• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#29) Rangers @ Boston Bruins — Shippin' up

Phil

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The Bruins started the evening by celebrating Mike Milbury? Like having a remembrance for that kid that shit his pants in 4th grade.

Not to worship the athletes of my past, particularly the ones I did not like, but if Lindgren could fight?  Mike Milbury.

• LMFAO 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

You're not going to be perfect, but second of a back to back playing on the road against a very tough team. It's hard to complain too much about anything with the exception of not shooting enough. Great result, and good for Igor. They gave him this big game and he delivered.

Hung in there and found a way. 

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

You're not going to be perfect, but second of a back to back playing on the road against a very tough team. It's hard to complain too much about anything with the exception of not shooting enough. Great result, and good for Igor. They gave him this big game and he delivered.

I didn’t turn it on until just after Boston scored. So, like 6 minutes into 2nd period.

But from then on, I thought Rangers were the better team.

Rangers were aided on the PP chances they got.

But the calls I saw weren’t incorrect or biased. They just called penalties cause they saw them and had to.

A good win and obviously we gladly take it but I think that this was not a battle of conference Titans fighting it out to an overtime result (must have been a good game right?)

I think that this was actually a battle of conference Titans who are both a little off at the moment. Both teams rededicating themselves to better defensive effort.  As a result we saw what looked like almost flawless defense and good goaltending on both sides.  Looked a lot like iffy offense on both sides to me,

But we found a way.  Another good win and another two points

• Keeps it 100 1

As I have said before in past posts when a team has the ability to come from behind and win you have a special team. Rangers come from behind in Boston! When was the last time that happened?? 
Funny I’ve heard some rumblings about the Rangers not playing well lately. Yes they needed some adjustments.  I felt good knowing THIS TEAM WILL FIND A WAY! AND THEY DID TONIGHT! Granted the Rangers have played 29 games still a ways to go. However, things are looking upwards. Hope they stay healthy  the rest of the way. LETS GO RANGERS! 

Ranger Ed 

• Believe 2

22 minutes ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

A good win and obviously we gladly take it but I think that this was not a battle of conference Titans fighting it out to an overtime result (must have been a good game right?)

I think that this was actually a battle of conference Titans who are both a little off at the moment. Both teams rededicating themselves to better defensive effort.  As a result we saw what looked like almost flawless defense and good goaltending on both sides.  Looked a lot like iffy offense on both sides to me,

But we found a way.  Another good win and another two points

Can’t disagree. Boston is fighting it, and missing some key pieces at the moment. Same goes for us with Kakko and Chytil.

That said, I do think there is a gap between the Rangers and Bruins together and then everyone else in the conference right now. We are struggling right now, for sure. Not as crisp as we were to start on either side but it’s a long season. Stretches like that will happen. In the meantime, as you find that recipe, pocketing wins is always a very welcome thing.

Loved virtually every aspect of that game particularly the third period.  Absolutely worth respect.  I will say, the atrocious officiating in the NHL has reached entirely new levels and is looking to only get worse in the coming years as some of the veteran officials begin to retire.  In last nights game I positive neither side had any clue what a penalty was and what was not.  That’s a sign of terrible officiating.

• Like 1

The biggest eye opener about this game for me was that the Rangers had Swayman dead to rights at least two or three times where they were staring at open nets and elected to pass. 

When Zib passed up a shot to try and get it back to you Panarin who was covered in the slot, you could see Panarin give him a death stare as if to say "what the FUCK are you doing?"

This easily could have been a four or five to one outcome. 

Any word on a suspension for Pasta? It was clear that he was hunting Lindgren all night. A little disappointed that there was no response from the Rangers. They should have went after Marchand. 

• Bullseye 2
  • Applause 1

The Rangers are doing too much east-west stuff right now but it didn't kill them last night.

Zibanejad is setting up differently on the left side on the power play now, down low and looking to pass to the slot.  Not bad at all but he is passing up some shots as you said.

