• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#14) Rangers vs. Columbus Blue Jackets - Let's do That Hockey!

High and Wide

Having seen enough of these plays I would love to see the interpretation of “definitive video evidence” be updated. The, very very rare cases where it would be wrong are far fewer than the number of times these wind up correct. Better yet, just use the same goal line technology soccer has had for over five years. 

we see too many goals in a glove that is obviously in the net or plays like this over turned on what is basically a technicality. Rarely do I see one and am like “oh that’s 50/50 in the net”. No they’re either obviously there or it’s not a goal, whether you can see the puck on the ice or not. Would rather be right on those more and I’d take the trade off on occasionally being wrong, rather than always being wrong because we couldn’t have X-ray vision through a pad to a puck obviously in the net 

Edited by Valriera

Just now, phillyb said:

Fact,  this has been used dozens of times over the last several years and not just against us.  Where was the overhead view showing the puck clearly crossed the line?

If you asked a fan of every team I'm sure they say the same thing that's always said here, their team is always fucked by these calls and clearly there is an agenda against their team.  Do they get calls wrong, sure do, are there black helicopters circling over MSG, I'm going to stick with no there isn't.

14 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Here's my interpretation of what happened:

- Call on the ice was no goal. 

- It took a very long time for the whistle to actually blow. 

- The puck wasn't clearly in the net until the puck was not visible for a long time. 

- "intent to blow" is probably kinda sorta what happened. 

I would add that the only reason it took so long was because even Toronto thought it was likely the puck was in the net and they were trying to find proof that it was. They couldn't find it. Thanks for trying. Bad break. Oh well.

The only time you can see the puck definitively over the line was after Kakko had taken whacks at it and the ref was already coming in with intent to stop play / waving arms /etc.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

6 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Watch the replay again though. The referee actively didn't blow the whistle. He was searching for the puck. This wasn't called off because he intended to blow the whistle. It was called off because he didn't see the puck and replays didn't help. 

2 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

Fact,  this has been used dozens of times over the last several years and not just against us.  Where was the overhead view showing the puck clearly crossed the line?

If you asked a fan of every team I'm sure they say the same thing that's always said here, their team is always fucked by these calls and clearly there is an agenda against their team.  Do they get calls wrong, sure do, are there black helicopters circling over MSG, I'm going to stick with no there isn't.

Looked like Merzlikins glove was covering the angle from the camera in the net…

Just now, Pete said:

Trocheck looks so much better with Panarin now. Seems coaching was all they needed. Wheeler is fucking god awful slow but he looks much better. 

Cuylle and Kakko also look like a thing. Get them a real C. 

I’d like to see cuylle and kakko with zibanejad, kreider chytil wheeler on the third when chytil comes back

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

I would add that the only reason it took so long was because even Toronto thought it was likely the puck was in the net and they were trying to find proof that it was. They couldn't find it. Thanks for trying. Bad break. Oh well.

The only time you can see the puck definitively over the line was after Kakko had taken whacks at it and the ref was already coming in with intent to stop play / waving arms /etc.

I mean, referee waited until he literally eas nearly 100% directly behind the net before even starting his intent. I think it's more likely because no one could actually see the puck anymore. Not that he was intending something prior. 

14 minutes ago, Karan said:

That and in order to overturn the on-ice goal, you need definitive video evidence which I don't think they had, so it goes back to referee's call. 

Showed reds watching the wrong angle. Garden screaming. Another view showed it was in. 

no matter though..’intent’ to blow the whistle rules the day. Fuck!!

Just now, Pistol Pete said:

Looked like Merzlikins glove was covering the angle from the camera in the net…

Could be, in those situations you almost always see a view from above where you can see the puck vs the goal line. For whatever reason we never got that view, maybe they did. I think it falls into the cluster fuck category.