• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#13) Rangers vs. Minnesota Wild — Let's Run it Back

High and Wide

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

They had to play Louie Louie last night at some point!  I was listening for it, but I didn't catch it!  He robbed Zucc twice...that glove save in the 2nd, and that pad save in the 3rd!!  ....I dare say, Igor-esque!

That glove save was awesome!!

• The Chyt! 1

3 minutes ago, Dem said:

That glove save was awesome!!

How do you NOT feel good for the guy!  In his postgame he mentioned that he wished his kids were there to see it.  ....gotta root for a dude like that!  Hopefully he can catch on someplace as a backup and stay in the NHL after this season.

...Hey Edmonton!!  Over here!!!!  LOL

• Like 1
  • CK20! 1

I'm seeing some additions to the lineup this year that has added some playoff grit. This team is a bit more ornery this year. I like it.

I think Wheeler is one of them to be honest. Don't know if it will work, if he has ANY legs by then. If we get there I think that will be his moment w this team. Have a feeling post season the engine will start. At least that's my hope.

32 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

They had to play Louie Louie last night at some point!  I was listening for it, but I didn't catch it!  He robbed Zucc twice...that glove save in the 2nd, and that pad save in the 3rd!!  ....I dare say, Igor-esque!

Not sure who it was on, but he made a pad save in the 3rd when he was still looking behind the net.  Pure genius.

Edited by RJWantsTheCup

1 minute ago, Dem said:

I'm seeing some additions to the lineup this year that has added some playoff grit. This team is a bit more ornery this year. I like it.

I think Wheeler is one of them to be honest. Don't know if it will work, if he has ANY legs by then. If we get there I think that will be his moment w this team. Have a feeling post season the engine will start. At least that's my hope.

Did you catch Goodrow's little outburst of nasty?  That's a big reason that guy is pure gold.  Tough as nails, and when you need a guy to step up, or step ON some team, that's a guy we'll need. 

He hit that guy so hard I think his kids are going to be born dizzy!

• LMFAO 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

You know, I can't even be greedy with Domingue.  I hope to see him get picked up by an NHL team.  He's a very likable sort, and they raved about how the team really likes him.  He did a superb job last night, and he's one of those guys you just feel good rooting for.

Here's hoping he finds an NHL home when he can play and be successful!

Happy Hour Sport GIF by US Open

13 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Igor actually has the lowest save % of our three goalies. We should sell while his value is still high.

Lol I know this is tongue in cheek but keeping or not keeping Igor is a decision they have to make in probably 12 months or less. Extend or trade. They can’t let him walk for free in 18 months.

39 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Lol I know this is tongue in cheek but keeping or not keeping Igor is a decision they have to make in probably 12 months or less. Extend or trade. They can’t let him walk for free in 18 months.

This decision is going to come down to whether the Rangers win the cup this year or not.

If they win the cup he'll be an indispensable part of a cup-winning team and they'll re-sign him whatever the cost.

If they don't win the cup he'll be the best part of a team striving for a cup and they'll re-sign him whatever the cost.

See how that works?  🙂

• Bullseye 2

23 minutes ago, Br4d said:

This decision is going to come down to whether the Rangers win the cup this year or not.

If they win the cup he'll be an indispensable part of a cup-winning team and they'll re-sign him whatever the cost.

If they don't win the cup he'll be the best part of a team striving for a cup and they'll re-sign him whatever the cost.

See how that works?  🙂

Sadly, you are right. They'll give him $10-11M a year and we'll have to like it no matter the optics.

Much easier to take if it's under the conditions of scenario A though 😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Did you catch Goodrow's little outburst of nasty?  That's a big reason that guy is pure gold.  Tough as nails, and when you need a guy to step up, or step ON some team, that's a guy we'll need. 

He hit that guy so hard I think his kids are going to be born dizzy!

He's up next for the  Zibanejad/Kreider RW gig if Wheeler doesn't work out.  If he plays with that energy he may be worth holding on to. 

I don't get why Laviolette has Bonino filling in as the 3C. I love his defensive game and ability on faceoffs, but he shouldn't be playing up the lineup.

Goodrow should be. Cuylle- Goodrow- Kakko would be a better combination for the 2 young wings. Bonino brings nothing offensively anymore. Chytil can't get back quick enough to put the centers back where they belong. In the meantime they really should be pushing Goodrow up to 3C. Not Bonino. 

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Texas Reaction GIF by Black Rifle Coffee Company

Not even a mention for the Ozzy awards. 

Sadface 

I thought it was borderline, especially for you.  You usually have some funny stuff...I haven't been very lenient this season.  LOL

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

He's up next for the  Zibanejad/Kreider RW gig if Wheeler doesn't work out.  If he plays with that energy he may be worth holding on to. 

I don't get why Laviolette has Bonino filling in as the 3C. I love his defensive game and ability on faceoffs, but he shouldn't be playing up the lineup.

Goodrow should be. Cuylle- Goodrow- Kakko would be a better combination for the 2 young wings. Bonino brings nothing offensively anymore. Chytil can't get back quick enough to put the centers back where they belong. In the meantime they really should be pushing Goodrow up to 3C. Not Bonino. 

All in time.  I'm sure Lavvy has his reasons, but I'm sure we'll see some combo of sorts like that soon enough.  We definitely need guys back soon.  This could go belly up at any time.

15 hours ago, Bugg said:

Wonder if Domingue clears waivers next time he gets sent down. There is some really shitty goaltending especially in the west. 

A player does not have to clear waivers if he has been on an NHL roster for no more than 30 days or has played no more than 10 games since the last time he cleared.  Thus, so long as Domingue is sent down within 30 days of his call up, he doesn't have to clear (I assume that Domingue cleared when sent down at the end of camp).  The rule allows for short term call ups.   In contrast to Domingue, Jones has never cleared, so the exemption would not apply to him and they have to keep him up, ala Hajek, who also had never cleared (until late last season). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Phil unpinned this topic