• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#16) Rangers at Dallas Stars — Artemi Get Your Gun

High and Wide

I don’t have a problem pulling the goalie. There’s no excuse for them walking the puck out of the zone four on six. Sometimes the defenseman gets it low and wings it out of the zone and it happens to go in. Fine. But the fact that they walked it out 4 on 6 days all we need about tonight’s game 

1 minute ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

You pull the goalie because it doesn't matter if you lose by 4 or 3.  But a 6 on 4 makes it likelier you score the goal to make it 4-3.  Then you can pull the goalie hoping to get it to 4-4.  Didn't work out.  

You’re right. Difference of opinion. It just happens that one of us is right and the other is Peter laviolette. 

Edited by siddious

Few things. We missed the net a lot tonight. We started fast and looked really in sync. That first was a really impressive period. Probably one of their better ones of the season IMO. They looked really put together. Then Dallas turned it on and we were caught flat footed and we were chasing a lot the last 40. But it really doesn’t help when your top line is really not only not producing but is putting you behind the 8-ball. It seemed like on at least 3 shifts in the 2nd, Zibanejads line kept us pinned in the D-Zone for minutes at a time. Some line flipping may be needed there; there’s just zero 5v5 offense from the three of them right now. 

Zac Jones is a nice little fill-in. But Fox can’t come back soon enough. He looked horrible tonight. Was a -3 and was out of position an awful lot for a team that is really well structured.

And further, Igor needs to be better. The Hughes goal the other night and now the few bad ones tonight. He’s a little lackadaisical right now.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

They've got one line that's carried them offensively Panarin's, and a good PP. Other than that they've got very little going offensively up until now. It's pretty amazing they have as many points as they do with so many others doing so little. Thankfully the goaltending on most nights is outplaying the guy at the other end along with some improved D play.

10 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Few things. We missed the net a lot tonight. We started fast and looked really in sync. That first was a really impressive period. Probably one of their better ones of the season IMO. They looked really put together. Then Dallas turned it on and we were caught flat footed and we were chasing a lot the last 40. But it really doesn’t help when your top line is really not only not producing but is putting you behind the 8-ball. It seemed like on at least 3 shifts in the 2nd, Zibanejads line kept us pinned in the D-Zone for minutes at a time. Some line flipping may be needed there; there’s just zero 5v5 offense from the three of them right now. 

Zac Jones is a nice little fill-in. But Fox can’t come back soon enough. He looked horrible tonight. Was a -3 and was out of position an awful lot for a team that is really well structured.

And further, Igor needs to be better. The Hughes goal the other night and now the few bad ones tonight. He’s a little lackadaisical right now.

Igor is rusty.

Mika has to shave his head. 

Really only the 2nd total clunker this season. Over 82 games, it happens.

Fox is sorely missed.

Onto Team Geritol in Pittsburgh Wednesday. 

30 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

WE didnt do shit, Richie. Dont blame me and others on here for this loss. 

3 minutes ago, Karan said:

Zibanejad's currently on page for 10 goals on the year. I guess this means he's going to have a monster second half...

I think we're ~ 20% of the way in. So there's plenty of time but he's shown literally nothing to date goal wise along with some others, clearly he's the most alarming to me. Time to get going. 

14 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

I think we're ~ 20% of the way in. So there's plenty of time but he's shown literally nothing to date goal wise along with some others, clearly he's the most alarming to me. Time to get going. 

Almost reminds me of the Covid season where he was ice cold to start then went scorched Earth. 

Its coming. Eventually it will all even out. We have seen this with Mika where he looks like a lost puppy then goes on a rampage where he scores like 13 goals in 4 games.

I just wish it was more consistent.