• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #7] Rangers at Edmonton Oilers — Oil Spill

Drew a Penalty

How about Quick? If he's solid, that's an incredible difference. Early days, but so far so good.

And Laf continues to serve up the humble pie.

This was an entirely unspectacular, taking care of business, in control kind of win and it's exactly what I've wanted to see out of this team for 2+ years. There was a good bit of it in 21-22, but much harder to find under Gallant year 2. So far so good. Gimme more!

Nice work by Quick, Panarin, Fox and Laughy along with some others. Keep up the good work chubby👏

We should start a gofundme so Chytil can go buy a goal. 

Give him credit for shooting it into the goalie off the great Laugh feed on the 2 on 1 when over 80%, of the net was open. spacer.png

Edited by jsrangers
  • Applause 1

6 hours ago, jsrangers said:

Nice work by Quick, Panarin, Fox and Laughy along with some others. Keep up the good work chubby👏

We should start a gofundme so Chytil can go buy a goal. 

Give him credit for shooting it into the goalie off the great Laugh feed on the 2 on 1 when over 80%, of the net was open. spacer.png

You are not allowed to give any credit to Laf. You must go back to laf hating

• ALEXIS! 1

That was a nice feed by Panarin on Laffy’s goal, but check out Laffy’s positioning. This is one of his strengths. He knows where to go on the ice to be available for scoring chances. He stopped on a dime because he knew where the lane was going to open up, and he knew Panarin would find it too.

• Like 1
  • JIMMY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Very inspiring win, and who was that guy in goal???  Kinda looked like 2014 all over again!

Just a sound victory for the boys, with Laffy ringing the bell yet again!  Some pretty good defensive work, and some great back pressure from the forwards to basically snuff out a lifeless Oilers team.

...and here are the Top 8 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Quick...no, not the old chocolate drink.  The 4x6 brick wall that played in goal last night!

11 hours ago, Br4d said:

Fartbusters.  They'd sell one to every NHL fan under 15.

11 hours ago, Karan said:

Incredible, Laffy's actually skating faster than McDavid tonight.

11 hours ago, Keirik said:

Between laf and now Cuylle, you're too worried about what guys are ingesting 😛

10 hours ago, mbob said:

All it took was Coach #3 OA

10 hours ago, siddious said:

Quick has been good.

also fuck the kings 

10 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Evander Kane. Still a jerkoff.

10 hours ago, Bugg said:

Yukon cutting back to only 1 pack of Marlboro reds a day is working wonderfully. 

9 hours ago, siddious said:

I’m gonna say it.. quick is better than shesterkin…….. at English 

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @siddious Pete! 

I was kinda blown away at Quick's positioning all night.  He looked very "on top of his game" all night.  There were some pretty tough saves in there as well, especially when Hyman walked in all alone! 

If he can give us 25 solid games, we're going to be in great shape come playoff time!

Onward to Vancouver and yet another 10pm start.  I think I'm starting to like these late night games.  Although it's probably going to take about 2 weeks to get used to a 7pm start when we get back home!!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

That was a nice feed by Panarin on Laffy’s goal, but check out Laffy’s positioning. This is one of his strengths. He knows where to go on the ice to be available for scoring chances. He stopped on a dime because he knew where the lane was going to open up, and he knew Panarin would find it too.

He's still a kid too.  Second youngest player on the team after Cuylle and only 4 months older than him.

If he's really finding it at this point we've got a lot to look forward too.  He's the same age right now that Kreider was during his cup of coffee in '12-13.

14 minutes ago, siddious said:

Quick was great. Edmonton should have had at least 2 goals that game.

Excuse me while I go puke now.

I was watching some of those flurries in our zone with one eye, through my fingers at a few points early.  But Quick looked like.....well,  ....Quick from yesteryear!

His positioning was pretty perfect all night, and he made some stops that were Igor-like.

• Keeps it 100 1

14 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I was watching some of those flurries in our zone with one eye, through my fingers at a few points early.  But Quick looked like.....well,  ....Quick from yesteryear!

His positioning was pretty perfect all night, and he made some stops that were Igor-like.

Is Benoit Allaire not the greatest goalie coach of all time?

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • VINNY! 1

These rules are so fucking dumb. "Redirecting the puck is allowed, but not kicking it." Wtf is the difference really? Stone is definitely kicking that puck, but he's also "redirecting it" towards the goal. Why the fuck is that allowed? Cuylle with his back to the goal and not even looking at the puck is somehow kicking it? Makes no fucking sense.

Anyway - Nice to see Quick with a good game, that's important for him and this team.

And this west coast trip needs to end asap because I want to watch some hockey too. 4am starts is a bit too much.

• Keeps it 100 1

42 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

He's a post-hugger.  Makes up for aging reflexes by never being out of position.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Br4d said:

He's a post-hugger.  Makes up for aging reflexes by never being out of position.

Stayed in the blue all night, and never chased anything.  Let the game come to him.  All good stuff.

I'm no goalie expert by any means, maybe @Pete could give some better input, but he made it look pretty easy last night, and didn't fight it at any point in the game.

Oh by the way, I don't even wanna get started on the disallowed goal for the kid.  I was looking for that replay that @RichieNextel305, and @Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc posted (thanks guys!) only to show how fucking stupid the "kick in" rule can be.

There simply has to be more clarification on that rule, because they fuck that call up on an "as needed" basis.

No way that was kicked in on purpose!  No way!

• Keeps it 100 1

I knew the goal was going to get disallowed as soon as the refs took more than a few secs looking at it.

It was a relatively unimportant goal, with the Rangers up three at the time, and the game was in Edmonton.  The home team is always going to get the benefit of the doubt when the goal appears to be less consequential.