Fox penetrated well last night but for some reason would not shoot the puck off of that penetration.  Rebounds are worth something as well and any shot from in close to the blocker side is likely to produce one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

The biggest eye opener about this game for me was that the Rangers had Swayman dead to rights at least two or three times where they were staring at open nets and elected to pass. 

When Zib passed up a shot to try and get it back to you Panarin who was covered in the slot, you could see Panarin give him a death stare as if to say "what the FUCK are you doing?"

Any word on a suspension for Pasta? It was clear that he was hunting Lindgren all night. A little disappointed that there was no response from the Rangers. They should have went after Marchand. 

Would like to think there's a film session when these points are made. I understand they're trying to get the goalie to make a mistake having to move side to side. But  better defensive teams aren't gonna let you do that nearly as much. That is going away altogether when good teams tighten up come April, May and June. Would be better off taking a shot and crashing the net. 

To Br4d's point; feel like Fox is costing himself goals.  He has the puck, is open, has space in front of him, and rather than drive the net or just shoot, he pulls it back, passes. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Yeah.

I only saw a bit more than half of the game, but I felt that they certainly overpassed the puck on several occasions.

And when you do that, you always arrive eventually at at occasions where you attempt to make a pass or two that you absolutely should not at to make, regardless of why you should not make it. 

Part of that I think has to do with how well Boston defends.

You play teams like that, who defend so well, it gets in your head, and guys start thinking they have to be perfect to score.

Ahhh, ye of little faith...Let there be light in that nasty ass town of Boston!  Those filthy bastards need a beating next time we play 'em!  Screw the game and just fucking behead Pasternak. 

I could give a shit about the 2 points in the next one.  Time to lay the smack down!  The way we're playing, we should have plenty of points to go and have a war with these pricks!

Here are the Top 17 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by The Red Cross...where Ryan Lindgren donates regularly!

16 hours ago, jsrangers said:

Brian Boyle returns! 

gotta find a box of tissues, quick.

15 hours ago, Dem said:

Lex friggen Luther coaching the Bruins. The evil bastard

15 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I am at a point that I believe if he were to take a shot in the shootout, Zibanejad would look to pass.

15 hours ago, siddious said:

Well Igor hasn’t given up 5 yet so good start

14 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Trocheck had to have fucked this linesman’s wife or something. He’s been thrown out of any faceoff he’s tried to take so far tonight.

14 hours ago, Karan said:

That was a ridiculous call. Roughing by Panarin? Pretty sure Keirik and Ozzy are far rougher with each other at a bar night (and in the hotel after). 

14 hours ago, Keirik said:

Panarin, two minutes for making eye contact

14 hours ago, siddious said:

Someone please remind Lindgren he is the Nordic god of GIVING pain, not TAKING it. 

13 hours ago, Keirik said:

Maybe it's that avocado Mayo you see at Whole Foods. Vile stuff 

13 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

WTF!! Pop those beers boys!!

13 hours ago, Bugg said:

Jim Montgomery is the whiniest baldest motherfucker on earth. 

13 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Vincenzo Trocheck tu bellissimo bastardo!

13 hours ago, Bugg said:

BUCK FOSTON!!!

13 hours ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

You just got Gabagooled 🤌

13 hours ago, Valriera said:

Trochek and panarin look like the goons you’d kill in the first mission of GTA 

13 hours ago, Bugg said:

The Bruins started the evening by celebrating Mike Milbury? Like having a remembrance for that kid that shit his pants in 4th grade.

13 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Did they present him with a gold shoe?

Some absolute gems in the GDT tonight!  Also some new fish in the tank @JHS, @delneggs, and @Steve.  Welcome aboard the wildest ride you'll find in Ranger-Ville!!

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Bugg!!!  Richie's @RichieNextel305 Trocheck faceoff post was pretty close, but Bugg's takes the bacon tonight!

Playoff-like game tonight, fellas.  Igor looked like Igor, and just a reminder:
We're good...have faith!!! 

Stanley Cup Sport GIF by NHL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • CK20! 1
  • Believe 1