• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Adam Fox Out Likely 2–4 Weeks With Lower-body Injury; Placed on LTIR

Phil

1 minute ago, RangerDanger said:

When Fox comes back, knowing how serviceable Gus has been filling in, do you shake up the defensive pairings? Do you keep Fox/Lindgren, but maybe look at Gus on the 2nd pair? Or do you keep him 3rd pair with Schneider & lessen his TOI? I know it's recency bias, but he's looked more than good filling in, almost seems a waste on the 3rd pair.

Just looking for opinions really.

Right back to square 1 for me.

Lindy/Fox

Miller/Trouba

Gus/Scheider

That D combo is pretty damn snazzy!

• Keeps it 100 2

4 minutes ago, RangerDanger said:

When Fox comes back, knowing how serviceable Gus has been filling in, do you shake up the defensive pairings? Do you keep Fox/Lindgren, but maybe look at Gus on the 2nd pair? Or do you keep him 3rd pair with Schneider & lessen his TOI? I know it's recency bias, but he's looked more than good filling in, almost seems a waste on the 3rd pair.

Just looking for opinions really.

Can he play RW?

• LOL 1
  • Believe 1

10 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

A Miller/Schneider pairing scares the shit out of me.   Almost as much as the Jones/Schneider pair does.

I still want to know what happened to the untouchable in a trade Schneider.

Yeah, man. He's really regressed. Kind of sucks because I was very high on him. Not that he can't settle down and be dependable, but still kind of worried.

23 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Schneider has been inconsistent with everyone he's been paired with, not that Jones helps.   He probably looked best when paired with Harpur.  

He's always paired with the teams least reliable D. Not a great spot to land in. He's still just 22, defenseman take longer. 

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

16 hours ago, Pete said:

He's always paired with the teams least reliable D. Not a great spot to land in. He's still just 22, defenseman take longer. 

This. There’s 2 guys on this team where you gotta just let them go through the motions. Miller and Schneider. I’m confident both these guys have great careers ahead of them. 

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, siddious said:

This. There’s 2 guys on this team where you gotta just let them go through the motions. Miller and Schneider. I’m confident both these guys have great careers ahead of them. 

Absolutely.

While the gaffes and such have occurred and will continue to, we’ve also seen plenty of good things and growth from those 2. 

• Believe 1

18 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Best he ever looked was when Fox got hurt and they paired him with Lindgren for a few games a few seasons ago

As previously discussed, I would look good paired with lindgren for a few games. This player is easily the most underrated defenseman in the nhl. 

• Keeps it 100 1

55 minutes ago, siddious said:

Well, maybe don’t say that out loud before he signs a contract

To actually speak about that…

Truth be told, He’s so good and so important to them.

They need to keep him around. They really would find it difficult to replace him.

And despite the anxiety you feel about him as he ages, he’s still only 25 going on 26. He’s RFA this summer.

Not UFA.

He’s got arbitration rights this summer.

Full UFA would be July of ‘25.

And he’s clearly a Ranger and a guy you want to keep around.

And both sides want to get a deal done.

You can certainly give him 5-7 seasons.

6 is probably the sweet spot.

He’s making $3 million.

If you keep his cap number in the 5’s, you’re good with 6 years of that on a 26 year old.

And he gets $30+ million over 6 years of guaranteed paydays.

Edited by RangersIn7

3 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

To actually speak about that…

Truth be told, He’s so good and so important to them.

They need to keep him around. They really would find it difficult to replace him.

And despite the anxiety you feel about him as he ages, he’s still only 25 going on 26. He’s RFA this summer.

Not UFA.

He’s got arbitration rights this summer.

Full UFA would be July of ‘25.

And he’s clearly a Ranger and a guy you want to keep around.

And both sides want to get a deal done.

You can certainly give him 5-7 seasons.

6 is probably the sweet spot.

He’s making $3 million.

If you keep his cap number in the 5’s, you’re good with 6 years of that on a 26 year old.

I had to verify via google that he’s indeed 25. Seems like he’s been on the team a decade already.

I have no issue with any of that. 

4 minutes ago, siddious said:

I had to verify via google that he’s indeed 25. Seems like he’s been on the team a decade already.

I have no issue with any of that. 

To be honest… if they went to 7 years on him, and could keep it around $40 million total, that’s probably workable too.

Granted I’d prefer no more than 6. 

But I think the deal will be a good one for both parties.

I think this one won’t be an issue.

22 hours ago, Pete said:

Also the guys he is playing behind are both kind of unique and very good at what they do.  It's easy for Schneider to kind of pale by comparison even if he's playing fairly well, which he is.