• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Peter Laviolette Keeps an Incredible Streak Going With the Rangers: 'He's Like a Great Chef'

Phil

4 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Gladly admitting to underestimating the difference Lavy would make. Thrilled to see Laf may have a game. So bring on the crow for Lavy and start warming up the plate for Yukon too, I'm ready and happy to dig in.  Now just don't fuck this up Chubby even if Panarin goes quiet for an extended period of time. RIP Kakko.

i think panarin and laf are complementing each other.  In the beginning of the season I thought Laf's success was all Panarin, but Laf has been setting up Panarin too and with some awesome plays.  Laf got elite vision and tools to execute.  

• ALEXIS! 2
  • Applause 1

Just now, Albatrosss said:

i think panarin and laf are complementing each other.  In the beginning of the season I thought Laf's success was all Panarin, but Laf has been setting up Panarin too and with some awesome plays.  Laf got elite vision and tools to execute.  

His passing last night was perhaps the best I've seen from him. I also love that he's starting to hit more too. Everything you saw from him in Juniors is starting to come alive at the NHL level.

• Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 1

3 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Very fair. Deep playoff runs are hard. 

He does have an excellent resume though.

Cup Champion.

Two more trips to the SCF.

With 3 different teams to boot, which is hard to do. 
He’s won 4 division titles with 3 different teams. 
Earned 60% of his regular season points. 

He’s been a very good coach for a long time. 

no denying he's a very good coach, one of the all-time best probably but he won the cup almost 20 years ago.  i was still in high school dreaming of being a rock star

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

His passing last night was perhaps the best I've seen from him. I also love that he's starting to hit more too. Everything you saw from him in Juniors is starting to come alive at the NHL level.

he played physical last year too.  hit bodies and went to the net. Everything you could ask from a young kid trying to make it in the NHL. This season he's just comfortable and putting everything together. 

I'd like to vote for him as a next NYR captain.

1 minute ago, Albatrosss said:

no denying he's a very good coach, one of the all-time best probably but he won the cup almost 20 years ago.  i was still in high school dreaming of being a rock star

Fair point. 

Let's see where we end up when all is said and done. Fingers crossed. Still very impressed so far. Could certainly end up throwing the plates of crow against the wall in the spring if they go out with a whimper.

he played physical last year too.  hit bodies and went to the net. Everything you could ask from a young kid trying to make it in the NHL. This season he's just comfortable and putting everything together. 

I'd like to vote for him as a next NYR captain.

Trouba will have the 'C' for awhile yet, but yeah, if Laf keeps this up, he's well on his way.

6 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

That Carolina team got old fast, especially on the blue line and front office didn’t do the things they needed to. 

Smaller market, etc.

I thought they could’ve won another one if they had retooled in some spots properly.

Especially in that division. 

he's got 2 more years after this season.  you think drury will extend him? he'll be 31-32

I don't know, tough call. A lot can happen in two years. It might depend on how he ages. He's been even better since Lav took over, and if he's still coaching here and things are great, they just might. If he wants crazy years and money at 32 or so, then I probably wouldn't.

Edited by Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, RangersIn7 said:

That Carolina team got old fast, especially on the blue line and front office didn’t do the things they needed to. 

Smaller market, etc.

I thought they could’ve won another one if they had retooled in some spots properly.

they won the first season after the lockout,right?  that was a crazy year with new rules and crazy scoring.  

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I don't know, tough call. A lot can happen in two years. It might depend on how he ages. He's been even better since Lav took over, and if he's still coaching here and things are great, they just might. If he wants crazy years and money at 32 or so, then I probably wouldn't.

it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.  I was shitting on him for his caphit vs play for 4 years and now after i met him and was on a plane with him for 10 hours, i kinda want him to stick around.  lol

30 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

they won the first season after the lockout,right?  that was a crazy year with new rules and crazy scoring.  

Yup

But they had A LOT of vets on that team. Particularly on D.

And no really great player on D.

Had they been able to make a move or two, get a bit younger and a bit better, with guys like Staal and Williams and some of the vets they might’ve been able to get another shot.

But small market.

They won the Cup.

I don’t think there was an appetite for all of that back then.

They weren’t run nearly as well as they are now. 

1 hour ago, RangersIn7 said:

Smaller market, etc.

The 'canes style of play does not lend itself to longevity out of the same roster of players.  Have to change it up every few years because it's really hard to maintain that level of effort over time.

2 minutes ago, Br4d said:

The 'canes style of play does not lend itself to longevity out of the same roster of players.  Have to change it up every few years because it's really hard to maintain that level of effort over time.

Agreed.

With that top-6 forward group though, of 

RBA

Staal

Cole

Whitney

Williams

Stillman

Plus a 3rd line of Adams-Cullen-Adams, that they could’ve kept intact.

Had they gotten some upgrades on D, with Ward in goal….

Its possible they go deep again.

Injuries hurt them too the year after the Cup win

6 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Agreed.

With that top-6 forward group though, of 

RBA

Staal

Cole

Whitney

Williams

Stillman

Plus a 3rd line of Adams-Cullen-Adams, that they could’ve kept intact.

Had they gotten some upgrades on D, with Ward in goal….

Its possible they go deep again.

Injuries hurt them too the year after the Cup win

BBC line!

Battaglia, Brindamour, Cole

• Applause 1

2 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

you complain a lot. 

But GG did take the team to ECF.  Same team that was embarrassed by the 'canes the year before and then shit the bed the year after vs the Devils.  just saying. 

we all wanted GG gone but i'm not going to start blowing Lavi yet, not until i see results in the playoffs.  Right now i'm just enjoying the ride.

Statistically teams ahead 2-0 in NHL playoff series win out 330 to 51, or 86.6%. Gallant's Rangers teams are 2 of the 51 that managed to shit the bed, and did it 2 years running. Speaks to not having a plan nor an idea. 

14 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

There is definitely some chemistry there.

Sometimes it takes a particular quality of player to bring out the best in another.  Panarin for the most part is ready for what Laf dishes out and he also creates opportunities in front of the net for Laf.  It's a real synergy.

2 hours ago, Br4d said:

There is definitely some chemistry there.

Sometimes it takes a particular quality of player to bring out the best in another.  Panarin for the most part is ready for what Laf dishes out and he also creates opportunities in front of the net for Laf.  It's a real synergy.

A Strome replacement at wing as opposed to center but who cares if it is maximizing our two most valuable assets.

• Keeps it 100 1

Laffy looks like a different player this year. His confidence with the puck and carrying it into the O zone, instead of dumping it in, has been really impressive. And that he's doing this on his off side makes it all the more impressive. I'm stoked for him and all Ranger fans that we got to witness him pull it all together. That Detroit game was one of his best. Ripping on him the last couple of years really produced some of the most comical posts but I'm sure we'd all like him to keep it up and keep improving.

• Keeps it 100 1