• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Way Too Early Trade Deadline Targets

36 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

I really wanted to grab him when he held out. 

This summer trade Kreider sign Nylander.

12 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

maybe trade zibby

Y'all taking crazy pills. Nylander is gonna sign for like 2x what Kreider makes with none of the legacy or camaraderie.

Trading Zib leaves the team without a 1C. You want to load up on the wings and go into the playoffs with Vinny Trocheck as your 1C?

14 minutes ago, Phil said:

Y'all taking crazy pills. Nylander is gonna sign for like 2x what Kreider makes with none of the legacy or camaraderie.

Trading Zib leaves the team without a 1C. You want to load up on the wings and go into the playoffs with Vinny Trocheck as your 1C?

I'd gladly take Nylander and say Othmann for 12-13m over Kreider and Goodrow for 10.  The difference is easy to over come.   

I'll trade legacy and comaradery for a 5 year young player that scores 40 more points.

8 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

I'd gladly take Nylander and say Othmann for 12-13m over Kreider and Goodrow for 10.  The difference is easy to over come.   

I'll trade legacy and comaradery for a 5 year young player that scores 40 more points.

Great, here's my counter: keep Kreider. Keep Othmann. Trade Goodrow. Don't sign Willy.

• Bullseye 1

My counter to all of the above would be: develop Cuylle and Othmann.  Trade Goodrow.  Let Kreider sort itself out over the next couple of seasons since he's cheap for his production.  Bring in nobody expensive either in assets expended or cap encumbrance at TDL.  Maybe make a deal for a 26/27 year old with another year or two on the contract who fills a need but not on line 1 or 2.  Make it the kind of deal where if he fits just right you can re-sign him for a profit in couple of years when other questions come due and NMC's begin to expire.

It should be obvious to everybody at this point that the '23-'24 Rangers do not need fixing.  If the current issues on the team continue they are probably unfixable given the cap situation and we'll just have to ride them out.  12-2-1 with several key players not performing at optimal levels and two key players not performing at all gives us a lot of latitude to just ride the wave and naturally correct into a better roster over time this season and next.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

You're overlooking Chytil as the 1 or 2C.

I threw up a little in my mouth on that one.

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1
  • The Chyt! 2

10 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Ice Hockey Love GIF by NHL

Look at the leadership. The only center who’s been able to extract decent production out of Krappo

I'm sure he's saying if we keep this up it will only be a matter of time before  we're both back playing against men in the Finnish Liiga.

• Keeps it 100 1

I can't figure out a reason why MIN would do it, but if their season falls out from under them:

Chytil ($4.4375M x 4) + ? for Hartman ($1.7M this season, $4Mx3 starting next season).

Can either sign Kane with the extra cap room you gain this season, or use it to acquire another depth RWer at the deadline. You actually gain like half a mil on the cap next year and get a durable, agitating center who can play anywhere in your lineup.

Cuylle-Hartman-Kakko third line would be thick.

9b62dc8b28a85ea72dd273c826186417.gif

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

I can't figure out a reason why MIN would do it, but if their season falls out from under them:

Chytil ($4.4375M x 4) + ? for Hartman ($1.7M this season, $4Mx3 starting next season).

Can either sign Kane with the extra cap room you gain this season, or use it to acquire another depth RWer at the deadline. You actually gain like half a mil on the cap next year and get a durable, agitating center who can play anywhere in your lineup.

9b62dc8b28a85ea72dd273c826186417.gif

I’d love Hartman but I don’t see Minnesota trading him.

I wonder, if Chytil is going to continue to miss time and we need to chase a 3C, if we give Montreal a call on Sean Monahan. He’s a pending UFA and could be an interesting name for us.

• Like 1

Chytil is on the "never play again" progression.  This may not be the concussion that does it but the next one surely will.

He had a concussion in pre-season and then he had another one less than a month later in the season.  The latest concussion was somewhere between his 3rd and 6th depending on what sources you look at.

He's almost done.

If his doctors had their way he would be done.

Edited by Br4d

28 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Chytil is on the "never play again" progression.  This may not be the concussion that does it but the next one surely will.

He had a concussion in pre-season and then he had another one less than a month later in the season.  The latest concussion was somewhere between his 3rd and 6th depending on what sources you look at.

He's almost done.

If his doctors had their way he would be done.

you dont know that.  it could be just ruptured testicle.  Those doent heal quickly

2 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

you dont know that.  it could be just ruptured testicle.  Those doent heal quickly

Upper body injury is the description the Rangers have been using.

Now it's possible that his nuts got knocked up into his sternum because Chytil has really unfortunate injuries.  However I think it is more likely that it's another concussion.

Having a recent concussion makes you more prone to having another and he had one in camp.  Then after 3 weeks off he was good for the regular season and 2 weeks later he got another.

The likely restraint on having him back any time soon is if he goes 3 concussions in a season the NHL will probably get involved. 

1 minute ago, Br4d said:

Upper body injury is the description the Rangers have been using.

Now it's possible that his nuts got knocked up into his sternum because Chytil has really unfortunate injuries.  However I think it is more likely that it's another concussion.

Having a recent concussion makes you more prone to having another and he had one in camp.  Then after 3 weeks off he was good for the regular season and 2 weeks later he got another.

The likely restraint on having him back any time soon is if he goes 3 concussions in a season the NHL will probably get involved. 

i still think its a mild case of raptured testies

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’d love Hartman but I don’t see Minnesota trading him.

I wonder, if Chytil is going to continue to miss time and we need to chase a 3C, if we give Montreal a call on Sean Monahan. He’s a pending UFA and could be an interesting name for us.

I don't either. But where there's a will there's a way. I'd ask. USNTDP all day every day!

14 hours ago, Phil said:

I don't either. But where there's a will there's a way. I'd ask. USNTDP all day every day!

If things continue there as they’ve been going, it’s entirely possible.

Theres talk there of Evason being on the hot seat.

Though honestly, the cap situation there was bound to catch up with them eventually. Roster has holes cause they’re doing it with nearly $15 million in dead cap.

Hard to fill out a roster with 80 cents or so on the dollar. 

37 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

If things continue there as they’ve been going, it’s entirely possible.

Theres talk there of Evason being on the hot seat.

Though honestly, the cap situation there was bound to catch up with them eventually. Roster has holes cause they’re doing it with nearly $15 million in dead cap.

Hard to fill out a roster with 80 cents or so on the dollar. 

He's got a NMC, and you know who doesn't get moved? 30G guys who make $4M... That's the kind of deal Minny needs. Not $4M+ for a guy who plays 60 games a year if you're lucky. 

Pipe dream. 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

He's got a NMC, and you know who doesn't get moved? 30G guys who make $4M... That's the kind of deal Minny needs. Not $4M+ for a guy who plays 60 games a year if you're lucky. 

Pipe dream. 

I’m not actually counting on it Pete.

Just saying it might be possible if things continue to go south.