• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Paying Attention to Patrick Kane; Sike! No, They Aren't

Phil

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

With Kakko not producing points and Wheeler being next to useless, I have to imagine there is, at the very least, chatter between Kane and the Rangers about a reunion.

I don’t think we’d be hearing this much talk if there wasn’t,

It can’t be just speculation.

Gotta be something there.

2 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Could've sworn after a certain date, a UFA is a) not eligible to be on the playoff roster and b) needs to clear through waivers. I could be mistaken though and I'm not seeing the rule while researching.

2 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

There might be something like that, but I’m not aware of it. 

You guys might be thinking of the 12/1 restriction for RFAs (RFA must be signed by 12/1 in order to play this season, aka holdouts), but I do not believe there are any restrictions put in place for UFAs. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

With Kakko not producing points and Wheeler being next to useless, I have to imagine there is, at the very least, chatter between Kane and the Rangers about a reunion.

Seriously, the last thing the Rangers need to do here is bring in another RW who might well be hampered to the point of invisibility.

If the Rangers make a move for a RW they need him to be a guy who can slot in to the top 6 and not be a hindrance in that role.

Apparently Seravelli on the Daily Faceoff livestream was talking about Kane, and was saying how the expectation is he will narrow his list down within the week. Buffalo and the Rangers were mentioned specifically, and that if he is after money, Buffalo could be the likely option. But if he is looking to win, the Rangers are the likely option. Answer is expected within the next 2 weeks.

I don’t think it strays if we’re handicapping it from afar, very far from the list we gave you a month where we listed the New York Rangers, Buffalo Sabres, and Detroit Red Wings.

I think internally, there’s probably a bit of Kane that thinks he disappointed the Rangers last year and would like to see what that looks like, I think all those teams remain squarely in the mix.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/patrick-kane-could-have-nhl-team-shortlist-determined-soon/amp

Edited by RichieNextel305

He was pretty adamant about playing for a contender, and that's not Buffalo right now. I'm sure the Rangers want him back and they'll do what they need to do. I'm not saying he'll take a huge discount, but he is coming off major surgery so money-wise, I don't think he should be that stingy on dollar amount at this stage.

29 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Patrick Kane is listed on the Rangers roster on Sportsnet under injuries. Odd.

I wouldn't read too much into that. The Rangers were the last team he played for, and he's injured. That's simply an export of a database. 

And why are you even looking there lol? 

14 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Honestly good for him. I felt he got wayyy too much heat for every little thing here. 

He got trucked a few times last year and even kinda cheap shotted by Hedman early on.

He definitely had an entitlement issue,  but the skill was always very visible. GG did him no favors by shuffling him all over the lineup and demanding to see more body checks from his lanky finesse prospect. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Honestly good for him. I felt he got wayyy too much heat for every little thing here. 

He got trucked a few times last year and even kinda cheap shotted by Hedman early on.

He definitely had an entitlement issue,  but the skill was always very visible. GG did him no favors by shuffling him all over the lineup and demanding to see more body checks from his lanky finesse prospect. 

Vancouver still owns his rights, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious if he'd click with the current coaching staff. Hit and miss. They look to be hitting it off with Lafreniere, missing on Kakko. Maybe Kravtsov would / would have swung Laffy's way...

Rangers are not in the Patrick Kane sweepstakes this time around

Patrick Kane is expected to sign as a free agent by Thanksgiving, but The Post has been told that No. 88 will not be returning for a Broadway encore.

The Rangers, according to well-placed industry sources, have never been in the mix for the right wing who will turn 35 on Sunday and has been skating on his own in Toronto for approximately the last six weeks after undergoing hip resurfacing surgery on June 1.

The Maple Leafs, Panthers, Sabres, Red Wings, Stars and Lightning are believed among the interested parties who will meet with Kane over the next week.

It is unknown whether the winger is seeking a multi-year deal or is alternatively looking for a one-year reset for a modest fee.

https://nypost.com/2023/11/14/sports/rangers-not-in-the-patrick-kane-sweepstakes-this-time-around/

• Applause 1