• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#24) Rangers @ Ottawa Senators — Brod the Bod Szn

Phil

1 minute ago, phillyb said:

I blocked the Nashville game out of memory. Is this worse than that? 

From what I've seen?  Yes. They're letting Ottawa just walk in unmolested. They're also not playing any sort ofvnorth south hockey. Over thinking every entry and making the extra unnecessary passes. 

Atleast Lafrenière is yapping at the Sens bench. 

• Phil unpinned this topic

I'll take "Fuck Around & Find Out" for $1000, Alex!

This kind of game has been brewing for a little bit now;  If we gave up another odd-man rush in that 2nd period, I was gonna puke!  ...and seriously how many bad puck luck bounces did they get? 

Back in the day, a game like this would have me aggravated beyond belief.  I've come to realize that games like this are the best learning experience, & exactly the reason they remind you that YOU DON'T ABANDON WHO THE FUCK YOU ARE AS A TEAM!

Here are the Top 9 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Manwich, the maker of the best Sloppy Joe's around...the only thing sloppier than this piss we watched tonight!

12 hours ago, Pete said:

I'd love to see my wife sign off on a threesome between me, Blake Lively, and Rihanna but in reality I'm just gonna rub one out in the bathroom to NSFW reddit.

Moral of the story, a nut is a nut and a win is a win.

3 hours ago, Karan said:

Never stop chasing those big dreams bro! But in the meantime, you might have to better luck in getting her to sign off on a threesome with you and Ozzy. Based on Keirik's stories, his charms are irresistible. 

2 hours ago, mbob said:

Senators coach likes cheeseburgers a lot.

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

The guy who proposed it is sick, so may be a fever dream. Answer; Dennis Hopper and Marlon Brando in the southeast Asian jungle.

1 hour ago, LindG1000 said:

They're giving us the slot and we're just not putting it in. It's like junior prom.

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

At least we're used to New York getting fucked by Senators. It's usually just by publicly elected officials.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Well, I started watching pre game. Got a call from my sister in law about some family issues. Hour and a half later the Rangers are playing a stinker. 

I'm never talking to her again. LOL. 

1 hour ago, Valriera said:

Mika’s line looks tired from all the skating they’re not doing 

41 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

ENG. 2-6 Drop the soap and spread-em boys!

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @BrooksBurner, who had to overcome a pretty hilarious @Pete quote for the win!

Ahhh, Fuck it fellas!  This one was a puker, and it's just screaming out that it's back to basics, and what we did to start the season.  We did have our chances, but once we pissed away that 5 on 3 with NO FUCKING SHOTS...it was curtains!

Saturday we start a new winning streak!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Believe 2

I rate that a GOOD loss!  That's the kind of loss that kicks you in the ass to tighten up, and fix the bullshit.

Too many turnovers, too many east/west passes...etc.  We've seen this before right, Mr Gallant?  Strike this one from the record, but that sting is gonna feel good in June!!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Brodzinski -3 with zero shots on goal. So, yea.

For the team, chuck this game and move on. One thing I'll say is, their losses generally aren't close. The win close games. When they lose, it's usually by a wide margin.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

For the team, chuck this game and move on. One thing I'll say is, their losses generally aren't close. The win close games. When they lose, it's usually by a wide margin.

The only way to beat the Rangers right now is to get a 3 goal lead.  They just aren't losing the tight games that stay tight.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, RangersIn7 said:

It’s a different game if Forsberg doesn’t make a couple of really big saves at 4-2 in the second period. 

Can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I think they actually NEEDED that loss last night...and not that it was like a 4-3, or 2-1 loss.  It was a pretty good beating.  We've been kinda getting away from what was set from day 1.

The Harlem Globetrotter shit, how many fucking turnovers, failed clearing attempts, fumbled passes...just a re-visit to how this looked last year.

Igor hung out to dry all night...shit's old.  I'm actually glad they got the wake up call last night.  I expect to see MY Rangers again Saturday night!

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I think they actually NEEDED that loss last night...and not that it was like a 4-3, or 2-1 loss.  It was a pretty good beating.  We've been kinda getting away from what was set from day 1.

The Harlem Globetrotter shit, how many fucking turnovers, failed clearing attempts, fumbled passes...just a re-visit to how this looked last year.

Igor hung out to dry all night...shit's old.  I'm actually glad they got the wake up call last night.  I expect to see MY Rangers again Saturday night!

Yeah

They got loose vs a garbage SJ team on Sunday.

Tried that last night against an Ottawa team that’s way better than their previous opponent and it bit them. 

1 hour ago, RangersIn7 said:

It’s a different game if Forsberg doesn’t make a couple of really big saves at 4-2 in the second period. 

Maybe so.  I think the Rangers have been courting this type of loss since the Bruins game.  I think they have some real depth issues at this point and unfortunately the 5v5 story is still all the Panarin line.

Laviolette has some work ahead of him to bring this thing home.

5 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Yeah

They got loose vs a garbage SJ team on Sunday.

Tried that last night against an Ottawa team that’s way better than their previous opponent and it bit them. 

You ain't kiddin', 7!!

Those old Granpa G habits are going to die hard.  I think a lot of us knew it, but it's better they learn it in December, when these games are brushed off a lot easier than in May and June, when they cement your legacy as a winner or a loser.

If we lose a game that we play hard and play our game, not deviating from the team game plan, then fine!  I can live with that.  It's when you fling a turd rocket like that 1st and 2nd period in the ring, where it's just never going to be acceptable...especially to this staff.

I'll bet Mr. Laviolette has a bit to say on that tomorrow in practice I'm sure.  LOL

34 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Maybe so.  I think the Rangers have been courting this type of loss since the Bruins game.  I think they have some real depth issues at this point and unfortunately the 5v5 story is still all the Panarin line.

Laviolette has some work ahead of him to bring this thing home.

Yeah… they’ve been a bit looser since then.

But I don’t think it’s cause for alarm. 

It’s a long season.

You’re going to have clunkers in 82 games.

They’ll be peaks and valleys at times too.

Not just with wins and losses but how you’re playing, and also, what are you doing well and not doing well and what’s working and what’s not at varying times. 

They’ll be fine