL

Rangers are adapting to a new system and the glimpses of what we’ve seen thus far gives fans a lot to be excited about. We can expect the process to be bumpy, but there’s lots of improvements to be happy about. 

I’m just happy to see the days of pond hockey are over. They still have tendencies to get too cute from time to time but a balance will come. 

It looks like we're still a work in progress.  We probably will be for a few more weeks.  I was watching the play away from the puck, and some of the guys were hesitant on when to line up, or even where to line up when they employed the 1-3-1.

There was a lot of pointing as to where to go and who was to cover whom.  K' Andre looked like he didn't know who to switch with on 2 of the plays he got beat on.  That penalty he took I thought was because he didn't get to his part of the ice in time, but there was another player (couldn't see who) who had a better chance at switching with him. 

I dunno...just kinda what I took from it.

One thing is for sure though.  We need to shoot the puck at the net more.  Good god!  How many chances we had to get it to the net with Kreider in front.  Fox is the main culprit.  They have to know he's not shooting.

We'll get there.  It looks like we have a plan, and we definitely have the talent to execute what Lavvy is pushing.  Side note:  Panarin looks like he wants it bad....fucking guy was all over the place last night.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

30 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

We really gotta retire Potvin Sucks. Customize it to the opponent or just come up with something that feels more relevant. This was an injury during the fucking Carter administration.

Yeah that shit's gotta go!  When I was a kid I used to whistle it with the guy in section 414...But that was back in 1979!  It's so cringe-worthy now!  I just shake my head at some of the guys that were doing it last night, and I could tell they probably wouldn't know Denis Potvin if they fell over him!  They were kids in their 20's!

I watched that game on TV, and I still didn't think anything terrible happened.  Ulf Nilsson fell down in the corner after a hit....matter of fact, I think Scott Stevens has made WAY worse hits in his career, or need I mention PK Subban?  Trouba had some questionable hits as well, and this one's terrible??  I'm not so sure.

We were pissed that Ulfie got smoked for the season, and we needed him back then, especially against what turned out to be a fabulous Canadiens team.  So I get the anger, but to carry it 44 years later?  I think it's high time that shit sails!

For those of you who never saw it, take a peek, and see what you think:

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah that shit's gotta go!  When I was a kid I used to whistle it with the guy in section 414...But that was back in 1979!  It's so cringe-worthy now!  I just shake my head at some of the guys that were doing it last night, and I could tell they probably wouldn't know Denis Potvin if they fell over him!  They were kids in their 20's!

I watched that game on TV, and I still didn't think anything terrible happened.  Ulf Nilsson fell down in the corner after a hit....matter of fact, I think Scott Stevens has made WAY worse hits in his career, or need I mention PK Subban?  Trouba had some questionable hits as well, and this one's terrible??  I'm not so sure.

We were pissed that Ulfie got smoked for the season, and we needed him back then, especially against what turned out to be a fabulous Canadiens team.  So I get the anger, but to carry it 44 years later?  I think it's high time that shit sails!

For those of you who never saw it, take a peek, and see what you think:

Maybe they should chant GARDEN ICE SUCKS!  Nilsson skate got stuck in a rut w/ the hit.  

• VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

7 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I was thinking the same thing. They should allow the option for a penalty shot or a PP.

I said the same thing to the guy next to me at the game;  told him I'd put Superman against anyone not named Gretzky!

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Oh yeah, FWIW, it's a completely legal and clean hit lol. I don't think anyone's arguing that lol

@Ozzy

34 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Maybe they should chant GARDEN ICE SUCKS!  Nilsson skate got stuck in a rut w/ the hit.  

Lemieux's hit on Draper was WAY worse, I think.  This one was the Garden ice for sure.  Even Nilsson years later said it wasn't a bad hit, and that he got his skate twisted on the ice.

Not that I'm giving the Isles a pass here, I still hate those fuckers...but all I'm saying is I've seen a lot worse than that since.

6 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Think it's become a joke that even Denis Potvin and Ulf Nilsson don't  take very seriously. Went to a group outing at MSG with a bunch of pals, one guy, an Islanders fan, wore his Potvin jersey. Was a big laugh, nothing more. Heck, Potvin was selling socks off it for a while. It's lost any bite a while ago.

On 10/16/2023 at 8:37 PM, fletch said:

Sixty minutes of solid effort still a problem for us.

I totally agree.  Came to this site from one of the other message boards( the one with 2 letters identifying it) where I made this exact point and got ripped apart for it.  Nice to be in this group that seems to have a totally different feel and clearly an honest perspective on the needs of the team.  

60 minute efforts don’t just pop out of thin air in the playoffs- they need to be developed throughout the season and it would be nice to see more consistent total games from this team so the playoffs will feel and look different for the Rangers.

• VINNY! 1

1 hour ago, JHS said:

I totally agree.  Came to this site from one of the other message boards( the one with 2 letters identifying it) where I made this exact point and got ripped apart for it.  Nice to be in this group that seems to have a totally different feel and clearly an honest perspective on the needs of the team.  

60 minute efforts don’t just pop out of thin air in the playoffs- they need to be developed throughout the season and it would be nice to see more consistent total games from this team so the playoffs will feel and look different for the Rangers.

Hf boards could very easily be one of the worst places on the internet. Welcome. 

• Applause 1

2 hours ago, JHS said:

You're in the right place now!  Welcome aboard to probably the coolest neighborhood of Rangers fans around! 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

You're in the right place now!  Welcome aboard to probably the coolest neighborhood of Rangers fans around! 

Thanks!  Yeah the vibe around here seems to be much chiller which is nice!

More importantly, really hoping for another good game vs Nashville and for a great Ranger season.  We are pretty fortunate to have a team that’s contending again a few seasons in a row!